Start by marking “Driven by Faith: The Trevor Bayne Story” as Want to Read:
Driven by Faith: The Trevor Bayne Story

Driven by Faith: The Trevor Bayne Story

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The story of NHL player and 2012 NHL Foundation Player Award finalist, Mike Fisher. Written for 9-11 year olds, all sales benefit World Vision.
Published April 10th 2012 by Zonderkidz (first published January 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Driven by Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driven by Faith

Robin Conley
I won this book from a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. I actually really enjoyed this book. Trevor Bayne's story is very interesting, and he seems like a genuinely good guy. I liked the fact that the author included NASCAR 101 facts too because I don't really know that much about NASCAR and it helped clarify a lot of Trevor's story. Overall, Trevor Bayne is an interesting guy and I enjoyed his story. My only complaints after reading it was that the author was a bit repetitive with each chapter k ...more
Dawn
I received this book through the First Reads program. "Driven By Faith" by Godwin Kelly is a book in the Zonderkidz Biography series published by Zondervan, a Christian publishing group. Teens, as well as adults, looking for a quick uplifting real-life read will find that this short book delivers. I particularly liked that much attention is given throughout to special sections that explain the basics of the sport that helps the reader more fully appreciate Trevor's accomplishments and also enlig ...more
Mike McAdam
I enjoyed this book! I know NOTHING about NASCAR so I had never heard of Trevor Bayne. This is a very short book but considering the subject is only 21, it is certainly understandable. I did feel like there was something missing from this book. The book covers the stock car racing and the religion of the subject and pretty much nothing else. There has to be more to this guy. Having said that, it is full of racing stories that I found very interesting and engaging and I never lost interest even t ...more
Jess
I found this to be a very inspiring story for both teens and pre-teens. Informative in their language, but not overloaded with info. I especially liked the "fact boxes" at the end of every chapter that added a little more insight into the story and sport of race car driving. It's hard to find books and stories that can articulate a faith in God in a way that younger readers can understand and embrace, but this book does just that. I enjoyed this book, and believe my 13 year old son will also, so ...more
I won the book Driven By Faith on goodreads.com. I don't know much about racing and NASCAR but I truly enjoyed reading this book. It explains everything so that it is easy to explain for its young or older readers. At the end of each chapter there is a small section that goes into further details about specific topics, which I also liked. Trevor's story is inspiring and demonstrates how you can get to the top with hardwork and talent. I also was impressed with his attitude toward the whole thing ...more
Kim
Very limited audience... I received as a Goodreads First Reads free giveaway.
Erin Cataldi
I'm not going to lie, I don't follow Nascar. I do however, remember Trevor Bayne winning the Daytona 500 last year because that is one heck of a big deal to win as a 20 year old rookie. This short junior biography highlights his career and his faith. I didn't realize he was so vocal about God (although he doesn't push it down your throat which is nice). It's a short, fast, inspirational read, good for Nascar and Christians alike.

I received this book free from Goodreads Giveaways in return for my
Stacy
I won this book as a FirstRead.

I must admit that I entered to win the book in part because I wondered what a 21 year old could have in his biography at such a young age. However, I really enjoyed reading about his life so far. I feel that this book would be a good read for any child who is looking for a positive role model in today's world. The book includes a lot of sidenotes on NASCAR, so that even if the child doesn't know much about racing, they will be able to follow along with the story.
Roxanne
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway! Factual writing of Trevor Bayne's life with focus not only on his involvement in NASCAR, but his faith in the Lord Jesus! Book did get better as more quotes from Trevor Bayne were included, made it more personable. Felt that the boxes with information about NASCAR racing were very informative. NASCAR lovers, middle school and teen boys will appreciate this book the most. I felt, at times, like I was reading a textbook; overall, a nice book
Georgiann Hennelly
This is the story of Trevor Bayne the youngest race car driver to ever win the Daytona 500.
Through out his career from his early child hood racing go - karts to his incredible win of Nascar,s biggest race, Trevor contributes all his success to God- Both off and on the track. Trevor's amazing story will inspire young and old , racing enthusiasts or not, as they read the story of the boy who was unafraid to share his faith and a man who gives all the glory to god.
Morgen Love
I won this book for free in a Goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed reading about Trevor's story and I learned about NASCAR because I honestly had no clue what it was all about before. I love the way that Godwin Kelly incorporated God into the book in a way that younger readers can understand. You dont typically see that with most authors.
Jim
great bio of trevor bayne, the daytona 500 winner. well written even for non-fans (there are a few sidebars explaining terms and who the other stars are)in addition to becoming a bayne fan i also found out about michael mcdowell and will follow his career now.
Lindy K
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. It's an inspiring memoir by up and coming NASCAR driver Trevor Bayne whose faith is the driving force of his life. Recommended for intermediate grades and middle school.
Jim
Thanks to Goodreads for a free copy of Driven By Faith: The Trevor Bayne Story,I learn about auto racing and of a young man strong faith in God no matter what problems he faces behind the wheel or in life.
Pam Frederick
I won this book from the Goodreads giveaway program. It was written for young adults and if you are a NASCAR fan, this is the book for you. Lots of great photos and car racing info. Just not for me.
Tabitha Tucker
What a great read for young adults to adult readers. Enjoyed the story.
Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Stephanie
This book was so uninteresting and boring to me that I couldn't keep reading it.

I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway
Jalynn Patterson
Great man of faith. A really good book for a student needing a book report on a hero. Really good and really short.AWESOME!
Tina Roper
very inspiring! My 14yr old son will be reading this next! I won this in the goodreads giveaway and I'm very thankful!
Manda
This is a great book for middle school students.
Leah
Jun 06, 2012 Leah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this on first-reads
Rita
A nice short wholesome read.
Dana
A very good book about a wonderful young NASCAR driver! Enjoyed it very much!
Dawn Maddy
Dawn Maddy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Reik
Reik marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Fireball: Legends Don't Fall From the Sky Ray Fox...Sly in the Stock Car Forest Man-made Thunder Fireball: Legends Don't Fall from the Sky Driven by Faith: The Trevor Bayne Story (ZonderKidz Biography)