The Radiant Warrior (Conrad Stargard, #3)

The Radiant Warrior (Conrad Stargard #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  9 reviews
paperback.
Mass Market Paperback, 281 pages
Published June 14th 1989 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about The Radiant Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Radiant Warrior

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Machine by H.G. WellsHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingTimeline by Michael Crichton
Best Time Travel Fiction
286th out of 967 books — 3,061 voters
Number the Stars by Lois LowryThe Pillars of the Earth by Ken FollettA Time to Kill by John GrishamThe Remains of the Day by Kazuo IshiguroThe True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
Best Books of 1989
146th out of 161 books — 102 voters

More lists with this book...

Harold Ogle
Matthew Esham
The third book has some of my favorite scenes and kicks off the work to get to the battle with the mongols. My one complaint is the third book starts off a little slow, but makes up for it in the last third of the book. Still, that slow start cost it a start.

Awesome parts:
-The love story that starts out with Boris Novachek losing his hands. I guess I am a romantic at heart.
-Hell...the warrior school is started.
-Piotr's fight with Baron Stefan. I love the fight and what comes after.
-Piotr's love...more
Jim
This is the third in the Conrad Stargard series, about a Polish engineer who travels back in time to medieval Poland. Like the Connecticut Yankee at King Arthur's court in Twain's story, Conrad finds himself in a situation where he can use his knowledge and skills to jump-start a medieval society into modern times. He introduces the steam engine and a cloth factory and-with the help of a Muslim alchemist--gunpowder and guns.
It seems to me he gets too much support from local lords and churchmen...more
John
Great series on to the next
Bryan457
I love books that take a character and move him out of his time and place such as A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, or The Chronicles of Narnia. This is one of my favorites. I love the world building. I could do without all the sex with nubile young women, but I'm not offended by it.
Time for Conrad to get a modern army and weapons put together. The mongols will be overrunning Poland very soon.
Bill
Third book in the Baen omnibus ebook edition Conrad Stargard: The Radiant Warrior.
Stranded in 13th century Poland, Conrad uses his 20th century engineering know-how to prepare the Poles for the Mongol invasion. Humor and danger are frequent as Conrad does his best to adapt to the times and make the culture a little more egalitarian.
Matt
I actually find the stripclubs less believable than the genetically engineered horse that has the intelligence of a human and reproduces asexually on-demand. Even so, this was as enjoyable as the first 2 books. My favorite part was how he started building the army by putting medieval riff-raff through boot camp.
Dan
This one had a bit less plot than the previous books -- the dude spent three hundred pages talking about all his awesome engineering projects and then the book ended. There was a side plot with his accountant which was sort of alarmingly misogynistic.
Fatbaldguy60
My favorite time travel books/series ever.
Ben Fried-lee
Ben Fried-lee marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
  • Thrice Upon a Time
  • The CSS Anthology
  • Agent of the Terran Empire (Flandry, #3)
  • The Valley-Westside War (Crosstime Traffic, #6)
  • The Devil's Horsemen: The Mongol Invasion of Europe
  • Ripping Time (Time Scout, #3)
  • A Deeper Blue (Paladin of Shadows, #5)
  • Distant Thunders (Destroyermen, #4)
  • The Albino Knife (Matador, #6)
  • Janissaries: Clan and Crown (Janissaries, #2)
  • Chronospace
  • Discover Your Genius: How to Think Like History's Ten Most Revolutionary Minds
  • 1634: The Galileo Affair (Assiti Shards, #3)
  • Millennium
  • Helm
The Cross-Time Engineer (Conrad Stargard, #1) The High-Tech Knight (Conrad Stargard, #2) The Flying Warlord (Conrad Stargard, #4) Lord Conrad's Lady (Conrad Stargard, #5) Conrad's Quest for Rubber (Conrad Stargard, #6)