Start by marking “Radical Gratitude: Discovering Joy Through Everyday Thankfulness” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Radical Gratitude: Dis...

Ellen Vaughn

Radical Gratitude: Discovering Joy Through Everyday Thankfulness

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Happily, developing a habitually grateful heart is not a discipline to be mastered or another reason to feel guilty and stressed. A grateful heart is a gift of grace. This book is not about seven quick steps to spiritual power. The author has found, over and over, that the rhythm of real divine renewal beats in the pulse of a grateful human heart.
ebook
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Radical Gratitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Radical Gratitude

Janna
The premise of this book is excellent - extreme thankfulness for all we have in Christ. I enjoyed the storytelling style, especially considering they were mostly true stories!

But I couldn't shake the unease of being told to be thankful OR ELSE. While the author brushed up against the immense grace and love of God, her description of our motivation for gratitude was obedience. We've received so much from Him, we better obey His commands and be thankful in all things.

I was hoping to catch a bigger
Nina
This book came very highly recommended to me, and didn't live up to my expectations of it. Funny how some books are exactly right for one person and just okay for others.
The author tells many stories, which I enjoyed and felt they really helped drive home the points the author was trying to make. But at the end of each story I found myself a little bored going back to point.
I appreciate and agree with the explicitly gospel centered motive for gratitude explained in the book.
I guess I have not
Go2therock
This is a wonderful book full of personal illustrations drawn from the life of both the author, the lives of those she's met, and the scriptures. You will be encouraged and drawn towards focusing upon the One from whose hand all things come.

I love reading books which help me to focus on living a life of simplicity, contentment, and gratitude. This one is on the shelf now.
Faith
Didn't read enough to say anything.
Carrie
Pretty repetative, but good message.
Sue Birch
Sue Birch is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Joseph Wahlsmith
Joseph Wahlsmith marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Leslie Kelsie-Grubbs
Leslie Kelsie-Grubbs marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Jenni Fulton
Jenni Fulton marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Lashani
Lashani marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jodi Beatty
Jodi Beatty marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Coty
Coty marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Manu T.
Manu T. marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Katrena Patterson
Katrena Patterson is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Kajsa
Kajsa added it
Dec 14, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Sasha Lindberg
Sasha Lindberg marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Strand Come, Sit, Stay: An Invitation to Deeper Life in Christ Come to Rest: An Invitation to Deeper Life in Christ The God Who Hung on the Cross (How God Uses Ordinary People To Build His Church) Come, Sit, Stay