Start by marking “Moon Guatemala (Moon Handbooks)” as Want to Read:
Moon Guatemala (Moon Handbooks)

Moon Guatemala (Moon Handbooks)

Part-time Guatemala resident Alvaro Argueta provides travelers with an insider's view of Guatemala's rich ecological gems, including idyllic surfspots and popular volcanoes. Argueta is the perfect tour guide — providing trip ideas like Highland Adventure and Exploring the Maya Past and Present. Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, Moon Gua
Published September 21st 2007 by Moon Travel

To ask other readers questions about Moon Guatemala, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Guatemala

Elizabeth
07.22.08 - A really, really excellent guidebook. All the recommended hotels and restaurants were exactly as described. The book was also informative and well-written, with some excellent descriptions of local culture and history. I highly recommend it if anyone is planning a future trip to Guatemala.

06.08.08 - So far, this book seems really helpful. Will update when I get back.

04.29.08 - I'm starting to get excited about the Guatemala trip Dave and I have planned!
Nikki
Mar 31, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I clicked with the author and found this guide to be a good fit for me. Lots of info on outdoor pursuits, village immersion, and the like. Enough high end stuff for people who want that, but not so much it cluttered the book and crowded out the things I was looking for, like good-value deals, social enterprises, and ethical, safe, low impact travel.
Ashley Boggs
Dec 13, 2015 Ashley Boggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll update the rating after my trip but this has been much more helpful during trip planning than the Lonely Planet that's out there. I lucked out since a new update of this was just published a few months ago. lots of pictures to show why you would want to go somewhere, and what sounds like solid advice. we will see when we get there!
Patrick
May 06, 2012 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best part about this book as with most Moon Handbooks is that when they give a restaurant or hotel/hostel a "moon" you can count on it being awesome. Stayed at several locations and tried several restaurants in this book and loved every one. As another reviewer commented, phone numbers seemed to be off in some cases. I paired this with Rough Guides and word of mouth from other travelers.
Dina
Feb 18, 2016 Dina rated it really liked it
Absolutely accurate. Was very helpful when deciding where to stay and where to eat. Great traveling advice. The sidebars added interesting commentary to the travelogue.
Cherie
Jan 23, 2010 Cherie rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, travel
Eh. I thought I was requesting the Georges Perec book when I got this from the library. Some interesting short essays about life, grouped together by topic, some good, some not.
Amy Z.
Mar 25, 2008 Amy Z. rated it did not like it
All the phone numbers in this book are wrong, not current, or disconnected. I dont know why this is, but I know that I cant call any hotels mentioned in the book. ...more
Paddy
Jan 27, 2009 Paddy rated it liked it
Shelves: travel
A decent guidebook but lacking certain key information, most notably prices. I would take a Rough Guide or LP over this.
Josh Shepherd
Josh Shepherd rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Mike Hammari
Mike Hammari rated it liked it
May 05, 2017
Will Moss
Will Moss rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Patrick Nolan
Patrick Nolan rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2017
David
David rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Mark Heasley
Mark Heasley rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Robert Repp
Robert Repp rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Mariah M
Mariah M rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Mary Ladouceur
Mary Ladouceur rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Elia
Elia rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2017
Pia Ackerman
Pia Ackerman rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Ricky Varghese
Ricky Varghese rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2010
Teresa Bitlrr
Teresa Bitlrr rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Sara Mayes
Sara Mayes rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2013
Marco Fernandez
Marco Fernandez rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Le David
Le David rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Ken Emery
Ken Emery rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014