Start by marking “My Body Lies Over The Ocean (Sarah Deane Mystery, #9)” as Want to Read:
My Body Lies Over The Ocean (Sarah Deane Mystery, #9)

My Body Lies Over The Ocean (Sarah Deane Mystery #9)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  4 reviews
New England English teacher Sarah Deane, with husband Alex and feisty Aunt Julia in tow, is getting ready to board the Queen Victoria for a luxurious transatlantic cruise. But before they even set sail, two passengers are killed-- both members of the British-American trade commission. Now Sarah must wade through a sea of peculiar passengers and quirky crew members to find ...more
Published January 15th 2000 by Minotaur Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about My Body Lies Over The Ocean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Body Lies Over The Ocean

Susan
Apparently I missed this when it came out. Sarah Deane, her husband Alex, and her feisty aunt Julia are taking a ship's maiden voyage home to Maine from Europe. Despite Alex's warnings to stay out of trouble, Sarah can't help noticing some very strange characters on board. There are the cousins who planned the trip to have some visiting time, but who will talk to anyone else in preference to each other and the drunk who seems to avoid unpleasant incidents. Sarah's investigations threaten her own ...more
Roberta
I chose this book for two reasons: the title (Kristie would get that) and because it takes place on a cruise ship. I'm rather dense when it comes to mysteries. Either I don't get the clues OR the plot is too predictable and seems lame, as was the case here. It felt contrived. Anyway, I finished it.
Katiekins
Very serviceable little cozy, set on a cruise ship. The actual motive for murder may not have made a whole lot of sense, and at times the plot warbled inanely along, but worth reading for the comfort, lack of blood, and adequately amusing hijinks.
Homerun2
3.5 stars Entertaining series, likable characters
Nicole Landry
Nicole Landry marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Delores Alger
Delores Alger marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Douglas Carter
Douglas Carter marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Mitchbuchan24yahoo.com
Mitchbuchan24yahoo.com marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Dolly Carter
Dolly Carter marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
J. S. Borthwick is the pseudonym of Jean Scott Creighton. She lives on the Maine coast. She is the creator of 'Sarah Deane', a professor of English and amateur sleuth.

Series:
* Sarah Deane Mystery
More about J.S. Borthwick...

Sarah Deane Mystery (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Case of the Hook-Billed Kites (Sarah Deane Mystery, #1)
  • The Down-East Murders (Sarah Deane Mystery, #2)
  • The Student Body (Sarah Deane Mystery, #3)
  • Bodies of Water (Sarah Deane Mystery, #4)
  • Dude On Arrival (Sarah Deane Mystery, #5)
  • The Bridled Groom (Sarah Deane Mystery, #6)
  • Dolly Is Dead (Sarah Deane Mystery, #7)
  • The Garden Plot (Sarah Deane Mystery, #8)
  • Coup de Grace (Sarah Deane Mystery, #10)
  • Murder in the Rough (Sarah Deane Mystery, #11)
The Case of the Hook-Billed Kites (Sarah Deane Mystery, #1) The Down-East Murders (Sarah Deane Mystery, #2) The Student Body (Sarah Deane Mystery, #3) Dude On Arrival (Sarah Deane Mystery, #5) Dolly Is Dead (Sarah Deane Mystery, #7)