What Can I Bring? Cookbook

What Can I Bring? Cookbook

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Potlucks and picnics, dinner parties and church socials, fundraisers, toasts to the teacher, reunions, cookouts--it's the busy age of shared meals, which means with every invitation comes the question: " What can I bring?" Anne Byrn, an inspired cook, problem solver, and bestselling author of "The Cake Mix Doctor" cookbook and other books with over 2.6 million copies in pr...more
Published November 10th 2007 by Workman Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What Can I Bring? Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Can I Bring? Cookbook

Angie Windheim
The dilemma: Grandma is hosting Easter potluck and asks that I bring a “cooked vegetable.” Whoa. A cooked vegetable? Time to get creative. Well, I just opened trusty What Can I Bring? Cookbook, by Anne Byrn (aka The Cake Mix Doctor). I picked the Spinach and Feta Pie recipe. Yu-um. It had all the magic of spanakopitas with a lot less work. I chose to make the feed-a crowd version that filled up a 9×13 pan. Everybody loved it.

Over the years my mom has gifted me with the Cake Mix Doctor Cookbook,...more
Sheila DeChantal
I purchased this book recently on a trip to the North Shore. Browsing through the books being offered in one of the many (MANY) touristy type gift shops... my eyes landed on this book. It was pricey, (I can tell you I paid over double what I see it is on sale for at Amazon now...) but I really was drawn to this book.

I am that girl who has a stand by item or two that I bring to every outing we are invited too. One is my baked bean dish. You know the one that has baked beans, bacon, lima beans, ha...more
Crystal
This was a solid cookbook. clearly conventional in style, so I didn't expect a lot of recipes I could use, but I liked the idea of more recipes that I could easily bring to events, so I picked it up from the library anyway. As I expected, there were plenty of dishes that involved dairy, eggs, and meat. I wouldn't buy a book like this. But there were a number of simple recipes, mostly salads and condiments, that were appealing and I'm going to try making. Orange Glazed Nuts, Oven Roasted Tomatoes...more
AuthorsOnTourLive!
Anne Byrn, known to millions of fans through her Cake Mix Doctor and Dinner Doctor cookbooks, shares tips for entertaining year-round in her new cookbook What Can I Bring?. Cutting through menu block-a condition familiar to everyone who cooks-Byrn offers over 200 delicious suggestions for crowd-pleasing food that's designed to travel. And, as a special treat for our listeners who belong to book clubs, Anne highlights her menu for hosting a book club luncheon.

We met Anne Byrn when she visited the...more
Christina
My rule is I check a cookbook out of the library and test a few recipes before I buy it. I really don't need to do that with Anne Byrn, who is well known for her "Cake Mix Doctor" series of cookbooks. Her recipes are easy and you will find an abundance of tips here. I'll be adding this one to my collection soon.
Julie Davis
#90 - 2010.

All things potluck with simple but delicious sounding recipes, tips on how to make ahead, and ideas for packing and transporting. Knowing Byrn's cookbooks as I do, these are probably foolproof. I'll be trying out some of these to see if the book would be one to add to my library.
Kathy McC
I don't know how many of the recipes I will ever make, but I loved the information at the beginning of the book. There were tips for choosing what to bring, ideas for containers, presentation suggestions, guest "etiquette".
DixieJo
This is a no-glam cookbook, but I am always looking for new ideas to take to potlucks or luncheons. Nice to get some new ideas.
Shelley
I especially enjoyed the dessert section, my family always has dessert when we get together!
Erin
I'm not going to lie, I like to read cookbooks. This is my new favorite!
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Nell
Nell added it
Jul 16, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Mary Jo
Mary Jo marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Rachel Hartman staats
Rachel Hartman staats marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Cake Mix Doctor Cupcakes!: From the Cake Mix Doctor Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor The Dinner Doctor The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes