Start by marking “Just Desserts (Holland Springs, #4)” as Want to Read:
Just Desserts (Holland Springs, #4)

Just Desserts (Holland Springs #4)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  433 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
What an earl wants isn’t always what he gets…

British Billionaire and modern day earl of Spenserfield, Sebastian Romanov only wants one thing in life: To reclaim his position as president of Romanov Industries. But first he has to clean up his reputation to convince the Board that he’s a dependable bloke who’s willing to put the company above everything, including his pers
ebook
Published August 2013 (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Just Desserts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Desserts

Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

All right, it's time for flailing Kermit arms. That's right I got a chance to read Marquita Valentine's latest release Just Dessert. It's the next installment to the Holland Spring Series. YAY! Seriously, I LOVE this series. Honestly, I have been waiting for Sebastian's story forever. I can honestly say I have been intrigued by Sebastian Romanov since we got a glimpse of him in Twice Tempted. Now we get his story.

However, he's not an easy guy to love. Actually, he's st
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Just Desserts is book four in the Holland Springs series, a Contemporary Romance written by Marquita Valentine. I received this eARC in exchange for an honest review through Tasty Book Tours.

4 Delicious Stars!
A Flavorful and Delightful Read!

The Rundown:
Sebastian Romanov is a hard, brooding man who's been bred since a young boy by a controlling and abusive father to take over and run his father's empire and to further extend the title of Earl of
Pat
Aug 04, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it
In this latest visit to Holland Springs, we learn more about Sebastian Romanov, the most complicated of the Romanov men, in my opinion. Christian and Bastian are twins, and we find out a little about their childhood with a tyrannical abusive father, and a mother who was just gone in more than the physical sense.

"If anyone had told Sebastian Romanov that today would be the day he fell in love he would have dismissed them completely. And if he'd had an inkling of how hard he would fall , he would
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

So I didn't know this was part of the series when I picked it up but I was able to read it as a stand alone and still get lost into the book. However, I think if I had read the others I would have had more back round about the Romanovs especially Sebastian.

With Sebastian he's a misunderstood force under the guise of being a bad guy which he truly believes he is. So when he meets Daisy he falls hard but doesn't think he deserves her. But he still can't l
Pam
Aug 21, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
The earl of Spenserfield, Sebastian Romanov has many issues to deal with. He wants to become president of his family company again after he did some bad things, he wants to get a relationship with his brother again and he wants Daisy. He has trouble doing these things because he has been told he is just like his father and believes them. he doesn't like to show his feelings and comes off as rude and overbearing. Daisy has a business called The Sweet Shoppe and has had her heart broke before. Now ...more
Honeypie
Jun 07, 2014 Honeypie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
When I read the blurb, my initial reaction was, another rich and hot foreigner off to sweep the local women of Holland Springs. How typical.

...

Okay, I'll give you that. It was pretty typical. And I don't know entirely why I enjoyed it more than the previous books in the series. Maybe because of the lead characters? How they can feel weak inside, and not show it outside.

It did borrow a few plot concepts from the earlier book, His Christmas Wish. But I don't know why I didn't loathe it. Hahaha!

I g
Shaly
It was nice for once that the man was the one who acted like a love struck moron in front of the girl. The guy was the one staring, sweating, mute and generally acting like a jackass! I truly hate it when authors write parts like that for females, making them look like blithering idiots, but this time that was all Sebastian...hilarious!

Pretty good read, kind of repetitive from the last two books though, so I'm glad that for this next book we are through with the Romanov's b/c quite frankly I'm t
Andris Bear
Aug 06, 2013 Andris Bear rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting to read Sebastian's story since he started manipulating Sasha and Rose in Third Time's a Charm. He's cold, calculating, and due for his Just Desserts.

Daisy is a sweet, small town girl just looking to pay off bills so she can get on with growing her business. When Sebastian proposes a plan to wipe her debt, it's an offer she can't refuse.

Valentine blends her usual quick wit and tale of redemption for another sexy read.
Sam Main
Nov 24, 2013 Sam Main rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must read of everyone.
Well thought out characters, plot and following on with the other characters from earlier books in the series.
The hero is sexy and amazing, although you will go from wanting to hug to throttle him many, many times (often in the same paragraph)
I feel this is the best book yet from the very talented Marquita Valentine, but be careful the book is addictive, you will not want to put it down.
Heather andrews
Oct 04, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved Daisy, she kept me entertained, “what about sex?” she blurted, her cheeks heating and her hand falling away. “I mean, you don’t expect sex. I mean, you’re not paying me for sex. I don’t have sex for money. Sex is free with me.” She couldn’t stop saying ‘sex’ and there was no one around to duct-tape her mouth shut. “But we’re not a real couple, so our sex would be fake sex.” Sebastian says the most romantic things, “I could eat you for hours,” he murmured and she flushed hot. “Make you co
Andrea
The Holland Springs series has given us the Romanov men, super sexy Brits of Russian heritage. Wealthy (obviously), ruthless, damaged. Twice Tempted was Christian Romanov's story. Just Desserts is his twin, Sebastian's book. Until now, Sebastian, estranged from Christian, has seemed cold, uncaring, all about power. And then he meets Daisy.

As with the previous Holland Springs books, Just Desserts involves a relationship of convenience. I never tire of this trope. even better when I find a relatio
Deanne
Mar 25, 2015 Deanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sebastian & Daisy's Story

Bastian never believed in love , but all thoughts of them went out the door when he met Baker/Caterer and Shop owner Daisy Barnes, meeting the lovely Daisy and eating her cupcake speciality had him falling in love with the woman of his dreams , so what does he do... he creates a "fake" identity that can show his "real self" and ask the woman of his dreams to pose as his "fiancee" But every thing goes down hill when Daisy discovers the truth, but no matter how hard h
Sally Sparrow
Feb 06, 2014 Sally Sparrow rated it liked it
What can I say? I’m disappointed.

This is the third Holland Springs novel I’ve read, the third pairing of a Romanov man and a Holland Springs, NC local, and the one I was most excited about. It is Sebastian’s story, my favorite of all the Romanov men. He is the powerful one, the ruthless one, the favored son of his Russian mobster father. The baddest boy of all the bad boys. In the previous two installments -- Twice Tempted and Third Time’s a Charm -- you see occasional glimpses of the real man
The_Book_Queen

Bastian, at last I get your story! Ever since I read Marquita Valentine's first book, Twice Tempted, I've been anxious for her to share Bastian with us. With each book, my desire to see his story only increased. And while I enjoyed finally reading Just Desserts, I do have to be honest-- I was ever-so-slightly disappointed.

Sebastian Romanov is a very prim, proper, and well, uncaring person. His childhood was messed up, to say the least, due to his bastard of a father and witch of a mother. And wh
Casey
Aug 17, 2013 Casey rated it liked it
Shelves: to-review
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Just Desserts is the third book in Marquita Valentine's Holland Springs Series. Even though I hadn't read the first two books in the series I wanted to read this one after seeing the cover and reading the blurb and I was hoping that it wasn't necessary to understand this one. I probably would have known a few of the secondary characters better if I had read them, but I found that I wasn't lost at all and had no problems getting into the story.
Samantha Martin
Aug 21, 2013 Samantha Martin rated it really liked it
Just Desserts is a deliciously sinful story that will curl your toes and leave you breathless! Sebastian Romanov wants to be President of Romanov Industries once again, but in order to do that he has to clean up his image. This billionaire playboy has a lot of convincing to do to get back into the boards good graces. When he visits his brother to reconcile he meets beautiful and sexy caterer Daisy Barnes.

Daisy owns The Sweet Spot and finally business is doing well for her. When she meets sexy a
Quiana
Aug 28, 2013 Quiana rated it really liked it
At a glance, Just Desserts, the fourth book in the Holland Springs series by Marquita Valentine, appears to be simply a story about two people who fake a romantic relationship and fall in love. Thankfully, it’s much more complicated than that.

I liked both lead characters in this often humorous, yet angst-ridden and messy love story. Daisy Barns is sweet, kind, self-sufficient, and owns her own business. She’s well-respected and loved by her town and her friends. She’s just an overall great perso
Pepper Penn
Aug 20, 2013 Pepper Penn rated it liked it
Shelves: x, arc, reviewed, hea, book-series
This book can definitely be read as a standalone, but because I am a tad of a neurotic, I really wished I would have read the other books in the series before this one. This is #4 in the series, and I really want to know more about the characters that came before it. So, for this reason, it took me a little bit longer than I anticipated to get into it.

THE BASICS:I really enjoyed this book. We have the standard "arse" of a man and a good woman to show him what love is, but there were some good tw
Luisa
Aug 31, 2013 Luisa rated it really liked it
The author gave me an advance copy for a review. In this excellent encore of the Holland series, Sebastian Romanov visits Holland Springs to "kidnap" ahem, convince Rose to travel to England and reunite with Sasha. He meets Daisy who defends her friend and makes sure she's safe with Sebastian. The one who was not safe was Sebastian, who falls head over heels with Daisy. There is an element of "get real", love at first sight doesn't exist, but this is romance and fiction, so in this world, it doe ...more
Jess
Nov 25, 2013 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"3.5 out of 5 stars, this romance is between a man who isn't used to falling in love--yet tries his hardest to brake out of his shell just for the woman he's fallen for--and a woman who's life is falling in shambles around her--yet isn't willing to have a broody knight come sweep her off her feet to take care of her...or is she?

I enjoyed this novel and thoroughly enjoyed reading about the main characters, along with their backgrounds."

Read more of this review and two teasers here: http://frommet
Annie
This just wasn't for me. I nearly gave up twice but was determined to see it through.

Good bits:
Sebastian does sound hot and he definitely can do the hot brooding thing that makes for a good alpha male. The story does twist and turn with more of Sebastian's family secrets being revealed along the way.

Bits I didn't like:
I found a lot of the dialogue quite stilted and could see all the twists and turns in the plot coming. Daisy annoyed the hell out of me and came across as being incredibly weak. I
Black Butterfly
Feb 05, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: romance, erotica
I LOVED THE CHARACTERS SABASTIAN/JULES & DAISY, THEY WERE SO BELIEVABLE, WELL WRITTEN. THIS READ LIKE A ROMANTIC COMEDY MOVIE, I COULD SEE IT IN MY HEAD AS I READ IT. I LOVED THE DIALOG BETWEEN THEM, DAISY WAS HILARIOUS SO WAS SABASTIAN EVEN THOUGH HE TRIED TO BE SERIOUS AND MEAN. THIS VERY ENJOYABLE READ WAS SUPER SEXXY AND STEAMY HOT, REALLY SMOKIN'. STORY LINE WAS WONDERFUL, MOST OF ALL (drum roll) ITS A STAND ALONE BUT STILL A SERIES, LOVE HAVING A CHOICE TO FINISH THE BOOK KNOWING IT EN ...more
Lauren
Oct 04, 2013 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really started out liking this book despite the whole instant in love thing it had going on. But then the guy just behaved so strangely, I attributed it to his poor upbringing, but it was almost to bizarre even for that. And then when he left her in an Edward Cullen like fashion I was kind of done with him. The heroine really became more likable as the book went on. Even if she as a bit of a mary sue.

Oh and with all of Marquita Valentine's book it is riddled with typos and errors. So distract
Leigh Abdou
Nov 19, 2013 Leigh Abdou rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.
The chemistry in this book was amazing...I could feel in the writing. The only thing is, I didn't know this was a series, and I was a little lost at the beginning. I was able to read past everything and really focus on the main characters, though and LOVED it.
My only problem was that the end felt a big rushed, but, the actual story itself was amazingly good.
Now, I need to read books 1-3!
Noelia
Aug 24, 2013 Noelia rated it it was amazing
I looooove it, as all Marquita Valentine's books, even though this book is part of Holland Springs series, the character of the other books barely apparear so there's no need to read in order.

I felt quite disappointed when I could't find the wizzard tour on London, where I've been living for the last two months, so if someone wants to advice me some around London, I will pleasantly do it!
Gwen
Aug 11, 2013 Gwen rated it it was amazing
I loved loved Daisy and Sebastian's story! It was such a sweet story and the kind I love, the tortured hero saved by the one woman who could love him as he is. Daisy made me laugh and Sebastian made me want to cry. I didn't want to stop reading and can't wait for the next book in the Holland Spring Series!
sandy dunn
Dec 03, 2013 sandy dunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just dessert

this was a very good book. I wish I had read from the beginning of this series. Sebastian n his twin r tortured souls n to fall in love so they could become good men was great. can't wait for next book.
Renee J.
Nov 20, 2013 Renee J. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
not a huge fan of this book. the story line was good, but the follow through wasnt. both main characters were a little on the irritating side.
Lora Jordan
Sep 16, 2013 Lora Jordan rated it it was amazing
Loved it ready for another I know u have another cooking up good read for me thx have read every one of your books
Meredith
Eh - not as great as some of the others in the series, but not bad either. Who doesn't love an Earl?
  • Misconception
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Rising Star (Starlight, #2)
  • Accidental Cowgirl (Whisper Creek, #1)
  • Sweetest Mistake (Sweet, Texas, #2)
  • One Wicked Night
  • The Plus One Chronicles Boxed Set (The Plus One Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Masked Cowboy (Men of the White Sandy, #2)
  • The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • Saving Me
  • Secret Designs (Secret Dreams, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Cowboy
  • Breaking Beau (Rock Hard, #2)
  • Good Sensations (Welcome to Paradise, #3)
  • Jaded Touch (Vesper, #2)
  • Dreams of the Cursed (Dreamer, #2)
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
New York Times Bestselling Author, Marquita Valentine, writes sexy heroes that make you swoon and sassy heroines that make you laugh. She's the author of the bestselling contemporary romance series, Holland Springs, and the new adult romance series, Boys of the South.

Marquita met her husband aka Hot Builder at Sonic when they were in high school. She suggests this location to all of her single fri
More about Marquita Valentine...

Holland Springs (6 books)
  • Drive Me Crazy (Holland Springs, #1)
  • Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #2)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3)
  • Not Over You (Holland Springs, #5)
  • Be Mine (Holland Springs, #6)

“People with power should always choose to protect the ones without it.” 0 likes