Start by marking “One in a Billion (Home To Harbor Town, #4)” as Want to Read:
One in a Billion (Home To Harbor Town, #4)

One in a Billion (Home to Harbor Town #4)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The discovery that corporate mogul Lincoln DuBois had left her half his company rocked Deidre Kavanaugh's world. After all, she'd only just learned that the billionaire could be her real father. And with his right-hand man, Nick Malone, up in arms, claiming her share of the inheritance wouldn't be easy.

Charismatic tycoon Nick Malone had his doubts about Deidre's paternity
Published August 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Billion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Billion

Saly
I really enjoyed this book a lot, the conflict was plausible and so were the uncertainties the h/H had. I loved the vulnerability of the heroine, she had had a father who died the day she learnt that she wasn't his biologically and she ran away and remained estranged with her mother, then came the truth about her real father and she got the chance to be with him for a few months. His death hit her hard because she lost another father and the hero Nick who was his right hand man was suspicious of ...more
Susan
Very good book. Deidre was still trying to get used to the idea that Lincoln DuBois was her father, now she found out that she has been left half of his company. From the beginning Nick has been suspicious of her claim. He comes to Harbor Town to get to know Deidre and decide for himself if she was really Lincoln's daughter. She doesn't trust him at first, but as they spend some time together they both learn more about the other. Nick learns that Deidre is exactly the person she says she is. Dei ...more
Sandy M
This is the type of series that pulled me into reading Silhouette Special Editions eons ago. I’m very glad Harlequin/Silhouette sticks so closely to the attributes they’ve designed each of their lines by, something that is passed on from year to year so that the current up and coming reading generation is reading the same heartfelt stories women of my generation read when we were young and that we still enjoy today. Beth Kery is the perfect storyteller for this line with her Home to Harbor Town ...more
Darcy
I didn't think this one was as strong as the others in the series. I think part of what I was missing was the horror that was the accident that tore apart the main families. This book did deal with that a bit, but it was more the reason why the accident happened in the first place, and that was Deidre's parentage and how it all came out, the accident is the result of that.

I can see why Deidre would be shocked to find out that new father she had been getting to know left her half of his company,
Lisa Walker
A heartwarming romance to read by the fire. I enjoyed this book, however, it just didnt have that bite that I now expect from Beth Kery. Of course, it's older, and published under a more discreet company, so if you are looking for a soft, sweet read, this is for you. If you are looking for a more erotic romance, skip this one and go straight to the "min" series.
Alexandrea Ward
This was a cute story in my opinion. I'm just a mush because I love when the stories end up having a great ending. The ending was a big surprise to me, especially with all of the things that Deidre had experienced in such a short amount of time. This is the first book of the Home to Harbor Town series that I have read but now I'm ready to read the others.
Susan Dalley
My favorite of this series. I really liked these characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Home to Harbor Town
Category: Heart & Home
Diane
Diane added it
Aug 20, 2015
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Alyssa Edmonds
Alyssa Edmonds marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
sam
sam marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Jana Romer
Jana Romer marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Lindaklep
Lindaklep marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Poks
Poks marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
  • Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5)
  • The Prince's Secret Baby (Bravo Royales, #1)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dermot (The Mighty Quinns, #19)
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2) (The Precinct #18)
  • The Paternity Promise (Dalton Twins #2)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • Back in the Soldier's Arms
  • Have Me
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Cowboy, Take Me Away
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • The Other Soldier (Castle Creek, #1)
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • Unexpected Family
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Redemption (Desert Nights #1)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.
More about Beth Kery...

Home to Harbor Town (5 books)
  • The Hometown Hero Returns (Home to Harbor Town, #1)
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Claiming Colleen (Home to Harbor Town, #3)
  • The Soldier's Baby Bargain (Home To Harbor Town, #5)
Because You Tempt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.1) Wicked Burn Because You Are Mine: The Complete Novel (Because You Are Mine, #1) Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine, #1.4) Because I Could Not Resist (Because You Are Mine, #1.2)