Start by marking “Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)

Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  555 ratings  ·  48 reviews
In this funny and romantic sequel to Wings, the half-human half-fairy princess Tamisin is kidnapped by Oberon, the king of the fairies. Forced to leave her boyfriend, Jak, behind in the human world, Tamisin feels completely lost. In the land of the fey, Oberon tells her that her mother, Titania had been lying when she'd said Tamisin was half fairy, half human. Who is telli ...more
ebook, Bloomsbury USA Childrens, 256 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Bloomsbury

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A magical, exciting sequel that ventures back to the fey world. Princess Tamisin finds herself a victim of a kidnapping, meets the father she didn't realize existed, and quickly learns that not everything is as it seems in the fey world. Now I know why so many middle graders rave about E.D.'s books. She's a fabulous story teller and though I didn't read the first book in this series, I loved this story. It wasn't hard at all for me to follow along with what's going on. I'm a huge fan of fey lore ...more
Katy
I don't think this book is for me.

Three years between a book and its sequel is a long time, so I don't remember much about Wings than there was a girl who finds out she was adopted and really the daughter of fairy royalty - oh yeah, and the story had animal-goblins thrown in there too.

So I start reading the sequel and find out the main character is really starting to get on my nerves, and I can't understand why she is trying so hard to pick a fight with her boyfriend Jak. And then enters Dasras
Kat N
Tamisin was shrunken ,kidnapped, and had the worst week of her life. Well second worst. Titiana's army was going after her, her boyfriend, Jak the cat goblin, was traveling across the Land of Fey to find her, and her father was apparently alive. Was her father dead of was she a full-blooded fairy? What were the strange feelings towards the blue boy? Why was everybody trying to kill her? Read to find out.

Fairy Lies is like Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. He wrote the story of Titiana and
Reading Vacation
After the spectacular book that was Wings, is it any wonder that I fell just as hard for Fairy Lies? With a new cast of hilarious characters combining with old friends, Fairy Lies had me laughing and rolling on the floor. Tamisin’s continued adventures in the land of the fairies were entertaining and had me rapidly flipping pages. Tamisin is kind and clever, and she was the perfect heroine for this story. I loved how despite the harsh court structure of the fairy court, Tamisin was still generou ...more
Deja
This Books was a romance,adventure, and, fanstasy in one book! i reallly loved this book! This is the first book i gave 5 stars. It gave a who new view on the supernatural world. The chacracters personalities were easy to determine so to me i could predict the choices they made even before readin it. But other than that i reccomend this book. Its only 23 chapters, and the chapters are about 5-7 pages long. It took me only 2 days to read it! i could of finish reading it in one day but i had other ...more
Sally
I went to the public library I always go to borrow books. I found this book and read the blurb, it sounded interesting so I borrowed it and read it

Something that DID NOT please me was when main character named Tamisin "changed"

QUOTE - "Come on down," he said. "Coming," I said spreading my wings, fluttering down. Seeing him look at my wings, I couldn't help but blush

When this scene happened I was like : ARGH !

Overall this book was rather interesting (that is if you are a fan of fantasy and whate
Caro
Fantastic! A really good read. There was emotion, confusion, aggravation, suspense, some action, great imagination and creativity, and a good and sweet HEA. This is something I wouldn't mind reading again. I loved the characters, even though a lot of them in this one I wanted to line 'em all up and knock all their heads together. As for the others, they were terrific and great friends. This had me turning pages and reading into the night to finish. I'm glad there were some good characters to hel ...more
Rebecca
If you really enjoyed the first wings book (like myself) then I think you will be disappointed by this book. Maybe it's just that wings was my childhood favorite and my ideas of what I like in books has matured (then again, the salamander spell is still my favorite book) but this just did not have the same appeal to me as the other ED Baker books have.
Evelyn Zielinski
Becca
It was alright. Maybe 2.5 stars. I don't know. There were some cute parts, but mostly I was disapointed. The writing seemed a little juvenile, but more than that, it just wasn't that great. Tamisin no characters developed more, and there weren't any twists. Everything just seemed to easy. And the pace was always either to fast, or not fast enough. Plus, Dasras was pathetic and annoying. It was cute when Jack got jelous, but Jack and Tamisin were separate for most of the book, which was annoying. ...more
I love myths and fairytales. While now there are an abundance of those kind of books coming out I find that few authors that are actually writing original and well written stories. I think E.D. Baker is one of them. The book was a fun, quirky, interesting story with enough there to make me want to read more of her books. I really enjoyed this one.
Claire Starhaven
wow I mean WOW!! what an amazing book! It was amazing, funny, there was suspense, and romance! I've read both and after the first I didn't think it could get better! I really hope there will be a third <3
Miss Clark
Sara Yop
Sin Kiu
It's more like fantasy and exciting during the war of Titania and Oberon.
Lydia Rose
It was pretty good. I like fairies, so I liked it.
Lexi
Not as good as the first, but I liked it!:)
Kerry
This is another charming book by E.D. Baker.
Lydia B
Great book, read both books in series.
MiriLou
This is like 2 1/2 stars. It was ok but not nearly as good as the first book. I feel like Baker is getting lazy with her writing. Her stories are good, but her last couple of books have seemed..dumbed down...or just summaries of the story. Wings (as it was originally called) seemed like a YA novel, this one a children's story. It was a little too long between books, I had forgotten so much about the original.
Anna
Cute. Defiantly a book for a younger audience. Lacked some of the depth of emotion in novels for older readers. I got very annoyed at points with Tamisin's lack of knowledge of the story of A Midsummer Night's Dream. By her age I would have read it in school and the book seems to be a classic. I got a wee bit ticked at points when references were made and not understood.
Heather

My daughter loves books about fairies, so I think that this book will be one she will like in a few years. The plot is interesting but not complicated, and Tamisin becomes a good role model. I think I would have liked to read the prequel Wings first, but oh well!
Brett
Girls who like E.D. Baker's other works will definitely also like this one. It's the sequel to "Wings", Baker's updated take on the story of Titania, Bottom, & Oberon. Baker does an excellent job with taking the traditional fairy tale & making it a bit more modern.
Debbie
This was a good sequel to, "Wings". It is the continuing story of Tamisin and Jak and some of the other characters in the first book. There are some new characters in the book also. I liked this story, and I hope that there will be another sequel.
Brenne
It was cute. Thats about all I have to say. It was like a really long. summary. I didn't go into detail, it was like she went her and then her and then this happened and grrr..... Any way easy read.....
Lara
the story seemed good... but the drama and conflicts seem too easy. Like there was no real sense that the heroes might fail in their quest, too much help from allies? I don't know... I liked the story.
Tntexas
With less time being spent in the human world, this book worked a bit better for me than its predecessor did. On the whole it was a fun book that my kids and I enjoyed reading together.
Zoe Miner

I loved this book as much as the first one the way it was kept interesting all throughout the book and the way it ended and started was great!
Annette
I was so sad for this book to end I love the characters and love being a part of the fey world it's do fun learning more of jak and tamisin I want more books
Fairy Lies 1 6 May 21, 2014 04:07PM
  • 13 Secrets (Thirteen Treasures, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun (Emily Windsnap, #5)
  • The Summer of Moonlight Secrets
  • My Very UnFairy Tale Life (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #1)
  • Merlin's Harp (Merlin's Harp, #1)
  • Moon Rising (Wings of Fire, #6)
  • The Girl Games (Super Special)
  • A Farewell to Charms (Princess for Hire, #3)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1)
  • The Crab (Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War 5)
  • Fairy Bad Day
  • A True Princess
  • Renegade Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #2)
  • Aurelie: A Faerie Tale
  • Ordinary Magic
  • The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)
  • Partners in Crime (Sleuth or Dare, #1)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea
More about E.D. Baker...

Fairy Wings (2 books)
  • Wings: A Fairy Tale (Fairy Wings #1)
The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1) Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3) Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2) The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1) No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)