Start by marking “Unicorns! Unicorns!” as Want to Read:
Unicorns! Unicorns!

Unicorns! Unicorns!

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"Unicorns! Unicorns!"Noah calls."Come aboard!The flood is coming!"

The tarantulas terrapins and tortoises and all the other animals hear Noah's voice but what is keeping the Unicorns?Will they come in time?Or will the world lose for ever the most fabulous beasts?

The rich and detailed illustrations by Sophie Windham match all the magic and drama of this variation of an age-o
Paperback
Published September 23rd 1999 by Orchard Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Unicorns! Unicorns!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorns! Unicorns!

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienMatilda by Roald DahlThe BFG by Roald DahlSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  Prince
Magical children's books
221st out of 299 books — 116 voters
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleSong of the Wanderer by Bruce CovilleDark Whispers by Bruce CovilleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Unicorn Books
158th out of 192 books — 161 voters

More lists with this book...

SmokingMirror
This book surprised me by reinterpreting a bible story without becoming overly cute or overly self-important. Or is it an Irish Rovers song? (view spoiler)
Darlene
Genre - FIction

Reading Level - 1st and 2nd grade

Topic and Themes - Unicorns miss getting on the ark because they are stopping to help other animals on their way to the ark.

Curricula Use - Independent reading

Social - It's nice to stop and help people, but sometimes we need to make sure that we take care of ourselves too.

Literary Elements -

Text and pictures -The illustration of the unicorns actually being part of the sea is a great use of shading in pictures to create differences.

Summary - when
Heather
A haunting legend of how the unicorns galloped to reach the Ark but along the way they came upon other late-comers struggling to reach Noah and even though time was running out they stopped and helped each animal board the Ark and did not make it themselves :(
I love this book!
Rebekah Jones
The book was an interesting twist to the story of Noah and the Ark. I liked how the unicorns are painted as helpful. This is a good book to use to teach how to put other first. It does draw on your emotions because the unicorns do not make it to the ark in time.
Marie
Dramatic, lyrical, touching. (okay, I know I'm a terrible romantic!) But I'm beginning to think that I'll try anything by McCaughrean.
Paige Riggs
Paige Riggs marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Violet
Violet added it
Apr 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Marsha Caetano
Marsha Caetano marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Osf
Osf marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Darcy Whitmer
Darcy Whitmer marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Jesse Scott
Jesse Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Asawa
Asawa marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Geraldine McCaughrean was born in 1951 and brought up in North London. She studied at Christ Church College of Education, Canterbury and worked in a London publishing house for 10 years before becoming a full-time writer in 1988. She has written over 120 books, 50 short plays for schools, and a radio play.

Her adult novels include Fires’ Astonishment (1990) and The Ideal Wife (1997), but she is bes
More about Geraldine McCaughrean...
Peter Pan in Scarlet The White Darkness The Kite Rider One Thousand and One Arabian Nights The Death-Defying Pepper Roux