Start by marking “What Can I Bring? Cookbook” as Want to Read:
What Can I Bring? Cookbook

What Can I Bring? Cookbook

Potlucks and picnics, dinner parties and church socials, fundraisers, toasts to the teacher, reunions, cookouts--it's the busy age of shared meals, which means with every invitation comes the question: " What can I bring?" Anne Byrn, an inspired cook, problem solver, and bestselling author of "The Cake Mix Doctor" cookbook and other books with over 2.6 million copies in pr ...more
Published November 10th 2007 by Workman Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What Can I Bring? Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Can I Bring? Cookbook

Kathleen
Oct 10, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, this is a conventional cookbook. And, yes, it's great. I have never gone wrong with Anne Byrn's books that aren't the Cake Mix Doctor ones, but I'm glad she wrote those books, as they were her first. The fact that those sold well got her book contracts for her other cookbooks, which I do love. I'm actually never eaten any Byrn recipes yet (dietary restrictions) -- but everything I have made from this one has been a crowd-pleaser. Yesterday's experiment from this book: Black bean tortilla ba ...more
Sheila DeChantal
I purchased this book recently on a trip to the North Shore. Browsing through the books being offered in one of the many (MANY) touristy type gift shops... my eyes landed on this book. It was pricey, (I can tell you I paid over double what I see it is on sale for at Amazon now...) but I really was drawn to this book.

I am that girl who has a stand by item or two that I bring to every outing we are invited too. One is my baked bean dish. You know the one that has baked beans, bacon, lima beans, ha
Crystal
Oct 12, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This was a solid cookbook. clearly conventional in style, so I didn't expect a lot of recipes I could use, but I liked the idea of more recipes that I could easily bring to events, so I picked it up from the library anyway. As I expected, there were plenty of dishes that involved dairy, eggs, and meat. I wouldn't buy a book like this. But there were a number of simple recipes, mostly salads and condiments, that were appealing and I'm going to try making. Orange Glazed Nuts, Oven Roasted Tomatoes ...more
Angie Windheim
Dec 09, 2009 Angie Windheim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The dilemma: Grandma is hosting Easter potluck and asks that I bring a “cooked vegetable.” Whoa. A cooked vegetable? Time to get creative. Well, I just opened trusty What Can I Bring? Cookbook, by Anne Byrn (aka The Cake Mix Doctor). I picked the Spinach and Feta Pie recipe. Yu-um. It had all the magic of spanakopitas with a lot less work. I chose to make the feed-a crowd version that filled up a 913 pan. Everybody loved it.

Over the years my mom has gifted me with the Cake Mix Doctor Cookbook, t
AuthorsOnTourLive!
Anne Byrn, known to millions of fans through her Cake Mix Doctor and Dinner Doctor cookbooks, shares tips for entertaining year-round in her new cookbook What Can I Bring?. Cutting through menu block-a condition familiar to everyone who cooks-Byrn offers over 200 delicious suggestions for crowd-pleasing food that's designed to travel. And, as a special treat for our listeners who belong to book clubs, Anne highlights her menu for hosting a book club luncheon.

We met Anne Byrn when she visited the
Eva Gogola
Dec 29, 2015 Eva Gogola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
I would cook SO MANY of these recipes. Strangely enough, the reason I picked this up was to find a good appetizer to take to a party. Though many of the recipes were great, I couldn't find one that would suit this crowd. Nonetheless, I'm adding this book to my ownership wishlist. I was particularly tickled with the margins for notes. I even saw some baking recipes that I wanted to dabble with. In conclusion, I need a Bundt pan.
Christina
May 26, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
My rule is I check a cookbook out of the library and test a few recipes before I buy it. I really don't need to do that with Anne Byrn, who is well known for her "Cake Mix Doctor" series of cookbooks. Her recipes are easy and you will find an abundance of tips here. I'll be adding this one to my collection soon.
Julie Davis
#90 - 2010.

All things potluck with simple but delicious sounding recipes, tips on how to make ahead, and ideas for packing and transporting. Knowing Byrn's cookbooks as I do, these are probably foolproof. I'll be trying out some of these to see if the book would be one to add to my library.
Kathy McC
Jul 02, 2013 Kathy McC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how many of the recipes I will ever make, but I loved the information at the beginning of the book. There were tips for choosing what to bring, ideas for containers, presentation suggestions, guest "etiquette".
DixieJo
Sep 25, 2010 DixieJo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a no-glam cookbook, but I am always looking for new ideas to take to potlucks or luncheons. Nice to get some new ideas.
Ann
Jan 19, 2016 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not made many of the recipes but the ones I have made have been good. Useful tips throughout.
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2012
Tammy Cross
Tammy Cross rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Corabel Shofner
Corabel Shofner rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2014
Amy  Franklin
Amy Franklin rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2009
Marti
Marti rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
E. Russell
E. Russell rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2008
Billie
Billie rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Tammy Crawford Oatis
Tammy Crawford Oatis rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2013
Terri
Terri rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2012
Liz Slater
Liz Slater rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Candice Barber
Candice Barber rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014
DK Simoneau
DK Simoneau rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • The Slow Cooker Cookbook: 87 Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes for Slow Cooked Meals
  • Japanese Cooking Made Simple: A Japanese Cookbook with Authentic Recipes for Ramen, Bento, Sushi & More
  • Skinny Pizza: Over 100 healthy recipes for America's favorite food
  • Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill: With More Than 125 Bold New Recipes
  • 20 Minute Express Recipes for Busy People
  • Thanksgiving Simple As Pie (Delicious Pie Recipes)
  • 90+ Tastefully Simple Recipes Volume 1: Chicken, Pasta, Salmon Box Set!
  • 101 Gluten Free Vegan Italian Food
  • Country Baking Quick Breads and Muffins (Delicious Recipes)
  • Gluten-Free Baking Classics for the Bread Machine
  • Diet Cookbook: Healthy Desserts-Naturally Up to 160 calories. Healthy European Desserts with natural ingredients and no artificial sweeteners (Low Fat Recipes, Low Calorie Cookbook Collection)
  • Satisfying Slow Cooker Meals and More
  • Healthy and Delicious Low Carb Cooking
  • Planet Barbecue!
  • Bake Until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook
  • Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook: The Food We Love From The Times We Treasure