Start by marking “El príncipe Caspian (Las crónicas de Narnia, #4)” as Want to Read:
El príncipe Caspian (Las crónicas de Narnia, #4)

El príncipe Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia (Publication Order) #2)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  268,726 Ratings  ·  4,605 Reviews
Un príncipe lucha por su corona, al tiempo que descubre la verdadera historia de su pueblo, los telmarinos, unos auténticos piratas terrestres... Los Pevensie acuden a Narnia de nuevo para ayudar a un príncipe al que se ha negado el trono que legítimamente le corresponde. Caspian reúne un ejército para liberar a su país de un rey desleal.
Published April 1st 2008 by HarperCollins Español (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about El príncipe Caspian, please sign up.

Susan Prudhomme I think you have me beat, Andromeda, although I don't keep count. It was fun re-reading it this time, because I was reminded of all the ways the movie…moreI think you have me beat, Andromeda, although I don't keep count. It was fun re-reading it this time, because I was reminded of all the ways the movie departed from it. Also because it's a better story than I remembered. I usually go for The Horse and His Boy, or The Magician's Nephew.(less)
Colin It is the order in which they were originally published, it was only later that publishers decided to order them in chronological order of events,…moreIt is the order in which they were originally published, it was only later that publishers decided to order them in chronological order of events, claiming that this was Lewis' own recommendation, although this is disputed (eg. by CS Lewis expert Alister Mcgrath thinks it is misleading to claim Lewis wanted people to read them in that order). (less)

Patrick
I read this aloud to my older boy, age 6.

It's a good book, and he enjoyed it, but didn't ring the bell in the same way Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe did. I think the biggest reason for this, was that it wasn't as accessible to him.

The first issue was the non-linear story. Which has the potential to confuse. Later, Lewis splits the party in a way that divides the action in the story.

But the biggest issue is that the characters lapse into archaic, courtly English when the a bunch of the people are
Barry Pierce
Hamlet with badgers.
P
May 21, 2015 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, classics
“Things never happen the same way twice.”

Admittedly Prince Caspian was boring at first for I didn't like the symbolic meaning of the whole book. It was hard to read and that incredible ending nearly shut me out from enjoying, it's abrupt and unsatisfied at all. Although I quie liked the movie, the book is so much different. The pace is excruciatingly slow. I didn't like the over-descriptive narration talking about everything including flowers, sky, and trees.

“Wouldn't it be dreadful if some
Whitney Atkinson
I'm mad at myself because I wanted to read the first of the Narnia series before reading this one for class, but I didn't quite make it.

I loved this story because I love Lucy and Aslan and Caspian, but there were a lot of side characters who I didn't care much about and the villain in this book wasn't so interesting. Nevertheless, a muuuuch easier read than Lord of the Rings!!
Ahmad Sharabiani
Prince Caspian: the return to Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
عنوان: ماجراهای نارنیا - کتاب 2: شاهزاده کاسپین؛ نویسنده: کلاویو استیپلز لوئیس ( 1898 - 1963 ) مترجم: امید اقتداری؛ منوچهر کریم زاده؛ تهران، 1379؛ در 208 ص؛ شابک: 9647100043؛ چاپ سوم 1384؛ هفت جلد در 1368 صفحه؛ موضوع: داستانهای خیال انگیز برای نوجوانان از نویسندگان انگلیسی قرن 20 م
مترجم: پیمان اسماعیلیان خامنه؛ تهران، قدیانی، 1386؛ در 284 ص؛ شابک: 9644178521؛
مترجم: مهناز داوودی؛ تهران، پنجره، 1387؛ در 200 ص؛ شابک: 9789648890877؛
خرسه
Dannii Elle
This is my fourth journey into the fantastical lands of Narnia, as I have chosen to read the series in chronological rather than publication order.

From the very first line I knew I was sure to love this book as it details the return of the Pevensie children from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the most famous and my most beloved Narnia tale. Only one year later in the human world, and centuries later in Narnian time, the children return to find their beloved castle an ivy-clad ruin and th
Amanda
November 19, 2008. I've read these books a zillion and one times and surely I shall read them a zillion more. Because every single time, I realize new truths and find more honor in their pages.

Today, I've read a passage that I find disturbing and quite out of character for CS Lewis:

p.72 "Shall we go farther up for you, up to the crags? There's an Ogre or two and a Hag that we could introduce you to, up there." "Certainly not," said Caspian. "I should think not, indeed," said Trufflehunter. "We
Elaina
Ahhh!! I just love these books so much!! ^_^ They make you feel like you are watching a movie in your head while you are reading every word! (If that makes any sense lol) I love the little bits of humor that C.S. Lewis through in every once and a while like this quote,

“That's the worst of girls," said Edmund to Peter and the Dwarf. "They never can carry a map in their heads."
"That's because our heads have something inside them," said Lucy.”

I don't know why I love that quote so much, but I do :p
Shannon (leaninglights)
What can you say. Another fantastic adventure in Narnia! And of course,
I cried at the end.
Bookwraiths
Reviewed at Bookwraiths Reviews

Prince Caspian is the second book in The Chronicles of Narnia.

C.S. Lewis begins this tale by revisiting the Pevensie children, who have survived WW II and are at a train station waiting to head off to boarding school. While discussing their concerns about being separated, they are suddenly pulled into another world, which they do not immediately recognize as Narnia. Indeed, the land has changed to such an extent that it is only after finding several relics from th
Danny Phanton
Feb 15, 2016 Danny Phanton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Por Narnia, por el león

Me fascinó, mi favorito hasta el momento, me encantaron los nuevos personajes en la historia, la forma en que se fue desarrollando la historia desde qué volvieron a llegar a Narnia los hermanos y sin duda como Lewis tiene esa manera única de narrar sus libros, en forma de que te lo esta contando como si alguien te contará un relato, o esa manera en no ir contando cosas que no servirían a la trama, todo directo y lo que tiene que ser.

Hasta ahora es mi favorito de la saga,
Deborah Markus
It's been years since I allowed myself the pleasure of rereading the Narnia books. And now I have two pleasures in reading these books: enjoying my old childhood joy, and analyzing the writing itself.

One thing I remember noticing even as a child is the absolute dearth of femaleness. I don't mean female characters per se: in terms of having someone to care about and directly identify with, there's always a female child as well as a male one. (Everyone loves Lucy.) I mean that Lewis seems not to h
Nikoleta
Jan 12, 2016 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Υπέροχο, ένα από τα καλύτερα παραμυθικά φαντασυ βιβλία που έχω διαβάσει!!! Ζώα που μιλούν, δρυάδες, νάνοι, φαυνοι... όλοι οι μαγικοί κόσμοι, τα μαγικά όντα και οι παλιοί μύθοι παρελαύνουν αρμονικά στον τόπο που τον λένε Νάρνια! Είναι σκέτο ξεμυάλισμα αυτή η σειρά!
Jenny (Jenny's Book Bag) Baker
It's been a while since I've picked up a Narnia book and I forgot how much I love them. I started reading them in chronological order, but then realized it was a mistake, so now I'm reading them in publication order. I love Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy, and I'd follow them anywhere. The characters are so life-like! This series is just an enjoyable adventure all around.
midnightfaerie
Feb 07, 2012 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Note: Just finished reading this one with my 5 yr old, and we loved it! I'm enjoying it much better this time around. Maybe because I didn't understand all the implications the first time, or maybe because I'm seeing it through the eyes of my child. Either way, I love C.S. Lewis more each time I read him! And I've decided not to tell my son about the analogy to Christianity. I want him to figure it out for himself. But just the other day he compared God to Aslan and Spiderman all in the same sen ...more
Franco  Santos
Cada vez que tengo que escribir o pensar sobre Las Crónicas de Narnia, una oleada de sentimientos y recuerdos se apoderan de mi ser. Una de las palabras que usaría para describir mi infancia sería: Narnia.

Este tomo me pareció inferior a sus predecesores, no obstante, me gustó. Sinceramente no recuerdo mucho, tengo que releer la saga, pero sí me acuerdo de que El Príncipe Caspian se me hizo un poco pesado en algunas partes. El inicio me encantó, sin embargo la trama se iba diluyendo a medida que
Steven Wedgeworth
Some of the best theological nuggets appear in this one. Reepicheep is at his most inspirational as well. And don't miss the fact that it is the bad dwarf who doesn't smoke!
Rebekah Rodda
Apr 10, 2017 Rebekah Rodda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, christian
Such a joy to read this to my children.
Denisse
3.5 After The lion, the witch and the wardrobe, I think Prince Caspian is a bit of a letdown. In essence it is a good book, with a great message but as an adventure it is rush and anti-climactic. Anyway, I still love all the religious references and everything about Aslan and Narnia. The writing is still both great and basic, a perfect child read without a doubt.

Es un buen libro, no malinterpreten. Pero tengo problemas con su estructura.

Fui la única que sintió que el libro es una gran introducc
Amin
" هیچ چیز دوبار یک جور رخ نمی دهد "

فانتزی های دلنشین فانتزی هایی هستند که وقتی سرت رو از رو کتاب بر میداری تا به کارهای دیگه ات برسی ، همچنان ماجرا هاش رو توی ذهنت حلاجی می کنی، بهش فکر میکنی و حتی خوابش رو میبینی. داستان هایی که از دنیای نه چندان جذاب اطرافت جدات می کنه. نارنیا همین کار رو میکنه.

شاید فکر کنید دوباره ماجرای به دردسر افتادن نارنیا و کمک پسران آدم و دختران حوا و اصلان برای نجات اونه ولی همون طور که اصلان می گه : هیچ چیز دوبار یکجور رخ نمیده.

با شخصیت های دوست داشتنی تری رو به رو م
Michael Jones
I just wanted to call attention to what a profound lesson it is when Lucy hears and sees Aslan and the others don't. The response of the others very much parallels the way people respond sometimes when you KNOW you are following the Lord to undertake a certain endeavor.

Some, like Susan will tell you you're always dreaming and go back to bed.

Some, like Edmund will point out that you've been right before and stick up for you even though he can't quite see what you are suggesting.

Some, like Peter w
Kelsey Marie
Although I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the ones before it, it was still a beautiful story. The world of Narnia is exciting as always. The characters come to life before you and you feel instantly submerged in it.
Amber Hetchler
Apr 03, 2016 Amber Hetchler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wow, I loved this one even more than The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Prince Caspian is one of the coolest stories I've ever read. Truly magical.
Aisyah  (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡
So, I'm just going to come out and say this book sucks.

I hate almost every character in this book, especially the Pevensies except for Edmund who really turned out good. Not to mention where the fuck is Aslan???? Plus, Prince Caspian's stupidity amazes me to no end.

This book bores me thoroughly with its oh-so-fascinating plot.

Ugh! As if the good guys wouldn't win at the end and everyone fuck you Pevensies lives happily ever after, that is until the next installment. I know that this is a commo
Peter
I think I preferred the movie version, it was much better plotted than the book, eschewing the book's flashback structure and sitting around for a parallel stories that ran together with a lot more action and excitement. The characters – the Penvensies (who I cannot stand in the books) and Caspian (who is little more than a cypher) – had some facets in the film where as in the book they are totally one dimensional. I don't particularly like the insidious black-and-white morality that pervades ev ...more
Nikki
Dec 27, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If this book is a blatant Christian allegory, I don’t know enough to notice — well, okay, there are some bits which are, but that’s always the case when Aslan is involved. Not surprisingly, perhaps, this is one of my favourites. I love Caspian and his rapid rise to maturity and understanding, and his determination to do right by his people. Even if those people happen to be talking badgers. The supporting cast, like Trumpkin and Trufflehunter, are fun, and of course, it also features the Pevensi ...more
Deborah Pickstone
My favourite of the Narnian tales, I think. A classic tale of good versus evil, the 'true' Narnians (Christians) are pushed underground, hiding in Aslan's How - and very reminiscent of the Roman catacombs - clearly telling Christians to follow Christ at all costs, even to the death. The characters are divided between believers and unbelievers, with a few turncoats along the way - in both directions. Lucy, the youngest, shows the most courage in going against the group to follow Aslan.

Of course,
Stephen
3.0 to 3.5 stars. This is the kind of YA fantasy story that is great to read with the kids as the good guys are really good and the bad guys are really bad. The plot and dialogue are a bit too YA for me to give this a higher rating but I certainly admire the world that C.S. Lewis created and will definitely finish the chronicles.
Daniel
Mar 30, 2015 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jos jedna zabavna prica puna maste i magije. Savrseno za mladje a za nas starije je na zalost malo banalno. Al opet ne smeta procitai.

Mada jos bolja varijanta ako imate male klince lepo njima citati pred spavanje :)

Simona
Rating: 5/5 || Recenzia pe Secretele Cărților

carte cronicile din narnia printul caspian c.s. lewis editura arthur pom craciun

Înapoi la Cair Paravel
Alături de personajele mele preferate, Susan, Lucy, Edmund și Peter, am călătorit din nou în magica lume a Narniei. Însă de această dată personajele au fost chemate în Narnia cu un scop important.

Ajunși în Narnia, aceștia nu recunosc locul unde se află. După ce pun cap la cap indiciile, deduc că Narnia este mult mai schimbată față de cum o știau ei, și încearcă să afle motivul pentru care totul este diferit.

Apariția unor noi pers
All the Books!: Prince Caspian 1 1 May 24, 2017 05:13AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Prince Caspian, by C.S. Lewis --> Starting October 20, 2016 13 4 Oct 24, 2016 07:27PM
  • Knight's Castle (Tales of Magic, #2)
  • Taran Wanderer (The Chronicles of Prydain #4)
  • Winter Holiday (Swallows and Amazons, #4)
  • The Legend of Luke (Redwall, #12)
  • The Tombs of Anak (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #3)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Farmer Boy (Little House, #3)
  • Greenwitch (The Dark Is Rising, #3)
  • The Chestnut King (100 Cupboards, #3)
  • The Lantern Bearers
  • Kingdom's Hope (Kingdom, #2)
  • The Princess and Curdie
  • The Silver Hand (The Song of Albion, #2)
  • The Lost Princess of Oz (Oz, #11)

CLIVE STAPLES LEWIS (1898–1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably one of the most influential writers of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Oxford University until 1954. He was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature
More about C.S. Lewis...

The Chronicles of Narnia (Publication Order) (7 books)
  • The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3)
  • The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4)
  • The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5)
  • The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)
  • The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7)

"That's because our heads have something inside them," said Lucy.”
1270 likes