Start by marking “First We'll Kill My Husband” as Want to Read:
First We'll Kill My Husband

First We'll Kill My Husband

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A Murdered Husband. . .

Gulf War veteran Doug Gissendaner would do anything for a friend, a stranger, or the wife who broke every rule in the marriage book. Now, investigators were scouring the Georgia woods not far from Doug's home. They'd already found the charred wreckage of his car. They knew they were looking for a body. . .

A Hitman Who Killed For Love. . .

Gregory
Published August 1st 2008 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about First We'll Kill My Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First We'll Kill My Husband

Suzie Flohr
I really liked this book but I prefer it when its more about the people involved , for me personally it had to much about the court case.
Michelle
Jul 05, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall it was an interesting case but the writing was poor. Testimony coverage was interesting but any time the author has to summarize or narrate the story - the quality of the book dropped. Interesting story but would have enjoyed it much more had a veteran crime writer written the book.
Holly Gross
Mar 10, 2016 Holly Gross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Certainly an interesting story, especially if you live in Georgia. The writing is not as compelling as the story itself. I think there were others involved in this murder but the wife was definitely behind it. She was executed last year.
Michelle Meikle
Mar 09, 2015 Michelle Meikle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read... Gives me an insight in the mind of killers. For all the things she went through, I left thinking "No wonder, she murdered her husband" It almost seems inevitable!
Marti
Nov 17, 2009 Marti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i hadn't read a true crime book in a long time, and was surprised to see that i had gotten on at a book sale. the victim and their children are good characters, but the wife and her lover are certainly scumbags. at one point she recounts her earlier history, and you could almost seem sorry for her if you didn't remember that she is quite the liar and fabricator of stories. i guess that it is natural that criminals will be sleazy--can't feel too sorry for them. one question: How could sa military ...more
Jessica
Oct 02, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

not sure how I.missed this one.
is there some typos? sure. does it detract? nope. solid true crime story. def recommend.
Cindy
Sep 02, 2013 Cindy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
True crime novels are almost never as intriguing as they sound. I guess criminals aren't really that interesting.
Rissy
Rissy rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Johnna Whetstone
Johnna Whetstone marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Glenda
Glenda rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Mary Walter
Mary Walter marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Mary Daniels
Mary Daniels rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Aliza Burton
Aliza Burton rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Thomasine NIADNA
Thomasine NIADNA marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
marie
marie rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Laurel Johnson
Laurel Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Judy
Judy added it
Mar 24, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Maya Hollinshead
Maya Hollinshead marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
John Heath
John Heath rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2016
Roger
Roger added it
Jan 25, 2016
Dan Hundt
Dan Hundt marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Heather Mathie
Heather Mathie rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015