Start by marking “The Uncollected Wodehouse” as Want to Read:
The Uncollected Wodehouse

The Uncollected Wodehouse

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  10 reviews
For all fans of the incomparable and outrageously funny portrayer of English upper-class life, here is a necessary addition to the Wodehouse shelf. Taken mostly from old newspapers and magazines, these previously uncollected articles and short stories were written early in Wodehouse's literary career. Included are the only mystery story Wodehouse ever wrote, the first of h...more
Published November 28th 1999 by International Polygonics (first published November 9th 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Uncollected Wodehouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Uncollected Wodehouse

Rachel Duncan
Genius, but that's a given- it's P.G. Wodehouse. If you're a really devoted Wodehouse fan, the chances are that you've read some of the stories in this book- they're included in Kindle collections. However, there is still several delightful articles that I'd never seen before. All in all, a delightful collection.
Elisha Condie
Found this at the San Francisco book sale place near Fort Mason. It's like book heaven - tons of books, in new condition, for super cheap. Aaaah.
Just a little collection of Wodehouse articles that appeared in both American and British papers and magazines, before he really settled down and wrote books. I really liked them. Wodehouse's heroines found in his short story romantic comedies are the best anywhere. I want to be one of them! And I loved reading the story featuring pre-Bertie Wooster...more
Cora
This got better as it went along (which, given that it was in chronological order, is a good thing!). My favorites were the stories that were the early versions of the familiar and well-loved Wodehouse fare: the romantic comedy with the daffy young man and the strong young woman, and the occasional addition of a voice of reason (as in a Jeeves-like character) or a scary aunt.
Qnpoohbear
A collection of unremarkable early stories by the witty P.G. Wodehouse.
Captain Whitney
May 27, 2008 Captain Whitney rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Wodehouse fans!!! And those who have never met Wodehouse.
Possibly the best collection of Wodehouse short stories I've ever read. "The Man Upstairs" still makes me smile just thinking about it ☺ Wodehouse is genious. There's no way around it.

"There are two types of people: Those who love Wodehouse, and those who have never heard of him. There is a third class, those who do not like him (it is possible!) but I put them in a lower class of (sub)human intellegance."
Somdutta
Among few of his early works, this books contains a Wodehouse mystery story - Death at the Excelsior, The Test Case - a story of Reggie the precursor to Bertie Wooster and The Good Angel - a story which has in it Keggs, a first of the long line of butlers in a Wodehouse story.This is quite a varied collection of Wodehouse stories which will be a delight to every Wodehouse reader.
Jun 09, 2012 Laura rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Shelves: lccs-challenge
Some of the earlier bits were a little stiff for my ears, but they were written about 100 years ago (literally) so are allowed the formality of their time. I thought his article on mysteries, which was used to introduce his own mystery story in this book, was the best of the bunch - absolutely fantastic.
Rickeclectic
Dec 09, 2008 Rickeclectic rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Wodehouse fans filling in the gaps
Shelves: wodehouse
Comic essays and short stories, mostly loose ends, one about golf. Mostly for folks filling out their Wodehouse collection
Gretchen Ingram
Well of course I loved it- it's Wodehouse!
Kevin Connery
Average-to-weak Wodehouse
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Ceilck
Ceilck marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Rusty Ginger
Rusty Ginger marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Torgny
Torgny added it
Jul 03, 2014
Krista
Krista added it
May 26, 2014
Cathy Webb
Cathy Webb marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Vasudha
Vasudha marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Joice
Joice marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Anne
Anne is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, KBE, was a comic writer who enjoyed enormous popular success during a career of more than seventy years and continues to be widely read over 30 years after his death. Despite the political and social upheavals that occurred during his life, much of which was spent in France and the United States, Wodehouse's main canvas remained that of prewar English upper-class so...more
More about P.G. Wodehouse...
My Man Jeeves (Jeeves, #1) Carry on, Jeeves (Jeeves, #3) The Code of the Woosters (Jeeves, #7) Right Ho, Jeeves (Jeeves, #6) The Inimitable Jeeves (Jeeves, #2)