Start by marking “Boarding the Enterprise: Transporters, Tribbles, and the Vulcan Death Grip in Gene Rodenberry's Star Trek” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Boarding the Enterpris...

David Gerrold

Boarding the Enterprise: Transporters, Tribbles, and the Vulcan Death Grip in Gene Rodenberry's Star Trek (Smart Pop)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Trekkies and Trekkers alike will get starry-eyed over this eclectic mix of essays on the groundbreaking original "Star Trek" series. "Star Trek" writers D. C. Fontana and David Gerrold, science fiction authors such as Howard Weinstein, and various academics share behind-the-scenes anecdotes, discuss the show's enduring appeal and influence, and examine some of the classic...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Smart Pop (first published July 11th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Boarding the Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boarding the Enterprise

John Orman
Star Trek writers here remember the show and its influences on our society and lives.

D.C. Fontana profiles Gene Roddenberry and the action on the Star Trek sets.

Robert Metzger somehow proves that Scotty's ability to lie makes him the most valuable crew member aboard the Enterprise!

"So does Star Trek have anything relevant left to say about today's world? Yes, and here it is: Here's how we are today (booo) ... and here's who we might someday be (yaaay!)."

Beam me up now and tomorrow forever!
Amelia
This was a fun and interesting read. Some essays I enjoyed more than others, but it was well worth the whole buck-ninety-nine I spent on it! Having grown up in the 60s and 70s, it was fun to look back on that period.
Artfreek101
This is a great collection of stories, essays and personal accounts that any Trekkie will enjoy.
Angie
I love Star Trek. Some interesting theories here. Worth reading!
Juliana
Some interesting essays for Trekkies and cultural critics.
Jimi Remick
Jimi Remick is currently reading it
Sep 29, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte is currently reading it
May 11, 2014
Mel Usack
Mel Usack marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Brian Elliott
Brian Elliott marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Iris
Iris marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Ellen
Ellen added it
Jan 26, 2014
Shadarus Semloue
Shadarus Semloue marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Mark
Mark is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2014
Inez
Inez marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Man Who Folded Himself A Matter For Men A Day for Damnation A Rage for Revenge A Season for Slaughter