Start by marking “What Men Want: Three Professional Single Men Reveal to Women What It Takes to Make a Man Yours” as Want to Read:

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In this honest, funny, and straight-talking answer to the blockbuster The Rules, a doctor, a lawyer, and an accountant, all in their late twenties, reveal what really attracts men, show women how to avoid being hurt, and explain the ways to tell if a man is interested in them for kicks. . .or for keeps. While The Rules was an unqualified smash, selling more than 1.5 millio ...more
Published April 21st 1998 by William Morrow (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about What Men Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Men Want

Erica
I hate, hate this book, but in fairness to the authors, the book still gets 5 stars. Why? Because this book has a ton of information that single women (and women in less-than-committed relationships) need to know. The authors paint an ugly portrait of your average yuppie single man, but for the most part these things are true. As a single woman in her late 20s who has been inexplicably brushed off by too many men, I purchased this book out of desperation: what the hell am I doing "wrong"?

This b
Coraline
Apr 22, 2010 Coraline is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i'm sorry guys but i don't think ill ever finnish reading this book god i thought reading phillipa gregory was a huge chore but this is hard work.i mean it makes what she writes sound like a walk through a freash medow.well i guess there's always that one book you won't ever read
Kathrynn
Wow. The book is somewhat "dated" in that it looks to have been written in the 90's, but the overall content was: shocking, enlightening, discouraging, sad, and depressing.

By the time I was finished reading the book, I couldn't help but think men were: babies, animals, users, pathetic, insecure and immature.

What I learned:

Men's egos have to be closely stroked on a regular basis. They need to be told they chose a good restaurant and the food was good. They need to be told they look nice, etc News
R
It's like guiding book .. In my opinion It's no. 1 among those kind if books that talk and relate to the same subject .. It's direct and straight to the point ..Will let u know frankly and clearly who is Mr Right and who is Mr wrong clear ..So u cut it short from the start .. Or even not to be fooled anymore .. It will train u to listen to ur intuition voice .
Sherry
From a woman's point of view and my own experience, this book is mostly true. While there are some exceptions to every rule, this book defines men and how they behave. Provides helpful insight to how interested a man is in a woman, among other do's and dont's.
SueAnn
The authors provide a lot of valuable feedback, but don't read it if you are already bummed out about someone. I stopped on page 167 as I needed to read something more positive.
Rhoda Wong
These three guys are very genuine and honest. You will be surprised and enlightened after reading it. :)
Kathryn A Keyvani
Kathryn A Keyvani marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Krisha
Krisha marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Hamzahamzawi
Hamzahamzawi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Rayana Mourao
Rayana Mourao marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Gurudev Dadu
Gurudev Dadu marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Jean Gourd
Jean Gourd marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Veeviane
Veeviane marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Najwa
Najwa added it
Nov 07, 2014
Lillian
Lillian marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Charbel El
Charbel El marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Marry Me!: Three Professional Men Reveal How to Get Mr. Right to Pop the Question What Men Want