Start by marking “Montana Bride” as Want to Read:
Montana Bride

Montana Bride

Willa Conner learned a long time ago that love is only in fairy tales. Left widowed, pregnant and penniless, Willa's last hope is the stranger who answers her ad for a husband.
Austin Dermot, a hardworking Montana blacksmith, doesn't know what to expect from a mail-order bride. It certainly isn't the brave, beautiful but scarred young woman who cautiously steps off the tra
Published August 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Montana Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Montana Bride

June
Aug 01, 2012 June rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great work by Jillian Hart. I really enjoyed this Mail-Order-Bride story because Austin was such an amazing person. The love that he showed for both human and animals. I loved how he was best friends with his horse and talked to it and it would respond to him. All of the concerns Willa had about her first relationship caused problems for her with Austin, but only in her head because he wasn't anything like her first husband. My experience with Mail-order-bride books is that it's usually ...more
Layla
May 26, 2013 Layla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the age of 18, Willa is mentally, physical and emotionally broken. Never wanted as a child she entered into a mail order marriage at 16 only to find that her initially charming husband was a violent bully and a miserly drunk. All of her dreams and hopes have been shattered and she is left penniless, entirely alone and pregnant when widowed. As an act of sheer desperation she places an advert with her last few coins and hopes (and dreads) that someone will take her as a wife.

Austin is a hard-w
Susan
Good book. I loved Austin. He was such a kind and gentle man who was looking to find a love of his own. Since there weren't too many single women in Moose, he went for a mail-order bride. Willa had reached the point of desperation. Her first husband had been an abusive drunk, and when he died she lost everything. She was pregnant and broke, but Austin's letter was the answer to her prayers. She didn't know what to expect, but she knew she couldn't trust a man. I really loved the way that Austin ...more
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Montana Bride by Jillian Hart
Willa Conner would never willingly marry again but after finding herself widowed, penniless, pregnant and homeless she had no choice but to advertise for a husband. From her lonely years of having a mother and grandmother that resented her to the past two years married to Jed, who was a mean drunk, she no longer trusted nor did she believe in the fairy tales that real love existed in this world.

Austin Dermot finally had a bride of his own. She was a beauty as well.
Nenya
Jan 11, 2016 Nenya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
h, H are both so so sweet... almost make my teeth hurt. he's unbelievably nice and very good looking. she's unbelievably... downtrodden but socially adept and... very good looking! she's very young (barely 18), had an abusive hubby for 2 years, is currently pregnant, is the child of a rape, is not quite loved by her mother (who may or may not be dead. cos the first ref to her says both mother and grandmother have passed away. second says mother still works where she used to work. o.O)

absolutely
Karine Darnessy
Nov 01, 2014 Karine Darnessy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce livre fut une agréable surprise. Tout en douceur et émotions. Le passé des deux personnages m'a beaucoup touché. La vie n'a pas été très tendre avec eux. Willa et Austin s'accorde bien même si au début et un peu sur la fin Willa m'a énervé a penser qu'elle ne méritait pas Austin, qu'elle ne pourrait plus jamais aimer. Quant à Austin, ne vous attendez pas a un mâle alpha comme on en trouve partout, il est tout le contraire: doux , attentionné, protecteur, prévenant... bref un homme comme on en ...more
Martha
This is a sweet romance set in Montana Territory in 1884. The heroine had my sympathy from the start, and the hero? Well, I liked him from his first appearance and just absolutely loved him before long. Jillian, you created such a wonderful love story here!

According to the author's note, the hero of this book was also a character in earlier Montana Territory novels. I haven't read those, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of this one. However, now I want to find those earlier books!
M.A. Nichols
This isn't an amazing story, but I enjoyed it all the same. It really hovers just over the 3.5 star range for me, because I several aspects of the plot could have been fleshed out more (and there were a few issues here and there). But overall, I enjoyed it. The heroine was sweet and my heart just went out to her and the hero is almost too perfect, but you still love him, anyway.
Brenda
Oct 23, 2012 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute mail order bride story. Love, love loved Austin. Perfect hero who finally got his story and his chance at love. A little more serious topics than usual for a Hart story and I was sad often while reading it. I loved being inside the hero's head and feeling his frustration with Willa.
Artemissia
Sep 28, 2014 Artemissia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-western
Ça manque de piquant mais au delà de ça, j'ai beaucoup aimé la relation qui s'installe entre Willa et Austin. Austin n'est pas un mâle Alpha et j'ai aimé ce côté plus sensible et fleur bleue émanant du personnage. Ça change.
Ashley M.
Sep 09, 2015 Ashley M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Emotional
Heartwarming

Fantastic storyline!
Wish there was a part two!
This book should seriously be made into a Hallmark movie!
Hopefulpuffin
A clean western historical. Some drama and angst that all gets resolved very quickly

A super fast read.
Jeanie Harper
Aug 20, 2014 Jeanie Harper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story very true to the evidence of battery to a woman can do and trying to resolve it's issues.
Love is hard to believe and come by after that.
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Lissyliss
Lissyliss rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2014
Littlea
Littlea rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Amudha
Amudha rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Yetunde
Yetunde rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Jarizona
Jarizona rated it did not like it
May 23, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2012
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Τοημεε
Τοημεε rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Jannie
Jannie rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2014
Rachel A
Rachel A rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 11:48AM
  • The Tender Texan
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Captain Corcoran's Hoyden Bride
  • How to Ruin a Reputation (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #2)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • A Promise of Love
  • Train Station Bride (Crawford Family, #1)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • Mail-Order Groom
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Bride (Botany Bay, #4)
  • Hawk's Way: Carter & Falcon (Hawk's Way #5-6)
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6)
  • Night Angel
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...