Start by marking “One in a Billion (Home To Harbor Town, #4)” as Want to Read:
One in a Billion (Home To Harbor Town, #4)

One in a Billion (Home to Harbor Town #4)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  124 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The discovery that corporate mogul Lincoln DuBois had left her half his company rocked Deidre Kavanaugh's world. After all, she'd only just learned that the billionaire could be her real father. And with his right-hand man, Nick Malone, up in arms, claiming her share of the inheritance wouldn't be easy.

Charismatic tycoon Nick Malone had his doubts about Deidre's paternity
Published August 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Billion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Billion

Saly
I really enjoyed this book a lot, the conflict was plausible and so were the uncertainties the h/H had. I loved the vulnerability of the heroine, she had had a father who died the day she learnt that she wasn't his biologically and she ran away and remained estranged with her mother, then came the truth about her real father and she got the chance to be with him for a few months. His death hit her hard because she lost another father and the hero Nick who was his right hand man was suspicious of ...more
Susan
Very good book. Deidre was still trying to get used to the idea that Lincoln DuBois was her father, now she found out that she has been left half of his company. From the beginning Nick has been suspicious of her claim. He comes to Harbor Town to get to know Deidre and decide for himself if she was really Lincoln's daughter. She doesn't trust him at first, but as they spend some time together they both learn more about the other. Nick learns that Deidre is exactly the person she says she is. Dei ...more
Sandy M
Jul 24, 2012 Sandy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
This is the type of series that pulled me into reading Silhouette Special Editions eons ago. I’m very glad Harlequin/Silhouette sticks so closely to the attributes they’ve designed each of their lines by, something that is passed on from year to year so that the current up and coming reading generation is reading the same heartfelt stories women of my generation read when we were young and that we still enjoy today. Beth Kery is the perfect storyteller for this line with her Home to Harbor Town ...more
Darcy
Aug 18, 2012 Darcy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, romance
I didn't think this one was as strong as the others in the series. I think part of what I was missing was the horror that was the accident that tore apart the main families. This book did deal with that a bit, but it was more the reason why the accident happened in the first place, and that was Deidre's parentage and how it all came out, the accident is the result of that.

I can see why Deidre would be shocked to find out that new father she had been getting to know left her half of his company,
Lisa Walker
Dec 31, 2013 Lisa Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming romance to read by the fire. I enjoyed this book, however, it just didnt have that bite that I now expect from Beth Kery. Of course, it's older, and published under a more discreet company, so if you are looking for a soft, sweet read, this is for you. If you are looking for a more erotic romance, skip this one and go straight to the "min" series.
Alexandrea Ward
Dec 08, 2012 Alexandrea Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story in my opinion. I'm just a mush because I love when the stories end up having a great ending. The ending was a big surprise to me, especially with all of the things that Deidre had experienced in such a short amount of time. This is the first book of the Home to Harbor Town series that I have read but now I'm ready to read the others.
Susan Dalley
Aug 21, 2012 Susan Dalley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of this series. I really liked these characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Home to Harbor Town
Category: Heart & Home
Akansha
Dec 26, 2012 Akansha rated it it was amazing
Perfect !!
Ruth Lafler
Ruth Lafler rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Rachel Warren
Rachel Warren marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Cali26
Cali26 marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Christina Hinojosa
Christina Hinojosa marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Sherrie
Sherrie rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
*Jill*
*Jill* marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Abby
Abby rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2016
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Catherine Gallagher
Catherine Gallagher rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Mindin
Mindin rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Bekah
Bekah added it
Jan 15, 2016
Debbie Diamond
Debbie Diamond marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Mandy Marant
Mandy Marant marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
CATHERINE BERGERON
CATHERINE BERGERON rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Prince's Secret Baby (Bravo Royales, #1)
  • Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5)
  • Have Me
  • Cowboy, Take Me Away
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dermot (The Mighty Quinns, #19)
  • The Princess and the Outlaw
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • Princess in the Making (Billionaires and Babies, #30)
  • The Paternity Proposition (Dalton Twins, #1; Billionaires and Babies, #25)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair (Billionaires and Babies, #12)
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood, #3)
  • That New York Minute
  • Acquired: The CEO's Small-Town Bride (The Takeover #6)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • The Heartbreak Sheriff (Small Town Scandals, #2)
  • Claiming His Royal Heir (Royal Rebels, #2; Billionaires and Babies, #18)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.
More about Beth Kery...

Home to Harbor Town (5 books)
  • The Hometown Hero Returns (Home to Harbor Town, #1)
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Claiming Colleen (Home to Harbor Town, #3)
  • The Soldier's Baby Bargain (Home To Harbor Town, #5)