Start by marking “Sins of the Highlander” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Highlander

Sins of the Highlander

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  602 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Abduction

Never had Elspeth Stewart imagined her wedding would be interrupted by a dark-haired stranger charging in on a black stallion, scooping her into his arms, and carrying her off across the wild Scottish highlands. Pressed against his hard chest and nestled between his strong thighs, she ought to have feared for her life. But her captor silenced all protests with a s
Published January 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published November 1st 2010)

Kathleen
Story Rating 4 stars
Character Rating 4 stars
Romance Rating 4 stars
Heat Level 3.5 stars
Overall Rating 4 stars

I must say that I REALLY liked this book from beginning to end. The story line kept me very interested as did the characters. The love scenes were very sensual and very well done. I shed a few tears along the way but the story ended with the HEA that I always' crave.

I'm very glad that Connie Mason seems to be on track again. I have read almost ALL of her book's and have loved too many to c
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
You can find my complete review here.

If you love romance, suspense and the premise of an eye for an eye, then you are sure to love this book. The story line is one that you see time and again but don’t let that sway you, this book had me on the edge of my seat the complete time. The authors spun the tale so well you felt like you were in the scene with the characters. I screeched when the wolves attacked them, I cursed when Elspeth was hit with an arrow, I cried for Rob and the loss of his wife
Elis Madison
"Mad Rob" McLaren is, well, mad.

Well, except when it comes to Lachlan Drummond, who stole his brand-new, love-match bride two weeks after the wedding, and whatever he did to her… well, let's just say she didn't want it to happen again. She was locked in a tower, with a window…

He went a little nuts (hence the nickname). And now he wants to even the score, he's challenged Drummond, but the man keeps ducking him. Which is why he shows up, horseback, in the church, to bride-nap Drummond's bride-to-
Kari
Sins of the Highlander begins with Rob MacLaren kidnapping Elspeth Stewart at the altar when she’s about to wed Rob’s nemesis Lachlan Drummond. A couple years before, Lachlan had kidnapped and raped Rob’s wife, an incident that resulted in her committing suicide. So Rob kidnaps Lachlan’s bride-to-be to exact revenge.
The characterizations were very simplistic but I really liked both the H and h. Lately I’ve been reading Highlander books with TSTL heroines so it was very refreshing to find a heroi
Dee
With a fantastic story line as this one has (hero kidnaps heroine for ransom), what reader could resist? Not me, for sure. Add in a hot highlander, witty banter between hero and heroine, great writing and wonderful action scenes, I thought I was a goner. I didn't really go that far though!

To start off, I really enjoyed this book. It was a refreshing, gloriously paced, savor-the-writing-in-your-mouth kind of read. It's something I would definitely recommend to fans of highlander books.

I just fel
Bookaholics
Sins of the Highlander by Connie Mason & Mia Marlowe
Historical Romance - Jan 1st, 2012
4 stars

Mad Rob MacLaren’s wife was kidnapped, tortured, and eventually died at the hands of the evil Lachlan Drummond. To exact revenge, Rob decided to kidnap Lachlan’s bride straight from the altar. To his surprise, Elspeth Stewart is far more bewitching and dangerous than Rob expected. Can he resist the spirited and beautiful Elspeth?

This was a hot read! Elspeth and Rob’s constant clashing barely hides th
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Mad Rob McLaren is on a mission of vengeance. Two years ago, Lachlan Drummond kidnapped his wife, just days after their wedding. He raped her; and she killed herself. But despite Rob's effort, Drummond refuses to face him in combat. So Rob kidnaps Drummond's bride from the altar, hoping to finally get the battle he's due.

The thing is, Rob never thought about Elspeth at all. He never considered the hell a kidnapping would put Drummond's betrothed through. And he certainly never expected the woma
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Laird Robin MacLaren was on the verge of madness. Inconsolable after the kidnapping and death of his beloved bride Fiona, Mad Rob has lived for revenge on the bastard who caused his misery, Lachlan Drummond. Elspeth Stewart, lady-in-waiting to the Queen and distant cousin, has just met her betrothed in the kirk, right before the ceremony joining them as man and wife was to begin. She knew her duty as a noble woman and was prepared to honor her vows and her soon-to-be husband. When the crazed war ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

A familiar plot with breath-holding twists and turns sets Lady Elspeth Stewart and Laird “Mad Rob” MacLaren on a path of danger in the harsh Scottish terrain with pursuers hot on their heels. Hidden caves, hungry wolves, tricky waterways, and jealousy in Dark Castle along with superstitions heighten the likelihood of death as the story unfolds.

It's quite an adventure for Elspeth who had resigned herself to be wedded to and bedded by
Karen
Feb 02, 2012 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of scottish highlander romance
This book reminds me of why I adore reading Highlander romance novels. It had pretty much everything I look for…great chemistry between our two main characters, a bit of adventure, a bit of revenge, a touch of fantasy, a little bit of the brogue and plenty of steamy romance.
I wish I had taken notes on some quotes throughout this book because there were some wonderful lines that made me feel all warm and fuzzy and even chuckle a time or two…but I was just too immersed in the story to take the tim
Sbatdorf
Connie Mason is some kind of awesome. I loved this book.In the fabulous story of love lost and found, "Mad Rob" steals the bride of the man responsible for his wife's death.A fabulous journey begins to heal his heart when he takes Elspeth as his captive. Wonderful story.
Sandy M
What historical romance reader hasn’t daydreamed of a braw Scottish Highlander abducting her from the altar and a future of boring days on end, racing across the countryside with her in his arms, toward an unknown destiny filled with steamy nights and never-ending love? Come on, ‘fess up. What’s not to love about such a romantic scenario, especially with a sexy, yummy hero like Mad Rob MacLaren.

I will admit this is one my of favorite tropes when getting lost in pages of the Highlands. The hero a
Helena
Connie Mason and her new writing partner Mia Marlowe, have sprung a delicious plot upon readers that will capture them just as Laird Rob MacLaren does his enemy’s bride at the altar. In Sins of the Highlander, readers will thoroughly enjoy a novel that provides non-stop tension, perfectly-paced action and high emotion by a delightful range of clansmen, aristocracy and citizens across the wilds of the Scottish highlands.
Only one person had an inkling her kidnapping was coming and it was the bride
Tyraa
If I were to be really honest Sins of the Highlander fell flat for me. I’m not sure if it’s because I went in with high expectations or because I’ve been reading too many highlander books, but I felt like I was waiting for something to happen to capture my attention….but it turned out I was waiting in vain.

The story follows the plot of many highlander novels. The Laird steals the bride-to-be of his enemy for revenge of what happened to his past wife, the offended parties then set to rescue the
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Line: “Of all the dunderheaded…a woman has eyes and ears and the wit God gave her, and the eejit thinks her a witch!” (p. 166, egalley)

Okay, I’m going to be brutally honest. I was bored with Sins of the Highlander despite a kidnapping, wolf attack and siege. I was also slightly irritated with the heroine. She couldn’t seem to make up her mind about what she wanted out of life.

Elspeth begins the book as a young woman determined to be a good daughter. This means she is willing to enter in
Proserpine
The story begins rather surprisingly: Elspeth is about to marry Lachlan Drummond, a man she doesn't knows, she has never see or meet for the needs of strategic and financial parties involved. However, when imposing these wishes, she is suddenly taken hostage by ''Mad'' Rob seeking retribution for the kidnapping and death of his wife.

From this point the story becomes, still continues to be interesting and exciting! I was impressed by the book's contents: the expressions, the myths and legends fro
Tracy
A Braw Highland Adventure
It was a marriage arranged by her father, one that would benefit both the clan of her family, the Stewarts, and that of her bridegroom, Drummond. That fact did little to ease the mind of Elspeth Stewart, who wouldn't know Laird Lachlan Drummond on sight had she seen him at the Queen's court prior to their impending vows. Elspeth is a dutiful daughter, however, and she has faith in both her father's love for her, and in his judgement about her groom. She has to. That fait
Lisa Jo
SINS OF THE HIGHLANDER by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe is a superb historical romance. This magical tale of adventure and passionate highland romance will delight and enchant any historical romance readers!

Elspeth Stewart wasn't terribly excited for her wedding day since she was meeting her groom for the first time at the alter. Yet she was resign to follow through with the marriage arranged by her father. In the middle of the ceremony, "Mad Rob" MacLaren swoops in to abduct the future bride as
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Mad Rob McLaren has vowed to see Lachlan Drummond pay for the death of his beloved wife, Fionna, and what better way than to take Drummond’s intended wife from him at the altar? Forcing Drummond to accept the one-on-one battle Rob has been demanding for the last two years. After kidnapping Elspeth though, Rob realizes that she is more than just a pawn; Elspeth is a feisty and intelligent woman with the gift of Sight. As the two journey through the Scottish wilds, evading Drummond’s men hunting t ...more
Cristina Contilli
La mia recensione su literary:

La fiamma del titolo è la protagonista femminile, Gillian, una fanciulla cresciuta insieme ai fratelli, che non è soltanto bella, grazie anche alla sua lunga chioma di capelli rossi, ma sa anche maneggiare le armi ed, infatti, prima vorrebbe usare la propria spada contro Ross MacKenna, che appartiene ad un clan rivale, ma che il padre ha deciso che diventerà suo marito, per riportare la pace nelle Highlands e poi contro Angus Sinclair, che avrebbe voluto sposarla,
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
This is my first book by Connie Mason and I have to say that I am very pleased to have discovered her work and have already added several more of her titles to my bookshelf. This one is actually a combined effort by two authors, Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe. I always find it interesting when I read that a book is written by more than one person. It's such a creative and in-depth process that I wonder about the actual mechanics of how two people can come together to form one piece of work.

Well, h
Terra
This action packed romance was beyond wonderful. There's nothing like snatching a bride from the alter and then running like the devil is on your heels from her father and the man she was to marry while wondering if the Fates are for you or against you.

Elsepth Stewart is a beauty and with a really nice dowry that makes her quite a nice catch. Resigned to marry the man her father has decided upon and doing her duty so as not to shame her family is the only thing to do. Or is it? Did you ever stan
Patti Loves FAB Romance
Elspeth Stewart is getting married. Her groom is the leader of a neighboring clan and her father has arranged the marriage to benefit both clans. While they're standing at the altar, in rides "Mad Rob" MacLaren, stealing her from the altar and riding off with her!!!

MacLaren doesn't care about Elspeth, he's avenging his dead wife. Elspeth's betrothed, Lachlan Drummond, is responsible for MacLauren's wife's tragic death. His plan is to steal and keep her, thereby having some measure of revenge and
Nita
This book has a familiar plot - the hero kidnaps the bride-to-be of the man he seeks revenge against. Elspeth Stewart's wedding ceremony to Lachlan Drummond is interrupted by "Mad Rob" McLaren as he rushes in on his horse, grabs her up, and tells her father and bridegroom they may come for her in one month. Rob aims to humiliate Drummond for his involvement in the death of his wife two years before. With all of Rob's planning, he really never considered how his kidnapped bride would react to her ...more
Alexia Chantel
From the moment Mad Rob storms into the church riding his fearsome stallion to steal the bride, your heart will be stolen right along with her.

Rob MacLaren is a man who loved deeply and lost. It is touching to see how devoted to his wife he was, even though they were married a very short time. It is also wonderful to see how Elspeth helps heal the holes in his heart that have been gnawing away at him since he lost his wife.

Elspeth is a typical virgin bride marrying who her father has chosen. S
E. R.
I would add one more star if I had read it thoroughly. But when I skimmed through it, the story was truly enjoyable. I liked the hero, and the villain sucked big time. The heroine was also nice, and she ended up having her own problems. I also liked the heroine's parents and a few of the hero's clan members. Overall, I wou,d re-read it again in the future.
Diane
Poignant story about Highland Laird seeking revenge for the death of his first wife. He storms into the wedding of the man he holds responsible in order to steal his bride. Little does he know that Elspeth will start tearing down the walls upon his heart immediately and soon the captor will become the captive.

Elspeth is furious to be stolen in the middle of her wedding, but soon she sees that the an who has taken her captive is hurting deeply and she is the only one who can help. As they travel
Wateena
I am a big fan of Ms. Mason's and this book she wrote with Ms. Marlowe is another exceptional piece of work. Sins of the Highlander, is a spicey historical ramped with adventure,betrayal and magic.

Robin MacLaren "Mad Rob" has only one thing on his mind, revenge against the man who killed his wife. And taking the fiancée Elspeth Stewart, of that man is what he will do.

Elspeth when captured by Mad Rob although scared, knew there was something about this handsome Highlander that calls to her.

But t
Adrith Bicchieri
Selected for a bit of brain candy on a train trip, the book did not disappoint at all. I enjoyed the characters a great deal, and the story had a very satisfying ending.
Leyns
Very average. Not keen on the love/lust practically at first sight and his being in love with another woman, even if she is dead.
What's The Name o...: Heroine kidnapped by hero from her wedding [s] 4 25 Sep 26, 2014 11:01AM
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • The Devil of Jedburgh
  • The Sinner (Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands #2)
  • Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1)
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • The Saint (Highland Guard, #5)
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)
  • Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
  • Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)
Connie Mason or Cara Miles is the best-selling author of more than fifty historical romances and novellas. Her tales of passion and adventure are set in exotic as well as American locales. Connie was named Story Teller of the Year in 1990 by Romantic Times and was awarded Career Achievement award in the Western category by Romantic Times in 1994. Connie makes her home in Tarpon Springs, Florida wi ...more
More about Connie Mason...
The Dragon Lord Highland Warrior The Black Knight Viking! Sheik