Start by marking “Slow Dance with the Sheriff (The Larkville Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
Slow Dance with the Sheriff (The Larkville Legacy #2)

Slow Dance with the Sheriff (The Larkville Legacy #2)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Ex-ballerina Eleanor Patterson is the darling of Manhattan society - until she discovers her pedigree background is a lie. So she heads to sleepy Larkville for answers....

Sheriff Jed Jackson never expected to rescue a stunning woman from a herd of cattle, or to be so fascinated by the vulnerability beneath Ellie's tough city veneer. Yet watching her unwind is irresistible,

ebook, Harlequin Romance #4328, 192 pages
Published August 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Slow Dance with the Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Dance with the Sheriff

Susan
Good book. I liked both Ellie and Jed. Ellie came to Larkville to connect with the family she just found out about. No one was at home just then, so she ended up renting a room from the sheriff. Ellie was very skittish and had terrible self esteem. As a dancer she had developed an eating disorder and she is still recovering from the toll it took on her body. I liked seeing her as she started to recover. She also got involved in some things in town and made some friends. Jed came to Larkville as ...more
Peta Whitney
Stay with me here. I’m about to do something I’ve never done before.

I’m going to review a Harlequin novel. Hello? Still there?

*Waits for men to leave the room*

So, now it’s just us women, let me confess. I have read Mills and Boon. I read one of my mother’s when I was a teen. I was not exactly impressed.

I was forced by my creative writing lecturer (Hi Toni!) to read one called The World’s Oldest Living Married Virgin (not even kidding!) as a lesson in Romance structure. I read it.

I did not love i
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

When New York came to Texas... City meets country in Slow Dance with the Sheriff by Nikki Logon.

This is the story of Ex-ballerina Eleanor Patterson and Sheriff Jed Jackson two very broken people who arrive in Larkville seeking different things….. Love and relation not being one of them.

Ellie is a lost soul looking to reinvent herself and connect with her new found siblings, while Jed is looking for atonement for his past deeds.

Ellie and Jed are ridden
Pat
Aug 01, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a sucker for books with deeply scarred characters who must struggle to find peace and happiness. Overcoming angst is my thing. Author Nikki Logan provides angst and relief in spades here.

After former ballerina Eleanor Patterson discovers that the man she called father was really her stepfather, she drives from the Big Apple to poky Larkville, Texas, to meet her siblings since her real father has just died.

There she meets Sheriff Jed Jackson, who puts her up in the guest house on his property
Julie
Nov 25, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exceptional tale about acceptance, coming home and the healing force of love, Slow Dance with the Sheriff is the second title in the unmissable Larkville Legacy continuity from Harlequin Romance!

The eminent Patterson clan has ruled the upper echelons of Manhattan society for decades. The New York social scene was in awe of their unbelievable wealth, polished good looks and effortless elegance. Yet their sophisticated exterior hid a plethora of shameful secrets and despicable lies that the Pat
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

This was a surprisingly powerful read. I connected with both protagonists and the anxious, forgiving dog. Lots of elements that tugged on my emotions here, from the damaged heroine unable to love herself to the wounded man unable to forgive himself. This isn't a perfect read, but it is compelling and emotional.

Full review here: http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=7219
Gail
Excellent story. Texas issues minor really. Lots of lovely angst. Enjoyable.
Harlequin Books
May 30, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Valerie Araujo
Valerie Araujo marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
P
P added it
Apr 01, 2016
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Rebekka Cooper
Rebekka Cooper marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Anita
Anita rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Eleni Konstantine
Eleni Konstantine marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Louise Haskell
Louise Haskell rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2016
Tashauna Henry
Tashauna Henry marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 01, 2015 11:30AM
Australian, Nikki Logan, lives on the edge of a string of wetlands south of Perth, Western Australia with her partner and a menagerie of animals. She writes captivating, nature-based stories full of romance in descriptive natural environments for Harlequin Enterprises and Entangled Publishing. She believes the danger and richness of wild places perfectly mirror the passion and risk of falling in l ...more
More about Nikki Logan...

The Larkville Legacy (8 books)
  • The Cowboy Comes Home (The Larkville Legacy #1)
  • Taming the Brooding Cattleman (The Larkville Legacy #3)
  • The Rancher's Unexpected Family (The Larkville Legacy #4)
  • His Larkville Cinderella (The Larkville Legacy #5)
  • The Secret That Changed Everything (The Larkville Legacy #6)
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)
  • The Billionaire's Baby SOS (The Larkville Legacy #8)