Start by marking “Thoroughly Kissed” as Want to Read:
Thoroughly Kissed
Preview

Thoroughly Kissed (Fates #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Sleeping Beauty has sworn off kissing...

Emma awakens to an entirely different world than the one she lived in a thousand years ago, and although she's the real Sleeping Beauty, her life is no fairy tale. After parting ways with her supposed Prince Charming, she's determined to be a normal girl-she hides her magic and swears off kissing strange men.

But her gorgeous boss Mic
Published June 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published February 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Thoroughly Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thoroughly Kissed

Heather Book Savvy Babe
Kristine Greyson's Thoroughly Kissed charms readers with her fairy tale re-telling of the sleeping beauty story. Thoroughly Kissed is a feel-good romance read filled with magic, humor, and romance.

This is a re-vamped Sleeping Beauty tale, told in the modern day about what happens to Sleeping Beauty when she wakes up 1000 years after being spelled into sleep. Oh, and the kicker, a kiss put her into the spell (instead of freeing her with her handsome prince). So, sleeping beauty has to catch up 10
Terra
This is a really cute story bringing a fairytale for the past to the future. A nice twist on Sleeping Beauty that will bring a chuckle to life as you read along. It's not a action packed story but not a sleeper either. I think it is just right in between making it a pleasant change.

Emma is in a world so totally different from the one she was born in that it takes her some time to adjust to the unbelievable things she is witnessing. Men are attracted to her like bees to honey because of her specu
Amy Keeley
This is a sweet romance, in spite of what the cover on one of these editions might tell you. It's a fun, fractured take on Sleeping Beauty and how she might find love in the modern world.

Ella first appeared in the previous volume, Utterly Charming, but the only thing that's changed is that she's managed to fit in very well in modern society. She even has a bestselling book and a position at a university as a history professor.

Her new boss, Michael, would rather see her gone. However, when the Fa
Paula  Phillips
Have you been following my reviews on Kristine Grayson's books as I stumble and read through her Fates series ? So far I have read Books #1 , 8 , 2 , the novella Standing up for Grace and the anthology Geek Romance.
Now get ready for Book #2 Thoroughly Kissed as I bring to you a fractured fairytale version of Sleeping Beauty. It seems that Sleeping Beauty is all the rage as Kill me Softly featured a version of the same tale. In Thoroughly Kissed we meet Emma Lost , she was awoken ten years ago f
Kat Latham
Emma Lost is a lecturer on history at the University of Wisconsin. She wrote a best-selling book about the Dark Ages. No one knows that her expertise on the subject is a result of her having been born in the Dark Ages.

Emma is the woman that the Sleeping Beauty myth is based on. An evil woman cursed her, and when she was kissed she fell into a thousand-year coma. She apparently woke up during the first book of this series (which I haven't read), and in the years since then she's gone from illiter
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
If you are picking up this up before reading the first in the series, then you may have some minor problems like not understanding the way this book starts. So, those of you, who are new to this series, this is a story of modern day "Sleeping Beauty"'s life, after waking up from the sleep after 1000 years and seeing that her "Prince Charming" is in love with another girl. So, she leaves him, and tries to cope up with the world that she has no idea of.

This book made me think a lot, about how much
Mrsinserra
When I requested this book to read as an ARC, I did not realize that it was a continuation of a previous book. That being said, I was able to read this one pretty easily without having read the first book. Anytime there was something from the previous book alluded to, the author briefly explained what was going on and what happened in the previous book so that you got the gist of what was going on. I was not confused at all, which is a good thing. Reading this book made me want to read the first ...more
Nadine
Thoroughly Kissed is a modern day Sleeping Beauty. Actually, according to this story, the Sleeping Beauty legend was started by the heroine in this novel. Emma Lost’s first kiss didn’t go quite so well. Sadly she fell into a thousand year old sleep. Now it’s the 21st century and she has a lot to learn. Emma is tenacious though.

The story opens with Emma working as a college professor teaching Medieval History; something she is very familiar with. The new department head Michael Found is not impr
Suzan Harden
What if Sleeping Beauty didn't wake up until the 21st century?

That's the premise of this sweet little tale by Kristine Grayson. Emma's prince charming wasn't, and he didn't figure out how to break the sleeping spell until the 21st century.

Emma's rebuilt a life for herself as a professor of medieval history only to have her magic powers kick in at the most inopportune time. Like when her new boss Michael is about to fire her for shoddy academic research. The story turns into a road trip where Mic
Amanda
I Finished this book knowing exactly how I felt about it, which is more than I can say about the first one, when I finished the first book, Utterly Charming, I didn't know what to make of Emma, She seemed to juvenile but after reading just the first couple of chapter of her own story I know how wrong it was of me to have an opinion already formed about her. I was comfortably able to sink into this book and loose myself to like I was watching a movie in my head. I loved how strong and hard headed ...more
Tori Macallister
Originally published at http://www.torimacallister.com on May 31, 2012

It's an interesting phenomena in romance when publishers reissue books. As a reader, I think it generates a love/hate relationship - love, if the book was great to begin with and it's hard to get a hold of or hate, if the author is so prolific that you end up buying a book you've already read because the cover looks so different and you're desperate to read anything by that writer. With a lot of publishers purchasing author ba
Aislynn (Stitch Read Cook)
Emma is a well known author, professor and historian. An expert in the dark ages, she’s known around the world. Little does anyone know – she’s an expert because she was born in the dark ages! After being kissed by the man she thought she loved, she’s put into a deep sleep for a thousand years. With the help of the man who put her in the deep sleep, she learns to fit into this new century.

I was first introduced to Kristine’s books a little over a year ago. I was gifted her book Wickedly Charming
Abbey Ann
Also posted at http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/

3 and a half out of 5

I probably would have enjoyed this book more if it was a bit faster. That's not to say that this book was boring - it wasn't. I just wish it wasn't as slow as it was. Even though this is technically the second book in the series, you don't have to read the first to understand what is going on. I didn't and I followed along just fine.

The premise of this book is intriguing. It puts an interesting spin on the classic romance
Beth
I wavered between 2 and 3 stars with this one. It's not that I disliked it; typical romance novels just aren't my thing. I did like the idea of Sleeping Beauty somehow sleeping until the modern era and having to learn how to live as a modern woman, so I enjoyed the concept that shaped the book. I just felt that the characters were kind of flat, and although it's a fairy tale, a bit too perfect. I think my favorite character was the cat, Darnell. He was quite hilarious even in the parts that he w ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Imagine waking up after a thousand years have passed and finding out you’re in a whole new world full of things you never even thought of. That would be the worst thing, right? No, finding out you have uncontrollable magic is the worst thing…

Ms. Grayson based this story of the premise of what happens after Sleeping Beauty awakens. She makes her main character a very attractive but cautious female (look what the first kiss did!) and tu
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
I really enjoyed Thoroughly Kissed! It is kind of a slow read, but not boring at all. For almost of the book there is not a lot of romance going on. You really get to meet the characters and see them grow before the romance comes into play.

This is a new spin on the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale. Emma’s story is a bit different than the one we grew up reading. I liked her version and I was able to understand why she made the choices she did. Darnell was my favorite though. I just loved it when he a
Juliet Davis
I really enjoyed Thoroughly Kissed! It is kind of a slow read, but not boring at all. In the book there is not a lot of romance going on. You really get to meet the characters and see them grow before the romance comes into play.

This is a new spin on the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale. Emma's story is a bit different than the one we grew up reading. I liked her version and I was able to understand why she made the choices she did. Darnell was my favourite though. I just loved it when he attacked the
Angelina Justice
This is a novel approach that blends the loose threads of the original sleeping beauty, with elements from a few others, and a modern setting. Sleeping beauty is cursed to 1000 years of sleep by a single kiss. When she finally awakens, Prince Charming marries someone else. This story picks up 10 years after her awakening and just days before her life explodes with magic she wasn't expecting for a few more decades.

This romp includes her sexy new boss, a cranky cat and road trip. Of course the sex
Tory
This is the book that said that if you broke down on I-90 you wouldn’t be spotted for days. Which is pretty much the stupidest thing I have read in a book in a long time.

It was easy to read, even though I pretty much hated everything about it. Except for the cat. Because he was funny as shit. And shit? Can be damned funny. Maybe I’ve been spending too much time with little boys. He was like Salem from Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. His assiness made me remember that I do kind of like cats. Especial
Jessi
I do enjoy the occassional romance novel, but this book was just not my cup of tea.

This book started out rather slow for me and it never really picked up. I just couldn't fall in love with the characters like I have with other books. There were also some very obvious editing problems in this book, but I try not to be a stickler with that.

Although, I did absolutely love Darnell, the cat. He was a comical little addition to help ease your mind off of the sexual tension.

I also enjoyed Ms. Grayson'
Deb Cutler
A fun story about after Sleeping Beauty wakes up. The story is partly set in Madison, Wisconsin and has great details.
Roberta Gellelhoo.com
Fantastic Story recommend it to all chick lit lovers with magic involved... Hope the 3rd book will be as good as their predecessors
Gretchen
THOROUGHLY KISSED is one of a series of contemporary takes on our favorite fairy tales. This one is Sleeping Beauty.

I love the cat Darnell, especially when he's acting like a cat. And I thorougly enjoy all the books in this series. Emma Lost and Michael Found are Sleeping Beauty and her prince. I laughed the first time I read their names. I laughed or smiled through much of this, and the ending is great.

If you like gentle romance novels, especially those infused with wit, humor and imagination,
LibraryDanielle
this was cute, silly and fun.
a weird twist on sleeping beauty, where beauty is accidentally sent to sleep for 1000 years by someone who thought he was her true love. when she wakes up she's in the 20th century. after 10 years of playing catchup she suddenly comes into her heritage - magic. a gift she doesn't want. with her annoying department head and her cat Darnell (I loved Darnell) she must make the trip to Oregon to be taught how to control her magic before it gets out of control.
Amber
I didn't know this was the second in a series so that explains a bit of oddness at the beginning but it does just fine as a stand alone. This was a fun quick read, not any real substance, but the writing was engaging and it was a fun twist on an after fairy tale story. I'll be checking out some of her other works. It was clean other than the guy thinking he'd like to see her naked a couple times. Definitely could have been left out but at least it wasn't more detailed than that.
Diana
Emma, the original Sleeping Beauty, has managed to overcome her thousand-year sleep and live somewhat normally until two disastrous things occur: her magic comes early, and her new boss, Michael, is sexy enough to tempt another thousand-year sleep.

A much better story than its prequel. Emma is charming although a little immature and emotionally unavailable. Michael starts off a bit of a jerk but is remarkable adaptable and doesn't have too many issues afterward.
April
What if sleeping beauty was put to sleep by a kiss instead of woken by one? And what if she slept for a thousand years and woke in our modern day?
Emma Lost is such a sleeping beauty. This is the story of what happened after she woke.
Lindsay
This was a fun book and an interesting take on the Sleeping Beauty fairytale.

I wasn't sure what to expect but the book was enjoyable. It was filled with magic, romance and adventure.

Emma and Michael developed a good friendship (even though he was a jerk at times), before a romance grew between them.

I would definitely be interested in reading some of the other books in this series.
Laurann
Just to let you know the title of this is very deceiving. Don't chalk it up for one of those kissing every minute book. It is a romance, but you wounldn't recognize it as one from the first 3/4s of the book. I think it only has one kissing scene in the whole book. It's a fantasy (I love fantasy). So just ignore the cover and title and enjoy.
Cindy
I've bee reading this series - light and funny fantasies - lots of sexual tension but not a whole lot of sex. They made me laugh.

• 6 TOTALLY SPELLBOUND

• 5 ABSOLUTELY CAPTIVATED

• 4 SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE

• 3 COMPLETELY SMITTEN

• 2 THOROUGHLY KISSED

• 1 UTTERLY CHARMING
  • Chase Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2)
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)
  • Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half (Beau Monde, #2)
  • Believe It or Not
  • Teacher Plus Two (In the Eyes, #2)
  • Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)
  • Magic Gone Wild (Bottled Magic #3)
  • One More Summer
  • Icebound
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • Lessons After Dark (Englefield, #2)
  • The Morgue the Merrier
  • A Midwinter Fantasy (Strangely Beautiful, #2.5) (Sylph, #2.5) (The Magic Knot, #3)
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • First Watch

Fates (8 books)
  • Utterly Charming (Fates, #1)
  • Completely Smitten (Fates #3)
  • Simply Irresistible (Fates #4)
  • Absolutely Captivated (Fates #5)
  • Totally Spellbound (Fates #6)
  • Wickedly Charming (Fates #7)
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
Utterly Charming (Fates, #1) Wickedly Charming (Fates #7) Completely Smitten (Fates #3) Simply Irresistible (Fates #4) Absolutely Captivated (Fates #5)