Start by marking “His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)” as Want to Read:
His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)

His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany #7)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,230 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
From emerald jungles to the high seas to the glittering ballrooms of Regency London, beloved author Gaelen Foley tells a sweeping, sensual tale of the ruggedly handsome Lord Jack Knight and the passionate beauty who lays claim to his heart.
An English rose blooming in the untamed jungles of South America, Eden Farraday lives a life of independence-unheard of for a lady-wit
Mass Market Paperback, 434 pages
Published April 25th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about His Wicked Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Wicked Kiss

Shawna
Aug 06, 2014 Shawna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of historical/regency romance, dark, bad boy heroes, & quirky, bluestocking heroines
5 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Here’s my order of favorites in the series:

Books:
1st. The Duke & Lady of Desire (tie)
2nd. Lord of Ice
3rd. One Night of Sin
4th. Lord of Fire
5th. His Wicked Kiss
6th. Devil Takes a Bride

Heroes:
1st. William Albright, Earl of Rackford; aka “Billy Blade”
2nd. Robert “Hawk” Knight, Duke of Hawkscliffe
3rd. Lord Alec Knight
4th. Lord Damien Knight & Lord Lucien Knight (tie)
5th. Lord Jack “Black Jack” Knight
6th. Devlin “Devil” Kimbell, Lord Strathmore

Heroines:
1st
Dee
Jun 25, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it
I can't believe that I have come to the end of the series *gasp*....I have loved each and every one of these books and will miss the Knight siblings and partners.

Am now interested in reading the Spice Trilogy as they tell the stories of the Knight cousins who are Captain Arthur's children.

Full review to follow
Julianna
Apr 01, 2011 Julianna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance w/High Seas or Exotic Settings
Reviewed for THC Reviews
His Wicked Kiss was a generally enjoyable book that was a pretty good wrap-up to the Knight Miscellany series. It begins in the jungles of Venezuela which was a rather unique setting for a romance novel, then continued with some high-seas adventure and a quick trip to Ireland, before settling into the usual glitz and glitter of the Regency ton. There are a lot of Gaelen Foley's trademarks present here. She always seems to have a knack for drawing me into the story and mak
Ruth
I really like the premise for this one - the lonely, spirited heroine, shoved off to some jungle with her selfish father absorbed in his work. She is desperate to get out and having spent most of her spare time dreaming about an idealized vision of London Society, just can't wait to get there. Her "saviour" is extremely jealous, likes using his fists to sort things out, has a boatload of personal issues, including a deep dislike of Society, as well as a need for a wife, and is used to being the ...more
Carolina
Sep 11, 2015 Carolina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gaelen Foley siempre consigue escribir historias de amor épicas ...more
J. Monroe
Oct 11, 2009 J. Monroe rated it really liked it
This should be a 4 1/2 star review as I was a tad, a smidge disappointed with the somewhat rushed ending but I cannot thank my good friend ATron enough for turning me on to this author (and sending me her well loved books!! ;D) It was another excellent read.

I am a little saddened that this journey of the Knight Miscellany is over. I was captivated by the entire family and agree with some that Lucien Knight (Lord of Fire) was the best one written. He's my favorite brother, hero and overall book.

H
Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder
5+++++++++ Historical/Regency Romance

A gauge of how much I like a book (romance) is whether or not I will reread it. My modus operandi is return to a book again and again if I really, really love it. I really, really love this book. It is a great finale to the series. Here are some of the reasons why this book will make its way into my "love enough to reread" pile:

1) This regency romance got off to a great and compelling start by opening with the heroine, Eden Farrady in a jungle setting in Sout
Natalie
No one had ever loved him before, not like this, and he simply dreaded doing or saying one wrong thing that would take her love away from him. It was more precious to him than gold, but it felt as fragile as a flower.

I LOVED Eden and Jack so much. As characters, and as a couple. Eden was always going to be a very different, interesting heroine because of her upbringing in the jungles of South America. She does dream of England and London Society and balls and gowns and all, but she can'
Shauni
Apr 08, 2013 Shauni rated it really liked it
Forget all the rest, I am seriously having a Jack attack!! In Book 7 of the Knight Miscellany I fell in love all over again. We are taken out of the drawing room and into the Amazon. No longer is it just regular battles and backstabbing nope, we get to see the world. Ms Foley takes us on an adventure sharing bits of our world history outside of England at that time and reminding us that there were always those who walked their own paths.

Eden Farraday is desperate to get out of the rain forest. S
Tracy
Aug 29, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. The beginning was especially fun. The way Jack met Eden was thoroughly charming. It was no wonder he was swept away.

But then things changed a little. It seemed like maybe Jack was the Knight brother who was scarred the most. And I had a hard time with how he expressed himself sometimes. (view spoiler)
Keri
Feb 25, 2012 Keri rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. Lord Jack was sinful and he knows it. So when sweet and innocent Eden asks him for a ride back to England, he knows it is in her best interest for him to say no. Eden though is determined to get back to England no matter what. So when she stows away on Jack's ship, the sparks really fly. We didn't really know much about Jack from the other books, so he is a dark horse coming into the story. It was an emotional one at times and I felt for him throughout the book. Eden was goo ...more
Koki
Nov 30, 2015 Koki rated it really liked it
Do poslednej knihy zo série o Knightovcoch namiešala Gaelen iba tie najlepšpie veci. Romantika sa tu snúbi s dobrodružstvom a s pirátmi. Čo viac si môže romantická dušička priať od historickej romance?

Dej začína pútavo v džungli, kde nebojácna a svojská Eden zostrelí hada. Eden nie je typická mladá šľachtická dievčina, ktorá chodí na plesy, na nákupy a necháva sa obletovať mladými gavaliermi. Nie veru. Eden je dcérou muža, doktora, ktorý po smrti manželky opustil Londýn a zamenil jeho lesk za v
Shae
Jun 15, 2008 Shae rated it really liked it
This was a lot different than the other books in the series because the characters came from such a different part of the world. After they moved to London I wanted to shake Eden to life and not have her be so terrible to Jack.
Aideeeee
Feb 28, 2015 Aideeeee rated it liked it
Este no fue tan cool, pero lo perdono porque el hermano Maddox Jack ha sido el hermano que más se ha arrastrado por su mujer y pues ya.
MountainKat
Oct 22, 2011 MountainKat rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I really enjoyed this last installment of the Knight family, only to be pleasantly surprised that we aren't quite done! Yea for cousins! I love reading series books, it is like getting to catch up with old friends and read at the same time!

I liked Eden and Jack, they were a sweet couple. There love story was very nicely written. I thought that their feelings were very real, but I wish they would have communicated with each other a little better. That lack was frustrating - their feelings and act
Sherri
Oct 13, 2008 Sherri rated it liked it
This book started with a bang. The hero and heroine were enigmatic and intriguing and seemed to be on course to having a great story. Unfortunately everything seemed to fizzle out a little in the middle. The mental/emotional drama seemed forced and did not seem to have sufficent background for either character. Overall the story was sweet and did provide a quasi-ending for the Knight heroes, but it was not my favorite of the series. I do have the Spice Trilogy still to read, which is supposed to ...more
Cristina
Jan 24, 2016 Cristina rated it really liked it
Wish the Dpilogue would've been better. Overall, great read.
Shani
Sep 04, 2011 Shani rated it it was amazing
What a great read to end this fantastic series! Lucien Knight is still my favorite!!! However, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the development of each sibling throughout the series! I was thrilled to see each personality explored, enabling me to understand the why and how of the character. I loved that how despite the sins of the parents, the Knight siblings remained loyal to each other and their spouses. I adore Ms. Foley's attention to detail and her ability to transport me into each sett ...more
Beverly
Jan 09, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, historical
If you are like me, then never EVER "skim" (read) the last chapters of a book before you should, because it will ruin the book for you. That's what I did with this book and it's why it took me so long to officially finish it. I had read about halfway, but I wanted to see how the book would end for some reason so I read the last chapters and after that I just couldn't muster up the will to read through the middle part knowing the ending. It also made it in anticlimactic since I already knew what ...more
Kelly
Dec 15, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading Regency Romance for a few months because I had a near fatal overdose. Too many soft gasps of delight, too many sexual thoughts about the skin beneath a lady's glove, and far too many gentlemen who were darn-right dirty beneath their waiscoats and breeches. I needed a break.

"His Wicked Kiss" was therefore one of my first forays back into the glittering ballroom of the regnecy world. And my golly, what a good start!

I found the setting the most enjoyable element of the novel, the
Elizabeth Bennet
Mar 24, 2015 Elizabeth Bennet rated it it was amazing
Eden Faraday lives on a secluded island with her father Victor. She longs to get off the island and see more than what she has already experienced. She is exotic and innocent a perfect combo for our pirate Jack Knight.

Jack really is estranged from his family he doesn't feel he fits in normal society. His mother Georgianna Knight had an affair with a prized fighter and so normal society didn't welcome him in their circles. It's ok, he's done well for himself with a successful shipping business an
Azzyana
Oct 17, 2014 Azzyana rated it it was ok
Quite frankly I'm just upset by this book. I've read most of the other Knights Miscellany books, but never have I been more disappointed by the Authoress and her protagonists.

Lord Jack "The Mopey" Knight annoyed me to no means end. It's is one thing to miss sex but for Christ's sake, (view spoiler)
Colette
Jun 08, 2009 Colette rated it liked it
The beginning of the book was fabulous. The middle of the book was much too long and almost did me in. The ending made up for the middle and did a lot for redeeming this book for me. I didn't realize until I finished the book that this was the last book in a series, so it made sense as to why there were so many characters from other books featured and other story lines going on at the same time.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The seventh and last of the Knight Miscellany series by Gaelen Foley. This story is about Lord Jack Knight. He's on a secret mission when Eden Farraday stows away on board his ship. I liked it but not my favorite at all. Starts out in South America.
Irma
Sep 23, 2014 Irma rated it it was amazing
Everytime I read a book from Gaelen I ask myself could this author get any better?
And the answer is: YES! I don't know how she does it but I'm sure glad she does.
I enjoyed this book so much! I loved the whole series in fact.
I tried to read it slowly. I wanted it to last :) But that just won't work with any Gaelen's book. The pages almost turn by themselves, that's how captivating the read is.
I bought every book from this series that's how amazing they are. They deserve a place on my book shelf a
Amber
Sep 17, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
Sexy pirates are sexy.
Oleta Blaylock
Aug 30, 2013 Oleta Blaylock rated it really liked it
Heavens above this is one of the original dysfunctional families. I am surprised any of the children grew up to be even half way decent. Lord John "Jack" Knight would have to be the worst of the bunch. He has a huge chip on his shoulder about his family and the ton. They, of course, didn't really treat him very well being the first of the infamous Hawkscliffe Harlots bastard children. For all of Jack's gruffness he is still a loving and compassionate man. He does however jump to conclusions way ...more
Jessi
Apr 18, 2010 Jessi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The Knight series is pretty predictably an enjoyable read. Maybe not my favorite books but always worth the time. In this book, second son Jack meets his match. He fled the English society that treated him different for being a bastard child. When he went to confront his biological father, that man also rejected him. While mourning the fact that no one seems to love him, Jack was shang-haied which he says in the book is probably the best thing that ever happened to him. It allowed him to move up ...more
Joy
Sep 16, 2009 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the most exciting book of the Knights Miscellany. The location doesn't drag, it starts with a Venezuelan jungle, a voyage at sea, a stop in Ireland, and finally London, where the mysterious Jack turned his back from several years past. I only gave it a 4 because I didn't like Eden as much as I liked the other Knight wives.

The story was filled with adventure, the details of their bastardy more elaborate, and at last we get to meet Jack. Although labeled as the "black sheep", the things he
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (London's Greatest Lovers, #2)
  • A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)
  • The Devil You Know (Rutledge Family #3)
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
  • One Perfect Rose (Fallen Angels #7)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • A Dangerous Love
  • Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Saga, #4)
  • My Wicked Pirate
Gaelen Foley is the New York Times, USA Today, and Publisher's Weekly bestselling author of twenty historical romances set in the glittering world of Regency England. Her books are available in sixteen languages and have won numerous genre awards, such as the Bookseller's Best, the NJRW Golden Leaf (three times), the CRW Award of Excellence, the National Reader's Choice Award, the Beacon, and the ...more
More about Gaelen Foley...

Knight Miscellany (7 books)
  • The Duke (Knight Miscellany, #1)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Lady of Desire (Knight Miscellany, #4)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)