Start by marking “Moon Guatemala” as Want to Read:
Moon Guatemala

Moon Guatemala

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Part-time Guatemala resident Alvaro Argueta provides travelers with an insider's view of Guatemala's rich ecological gems, including idyllic surfspots and popular volcanoes. Argueta is the perfect tour guide — providing trip ideas like Highland Adventure and Exploring the Maya Past and Present. Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, Moon Gua ...more
Published September 21st 2007 by Avalon Travel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Moon Guatemala, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Guatemala

Elizabeth
07.22.08 - A really, really excellent guidebook. All the recommended hotels and restaurants were exactly as described. The book was also informative and well-written, with some excellent descriptions of local culture and history. I highly recommend it if anyone is planning a future trip to Guatemala.

06.08.08 - So far, this book seems really helpful. Will update when I get back.

04.29.08 - I'm starting to get excited about the Guatemala trip Dave and I have planned!
Patrick
The best part about this book as with most Moon Handbooks is that when they give a restaurant or hotel/hostel a "moon" you can count on it being awesome. Stayed at several locations and tried several restaurants in this book and loved every one. As another reviewer commented, phone numbers seemed to be off in some cases. I paired this with Rough Guides and word of mouth from other travelers.
Cherie
Eh. I thought I was requesting the Georges Perec book when I got this from the library. Some interesting short essays about life, grouped together by topic, some good, some not.
Amy Z.
All the phone numbers in this book are wrong, not current, or disconnected. I don´t know why this is, but I know that I can´t call any hotels mentioned in the book.
Paddy
A decent guidebook but lacking certain key information, most notably prices. I would take a Rough Guide or LP over this.
Iris
Iris marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Debera Harrington
Debera Harrington marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Aileen
Aileen is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2012
David
David added it
May 19, 2011
Scott
Scott is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2009
Moon Spotlight Guatemala's Western Highlands: Including Chichicastenango & Lake Atitlán Moon Living Abroad in Guatemala Moon Spotlight Guatemala City and Antigua Moon Spotlight Guatemala City & Antigua Greetings from Texas: Legends, Landmarks & Lore of the Lone Star State