Start by marking “Meeting Point: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Meeting Point: A Novel

Meeting Point: A Novel

From the dazzling coastline of the French Riv-iera to the haunting beauty of Fairhead Rock in County Antrim, Ireland—Roisin McAuley delivers a page-turning tale of romance and suspense in Meeting Point, her gripping novel about a CSI investigator who comes face-to-face with a cold-case murder suspect in the South of France and finds herself falling in love with him. . . .

W
Published April 3rd 2007 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Meeting Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting Point

Jessi
This was a perfectly fine story, it was missing something, they were in the French Riviera basically all the description we got was that it was hot, in Northern Ireland it was damp and rainey(groundbreaking that is) and in England it was cool and rainey. There wasn't a very complicated mystery, also covered was the breakdown of the the main characters marriage ten years earlier. I wish there was more physical descriptions of everything but otherwise a solid 3 star rating.
Caryl Thomas
Mar 07, 2016 Caryl Thomas rated it did not like it
Predictable soapy tosh is it supposed to be chick lit or a thriller? Either way it doesn't work.
Philip
Oct 01, 2013 Philip rated it really liked it
This book came to my attention because someone thought I had written it. It’s set around the North Coast of Ireland (where I live and all my books are set) and I wasn’t aware that anyone else had given any more than a passing reference to the North Coast in their novels, but then I heard about Roisin McAuley.

The story focuses on a woman who used to be a detective in Ballymoney, but has now left that behind and become a solicitor. While on holiday in France she comes across a man who may or may n
Anne
Jan 14, 2012 Anne rated it liked it
Roisin McAuley's writing has been compared to Maeve Binchy, I do see some similarities, maybe it's because they are both Irish? They certainly do have some things in common, the main thing being the ease at which the reader is drawn into the story.

Meeting Point is a romantic suspense story. Solicitor and single mum Claire is holidaying in France with her best friend and their two sons. The story opens as Claire is forced to dive into a ditch to avoid being knocked down by a sports car on a quiet
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 06, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, family, audiobook
Claire Watson is on a two week vacation to the south of France with her 12 year old son, Sam, his cousin David and her best friend Isabel and an old police colleague and good friend George, who she has not seen in a long time. While walking one day she is run off the road by a car, the driver John Rock offers his assistance; Claire is instantly attracted to him. She recognizes his name from a murder investigation she was involved in 10 years ago in Ireland but as he does not look the same she is ...more
Carinya Kappler
Dec 15, 2013 Carinya Kappler rated it liked it
This novel is a pleasant mix of detective and romance themes. The heroine Claire, is unsettled after her marriage breakup and her change of career from the police force to solicitor. She is obviously an attractive 40 year old woman looking for peace and answers both personally for herself and her son, and professionally. She finds the answers only to lose them again as she lurches on making quick unfounded assumptions only some of which turn out to be correct.
I enjoyed the book, found it interes
Corinne Salone
Oct 20, 2013 Corinne Salone rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this novel, there were times I was super frustrated with the main character with not being daring enough but the twist ending was pretty shocking to me. I didn't ever feel the need to look ahead, and it was nice to see a single mother in a story that involved murder mystery. The lead character is both strong and vulnerable which was very interesting.
Jun 08, 2010 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Well, as an avid Agatha Christie reader, I often annoyed by modern mysteries. This one didn't feel like a mystery as much as an unhappy woman with problem. Never fear though, she figures out who did and manages to find a happily ever after.
Deane
Sep 25, 2014 Deane rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book....an interesting mix of romance and a murder mystery with no gory details of either. An easy read with several twists and turns in the plot....even my hoped-for conclusion had an unexpected twist.
Miette
Feb 26, 2011 Miette rated it really liked it
For the type of book it is, I found it an enjoyable read without too many annoying scenes where I was thinking, "Only an idiot would do that!"
Bambola
Jan 06, 2012 Bambola rated it really liked it
Hmm, wavering between 3 and 4 stars here, but this was a clever story with lots of threads nicely tied up at the end. Perhaps some of the characters a bit cliched, hence not a whole-hearted 4 stars.
Ramya DRozario
Jul 19, 2015 Ramya DRozario rated it it was ok
A quick read, Meeting Point is the perfect book to unwind with on a rainy weekend. Though the mystery was not convoluted, the writing style was simple.
Janet
Feb 10, 2012 Janet rated it really liked it
A great suspense read. Did he or didn't he? Will she or won't she? Kept me hooked to the end. (I started it on Feb. 6th.)
Lieve
Oct 18, 2012 Lieve rated it did not like it

Niet het beste boek van deze schrijfster. Komt traag op gang, personages niet al te goed uitgewerkt, wordt saai om te lezen.
Heb andere boeken van haar gelezen die veel beter waren.
Tania
Apr 18, 2010 Tania rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-books
randomly chosen from my pile of library books. I never know what I will read from one book to the next - ah the joys of life!
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Anita
Anita rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Maree
Maree rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2009
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Christine Berry
Christine Berry rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2010
Jayne
It's a mystery or crime thriller. Worth a read.
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Maureen Coath
Maureen Coath rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Kiran
Kiran rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Cami
Cami rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Carla Smith
Carla Smith rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Roisin McAuley grew up in Northern Ireland and is a graduate from Queen’s University, Belfast. She has been a journalist and has written documentaries and features for BBC Radio.

Roisin McAuley also writes under the pen name R.I. Olufsen.
More about Roisin McAuley...