Start by marking “Brink of Chaos” as Want to Read:
Brink of Chaos

Brink of Chaos (The End Series #3)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  424 ratings  ·  44 reviews
In the Brink of Chaos, the third book of The End series, corruption in high government offices threatens to block the election of a worthy presidential candidate by all means necessary---including the unthinkable---while Joshua Jordan and his family fight seemingly impossible odds to clear his name and protect the autonomy of the nation of Israel.
Published September 25th 2012 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Brink of Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brink of Chaos

Kathleen (Kat) Smith
I can really get into a book when you can look at the world around you and see complete parallels with what is happening between them both. Once again authors, Tim LaHaye and Craig Parshall, reunite the readers with Joshua Jordan, former pilot and now taking up asylum that had been provided to him by Israel while his wife and attorney, Abigail can prove his innocence and guarantee him a fair trial. Joshua is fighting trumped-up charges brought by the Department of Justice but give the energy put ...more
Michele
Book 3 of The End series which revolves around events leading up to the second coming of Christ. I like the characters but did have some trouble completely holding my interest throughout the whole time. Authors are weaving a number of story-lines throughout the book. I liked the first 2 better but still enjoyed this one.
Victor Gentile
Tim LaHaye & Craig Parshall in their new book, “Brink of Chaos” Book Three in The End series published by Zondervan brings us back into the life of Joshua Jordan.

From the back cover: In the third book of The End series, Joshua Jordan remains in Israel during his self-imposed ‘exile’ out of the reach of U.S. authorities who have trumped-up false criminal treason charges against him. His wife, Abigail, continues to lead the Roundtable to prove the innocence of her husband. Following the nuclea
Sid Frost
The Brink of Chaos is set sometime in the future. In this time, United States citizens are required to have ID chips inserted into their bodies for tracking purposes. This regulation is new enough that some people do not yet have the chip.

Joshua Jordan, a retired Colonel, was a test pilot who flew combat missions in Iraq as well as U-2 spy planes over Iran. He has a degree from MIT and, as a civilian contractor, he developed the Return to Sender missile defense system. When the story opens he is
Richard
Book three of The End series continues the political thriller/international adventure stories of Joshua Jordan and his family.

Joshua has been in Israel for a self-imposed exile. He's a wanted man in The United States. His wife, Abigail, leads the secret militia-type group in his absence as well as seeking to prove his innocence in the courts.

The world is moving towards one-world government and one-world religion as many nations sign on to a U.N. plan for peace. Meanwhile, there is a presidential
Lisa Johnson
Title: Brink of Chaos (Book 3 of The End Series)
Author: Tim LaHaye & Craig Parshall
Pages: 368
Year: 2012
Publisher: Zondervan
Brink of Chaos is a well-written novel filled with action as well as suspense. There are characters who are protagonists, but not all are believers in Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Antagonists are present as well, but are not necessarily opposed to the Messiah coming again. In the story, as in real life, some of the characters represent seekers, others represent doubter
Pat Thorn
Riveting!

I couldn't put it down! Action, truth, heart, hope! It's all here! Great read! I can't wait to download book 4!
Marie
Was looking forward to how they fictionally dealt with the "rapture" idea and was not disappointed. One aspect of the "signs of the times" that I was hoping they might fictionally address is the return of the 10 tribes from the north. That wasn't there. Oh well, another time, another book.
Adrienna
this book took me longer to read and checked out three times on kindle just to complete. it was okay read and only some parts were gripping and held my interest. this seems to be the only one in the series that didn't care for as much. I see there's a newer book that was released this year when I thought this was it. ending was similar to left behind series: rapture, now Ethan needs to repent and find other compatriots in the end times. honestly this world is seeing more evil than good...so wher ...more
Suzan Pinciotti
Try to read this and try to see how today's events are lining up ...
Jay
This book was interesting to read. I would've given it a 5...but there wasn't enough action as the last one. The end was pretty epic...I won't ruin it for you. I am happy to say that there very well could be more to come in this series, and they could very well have a ton of action in them. This book was fun and scary to read because it's happening right now! It's like the authors are taking stuff right out of the headlines of today's news. Overall...it was a great book though and I'm ready for ...more
Andy
Disappointing ending (if it is the ending) to the Joshua Jordan trilogy as I found myself constantly wanting to get into this novel, but could not. The book had its moments, but overall I found a mash of thinly developed characters in a lot of different loose threads that just was not satisfying. I think trying to cram too many plot points and too many characters into too small a novel is usually a recipe for disaster, and this pretty much falls into that category. Read at your own risk.
Stanley Harder
I've enjoyed the Rosenberg books and thought I'd give Lahaye's new series a chance. I have to say that, while the plot is interesting and has plenty to keep ones interest, the spiritual elements feel preachy and predictable, not natural. I would't be inclined to give this book or this series to an unsaved friend unless they were imminently going to make a decision for Christ. I think I'll try some other authors or just stick with Joel Rosenberg's amazing books as they come out.
R.Frederick Riddle
This whole series has been a strong 5 star performance.

This final book is another seat of the pants type novel. While I am doubtful that people on this side of the Rapture who refuse Christ will be able on the other side of the Rapture to receive Christ, it is still a powerfully emotional book that should make any reader pause and think.

Well written, page turning, and intense, this novel is worthy of all praise. I would recommend it to anyone!
Anne
This was a very enjoyable listen. I am always fascinated by good end times stories and this the third book of The End series does not disappoint. Set in the near future, the authors did a nice job showing parallels of their story to what is happening worldwide. They also managed to successfully weave a number of story-lines throughout the book, although it was not as action packed as the previous two. Looking forward to reading whatever comes next.
Laurie
I was looking forward to hitting this sequel in "The End Series!" It was fast paced and intense, in just a couple of places, the political morass dragged it down a bit. I loved the momentum to where the rapture took place, and the spin wizards were trying to explain it away. I was only sorry that it ended where it did. There must be another book to follow, I'll just be hanging off this literary cliff until then.
Wanda
If you like end time fiction, this is a good series. Sets the stage for the rapture in the "Left Behind" series even though it was written after "Left Behind."
Steve Lundh
This was an easy read with a decent plot but the characters were not fleshed out as much as I would like and the ending was weak, not up to LaHaye's standard.
Kelly Brown
It was overall a good book that definitely advanced the story. The first two thirds of the book were rather slow, and once again technical, but the last third was great. The fourth and final book in this series has not been out long. It is going to be interesting to see how it goes since the Jordan family has been raptured.
Jerry
Dec 03, 2012 Jerry rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who have read and loved the previous novels
This third The End novel is lighter on action and suspense than the first two, but still has a bit of excitement(view spoiler). The only question I have is: When will we get another book in the series? Don't leave us hanging, Tim LaHaye and Craig Parshall!
Jocelyn
Still not disappointed by the third book of that series wrote by Tim Lahaye. Can't wait to read the fourth book intitled "Mark of Evil".
Donita Corman
This was an exciting and somewhat scary read. I can see where it may not be the end of the series.It gives you plenty to think about as real world events continue to unfold.Hope to see at least one or two more books to finish the series.If you are interested in end times this series is a good read for that.
Jackie
This have some much action it that I couldn't put it down. The story kept building and building that you just wanted to know what would happen next. The ending was unexpected, even though if you are fans of these kind of bed you know how it will end. Of the three books this one was the best.
Roger Sigmon
The story is great until it nears the end, then suddenly the authors are making a mad dash to conclude the story and give a quick wrap up. It seems almost as if they missed the publisher's deadline and had to quickly create an ending. A VERY disappointing conclusion to an otherwise great series.
William McCullough
"Left Behind" from a current geopolitical perspective

Excellent, exciting, and fast moving conclusion to The End Series. Well written with great characters, and a realistic, Biblically accurate scenario. I highly recommend this book and The End Series.
Deon Mangan
Outstanding novel blending current geopolitical topics with Christian characters struggling with persecution. Story lines match things happening in the news today. Read first 2 before this one: Thunder of Heaven and Edge of Darkness.
Barry Peffer
Wow- this book was good! Continued the saga of the world events through the Joshua Jordan family and the patriots. Not as high drama as the last, but well done. Loved the ending. Can't wait to read the last one when it comes out!
Another "Left Behind" type prequel. I found the part about making a counterfeit BITtag (laser ID in the skin) rather interesting, but it was very similar to the other "Left Behind" books.
Sheldon Lehman
A good finish (?) There's some speculation that there might be more, but I don't really see how. Anyway, typical Lahaye stuff and Parshall is a great co-writer.
  • The Breakthrough (Precinct 11, #3)
  • Serpent of Moses
  • Rapture's Rain
  • Thunder in the Morning Calm (Pacific Rim #1)
  • Rare Earth
  • Damascus Countdown (The Twelfth Imam, #3)
  • Impeachable Offense (Left Behind Political #2)
  • The Thirteenth Demon, Altar of the Spiral Eye
  • The Chase (Crime Scene: Houston, #1)
  • The Sound of Red Returning (Red Returning Trilogy #1)
  • The 13th Tribe
  • House of Mercy
  • Nothing to Hide (A Roland March Mystery, #3)
  • The Face of Heaven (Snapshots in History #2)
  • Vigilante (Dangerous Times, #3)
  • Deposit Slip, The
  • The Soul Saver
  • Chasing the Wind
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye is an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

The End Series (4 books)
  • Edge of Apocalypse (The End Series #1)
  • Thunder of Heaven (The End Series, #2)
  • Mark of Evil (The End Series, #4)
Left Behind (Left Behind, #1) Tribulation Force (Left Behind, #2) Nicolae (Left Behind, #3) Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind, #4) Apollyon (Left Behind, #5)

“not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” 0 likes
“We believe Prime Minister Sol Bensky already knows we want to talk.” 0 likes