Start by marking “Noah” as Want to Read:
Noah

Noah

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
There were giants in the earth in those days..." It was a virgin earth gone wrong: a world touched by strange creatures, angelic beings, and the wickedness of men. Only one man warned of the cataclysm to come. Noah as you never knew him! This may be the most unusual novel you will ever read! Hailed by critics for its daring theories of the pre-Flood world and the preacher ...more
Published February 20th 2001 by Port Hole Publications (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Noah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noah

Divergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsTalented by Sophie  DavisTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMatched by Ally Condie
Single Word Titles
396th out of 679 books — 62 voters
The Red Tent by Anita DiamantPearl in the Sand by Tessa AfsharHarvest of Rubies by Tessa AfsharThe Centurion's Wife by Davis BunnSarai by Jill Eileen Smith
Biblical Fiction
77th out of 153 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Lorrie
Nov 04, 2010 Lorrie rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I’ve read it twice and know that I will pick it up again one day. Traylor boldly creates a fantastic work of historical Christian fiction that in my estimation is completely plausible. Her point of view is one rarely discussed, so for me, it was quite refreshing to see it so matter-of-factly explored. This book can be very challenging (I know, I loaned it to a friend) to one’s traditional religious ideals. In my experience, the topic is never preached from the pulpit. Did angel ...more
Michael Van in
More fictional than factual, this book nevertheless attempts a credible account of some of the behind-the-scenes events and processes that the biblical figure was involved in. A large portion of the book describes the giants, "heroes of old, men of renown" as the Bible refers to them; the progeny of fallen angels and the daughters of men. These are pagan supermen who use a technology more advanced than today and they, along with their technology, vanish utterly with the global flood. These super ...more
Dave
Apr 20, 2009 Dave rated it it was amazing
THis book actually dates further back than the copy listed here. I read this back in 1990. Probably was my first book by this author. An interesting imagining of the pre-flood world.
Sherry Ledet
Feb 08, 2014 Sherry Ledet rated it really liked it
Noah, by Ellen Gunderson Traylor is a wonderful author of bible fiction and did not disappoint with Noah. Is of course fiction because she begins with a young Noah full of pride because he is from the line of Seth instead of Cain and God teaching him that faith not your family history is salvation. This book was thought provoking from it's first pages and I recommend it to any lover of bible history.
Julie
Apr 28, 2014 Julie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hello, my name is Julie, and I was wondering. Is there any chance that this book could be made available in an audio format? I am visually impaired, and so it is difficult for me to read small print. It is, however, much easier for me to access books in an audio format.
Joan Troyer
May 09, 2015 Joan Troyer rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. You want to know how Ham, Shem and Cush found their wives in a time when men were doing only evil all the time? A very interesting, thought provoking read. Enjoy.
Dad
Mar 01, 2011 Dad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was a fascinating book. The author did a fantastic job of presenting my most favorite Old Testament story. One of my most cherished childhood toys was my Noah's Ark with the accompanying animals.
She presented some new twists on this time period. Who would have imagined that man at that time had reached a high degree of technology and even have crafts that flew. When you think about it, it was 2,000 years back to Adam. It could have been possible.
Most renditions of Noah have him in skins a
Bonnie
Jun 07, 2015 Bonnie rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-books
I think only about 1/2 the story was true. Being a bible reader, parts of the book I couldn't agree with or even imagine.
Rieta
Apr 27, 2014 Rieta rated it really liked it
Really well done.
Sandi Layne
Dec 29, 2012 Sandi Layne rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating book.

Traylor is brilliant with Biblical fiction and in this book, Noah, she takes that a step further. In a good way.

Always mindful of the Biblical boundaries, she still gives us a pre-Flood world that contains the origins of myths and legends that have colored global stories for the duration of Mankind's history.

With heartbreaking sorrow, with surprising joy, with humor and love and a devotion to God, Noah is an enriching, edifying read.

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This book takes a different approach and look of the life of the prophet Noah. I have never considered what life was like before the flood, other than there was wickedness on the Earth. She has several theories that do not follow my own way of thinking. Her theories are interesting, but they leave me with a feeling of let down in this book. If you want to read this book as being almost completely fictional, then it is an interesting read.
Noah Coad
Nov 21, 2010 Noah Coad rated it really liked it
Shelves: entertainment
An imaginative adventure of what the world was like in the days of Noah. Including demi-gods, nepherim, talking animals, seduction, and more. The author creates a living fiction based off of verses across the Bible relating to the days of Noah. One of the more entertaining and books I've read and so far everyone I've recommended it to has found it fascinating.
faithful
Aug 19, 2008 faithful rated it it was amazing
Very fun perspective of what it may have been like for Noah.
Eleisha Luck
Aug 21, 2007 Eleisha Luck rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
awesome book. I loved it
Lea Kunz
Lea Kunz rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Patrick Mulcahy
Patrick Mulcahy marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Suzy Bohling
Suzy Bohling marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Spootsy
Spootsy marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Aaron Clark
Aaron Clark rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Mary Semmens
Mary Semmens rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Ron
Ron rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
David Sonnenberg
David Sonnenberg rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Forgotten Daughter
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You
  • Tree in the Trail
  • Leif the Lucky
  • Biblioholism: The Literary Addiction
  • The Children's Homer: The Adventures of Odysseus and the Tale of Troy
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • Fly Homer Fly
  • The Sea Chest
  • Over in the Meadow
  • The Flowers' Festival
  • The Satan Seller
  • The Future Mrs. Darcy (Given Good Principles, #2)
  • Buzz Said the Bee
  • The Messiah: A Novel
  • To Be a Princess: The Fascinating Lives of Real Princesses
  • Robin Hood
  • Around the Year
Ellen Gunderson Traylor, "America's Foremost Biblical Novelist," is a gifted storyteller who brings characters of the Bible to life. Her many bestselling novels have sold about a million copies in English, with numerous foreign translations.

In addition to writing bestselling novels, Traylor has been a magazine/newspaper columnist and correspondent. An award-winning feature writer, Traylor has wri
More about Ellen Gunderson Traylor...