Start by marking “A Love for all Seasons (The Graistan Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Love for all Seasons (The Graistan Chronicles, #5)

A Love for all Seasons (The Graistan Chronicles #5)

A handsome apprentice falls in love with his master's breathtaking daughter, a young woman promised to another. The conflict between honor, duty and undeniable love slices with a razor's edge, bringing them ever closer to disaster, and bringing the reader back for more.

Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published December 1st 1996 by Topaz

To ask other readers questions about A Love for all Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Love for all Seasons

Pamela(AllHoney)
Johanna of Stanrudde is the daughter of the spice merchant. She was promised to Katel in marriage since she was very young. When her father, Walter, brings young Robert of Blacklea home to work for him, Johanna and Robert become friends and Katel gets jealous. Eventually, Johanna and Robert develop a love between them but for reasons I won't reveal, Robert leaves and Johanna marries Katel. Fast forward sixteen years, Johanna is called from the convent where she has been living to her husband's ...more
Elis Madison
This time, Domning lets us explore the lives and livelihoods of Medieval merchants.

Note to reader: Pay attention to the dates at the head of each chapter. There’s quite a bit of flashing back and forth—the backstory for these people is doled out as you need it to explain the current goings-on.

Johanna, wife to Katel l’Espicer, has been dragged from the convent where she’d hoped to retire, and returned to her spouse. By way of greeting, her husband accuses her publicly of having been off engaging
Sandi
Oct 06, 2016 Sandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rich in Cutoms of the period

I've read all the books in this series and thoroughly enjoyed them.
The author does keep a common thread running through the series but each can be read as a stand alone book.
♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥
Feb 14, 2011 ♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥ rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: 3.75 // Action: 3.5 / Emotion: 4.75 / Romance: 4 / Sensuous: 2 / Intrigue: 4 / Medieval Flavor: 5 / Humor: 3 / Tears: 6

A Love For All Seasons is the fifth and final book of Denise Domning's The Graistan Chronicles. It took the author a while to tie Robert of Blacklea, now known as Robert, the Grossier of Lynn, to the other brothers in this series, but she managed to do so with flair and suspenseful interest. The book could easily be read as a stand-alone book, but the reader wo
Ana T.
Nov 28, 2008 Ana T. rated it liked it
Johanna of Stanrudde despises her husband, a man her dying father pressured her to wed. Robert of Blacklea is the man of her heart, a man who cruelly abandoned her yet still haunts her dreams. When he finally returns, it is too late. Johanna is a wife and mother--any hope of love she might harbor for him is not only foolish, it's dangerous. But there is too much passion behind her pain--a passion that matches his own. Defying those who would forbid their love, Robert and Johanna will choose deat ...more
Frankiejohnny
Nov 13, 2012 Frankiejohnny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series!!! It is set in the late 1100's. There are steamy love scenes, but not vulgar. It is also full of wonderful historical facts that are written in an entertaining way, so they don't bore you like a history lesson. The Author even shares her motivation/inspiration for the stories at the end of each book and I just loved that! I highly recommend all 5 books as stand-alone, or as a series!

A love for all Seasons: Johanna and Robert meet as children and fall in love in their teens.
Petula
Feb 15, 2013 Petula added it
Well I'm sorry to say I didn't finish this. Very disappointed with it. There was much to much time spent on the time when the characters are children. That slowed the story down far too much for me. After enjoying the first four in the series so much I felt really let down. This one doesn't belong at all.
Samantha
Jul 28, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joanna is summoned from the convent by her vindictive husband. He accuses her of having an affair with her old love interest, who is now a wealthy merchant. Cue lots of discord, misunderstandings, a plot and a race against time to save a life. Good historical research of the lives of many during the 1100s, good story line.
LJ
A Love for All Seasons - NR
Doming, Denise

Summoned home from her convent refuge by her greedy, vindictive husband, Johanna of Stanrudde is stunned to find her town starving, herself accused of adultery, and her husband plotting the destruction of the only man she's ever loved.

This just didn't work for me.
Joy
Aug 28, 2015 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the unusual structure of this book, and I loved getting a glimpse of the world of a Medieval merchant's house. Rob was a character with real depth. Johanna is less well-rounded, I think, because we get less of her life and point-of-view. I was very sympathetic to her though. This was the book out of the whole Graistan Chronicles bundle I got that I wanted to be longer.
Feb 03, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first 18 chapters were not enough to make me want to keep reading, but I persevered through the jumping back and forth between time frames to read from Chapter 19 onward with my previous joy of the first 4 books in this series. The ending chapters saved the book from being a 3 star, but couldn't redeem the entire book to make it worth 5 stars.
Terri
Jul 03, 2016 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful series

This book brought all 5 books to a good end. At first it was hard to see how it belonged with the other 4 books but end the end it was an amazing story of love, family, and acceptance. The characters are well deserved and easy to relate to. A great read
Michele
Feb 17, 2013 Michele rated it it was amazing
I liked the book and the story. I found some of the story telling devices disconcerting during the reading of the story. The characters were appropriate for the times and Domning research is solid. I loved the twist that ties this book to the other seasons books. Recommended.
Coffeerequired
Good read

I have completely enjoyed this series. The characters and storyline are strong and brings you right in to the story. Will be watching this author for more to read and enjoy.
Juliemae
Dec 01, 2012 Juliemae rated it it was ok
The only reason I finished this book in one day was due to the fact that I skipped a lot of the story. I can only take so much intrigue. It got redundant.
Nancy McLaughlin
Feb 17, 2016 Nancy McLaughlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great historical fiction

This series of books have been such an education on Medieval life. Adding a story to make the history come alive delivers an absorbing tale.
Debbie
Mar 24, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Awesome ending to the seasons series!! Loved every book, story and all the characters. I highly recommend this series! :-)
Christine
Jul 30, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th and final in the series and did not disappoint! Denise Domning is quickly becoming a favorite author.
Beth Hopkins
Jul 20, 2016 Beth Hopkins rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as the others, actually it seemed to drag on a bit. It may have just been that I read the whole series back to back but really the others were so much better
Elaine Mcdonald
Mar 17, 2013 Elaine Mcdonald rated it really liked it
This one was difficult o keep reading. I set it aside several times. It wold have been rated a. But it finally redeemed itself in the end.
Vee
Vee rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
May 28, 2014
Lucian
Lucian rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
cdscott
cdscott rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
mellie prewitt
mellie prewitt rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Lee Barrios
Lee Barrios rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2014
April Munday
April Munday rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
  • Hidden Honor
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
  • To The Lady Born
  • A Knight's Persuasion (Knight's, #4)
  • A Winter Ballad
  • After the Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #4)
  • Defiant Passion
  • Spanish Serenade
  • What a Gentleman Desires (Redgrave #3)
  • Charmed By Knight (The Fielding Brother's Saga)
Today, Season of the Raven, A Servant of the Crown Mystery, was published on Kindle. It's my first ever mystery, set in my favorite period and place in time, 12th Century England. However my sleuth, Sir Faucon de Ramis, is no ordinary knight. For those of you who have read my Seasons Series, you'll be meeting some old friends in the upcoming books. You see, Faucon (Pery to his family) is the ...more
More about Denise Domning...

The Graistan Chronicles (5 books)
  • Winter's Heat (The Graistan Chronicles, #1)
  • Summer's Storm (The Graistan Chronicles, #2)
  • Spring's Fury (The Graistan Chronicles, #3)
  • Autumn's Flame (The Graistan Chronicles, #4)