Start by marking “Smile, Principessa!” as Want to Read:
Smile, Principessa!

Smile, Principessa!

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Mama and Papa call their little "Principessa bambina" Bina, and Papa takes her picture every day. "Smile, Bina!" he says."Snap! Snap! Snap!"

Thousands of pictures!

Then "bambino Pasquale" -- Bino -- is born, and everything changes. Papa doesn't take pictures of Bina anymore; now he only seems to care about making Bino smile! "Pooey!"

How Principessa gets her smile back is the
Published July 24th 2007 by Margaret K. McElderry

To ask other readers questions about Smile, Principessa!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smile, Principessa!

Snorkle
I really enjoyed the illustrations in this book; they were unlike anything I had ever seen before and very unique. The story was pretty straightforward I liked the interaction between the parents and their children - it was sweet. I also thought the authors did a good job of describing the frustration that an older child might have when they are not the center of attention any more. It was a pretty good book with a happy ending.

*Taken from My Sentiments Exactly!: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com
Tara
Principessa starts off as her parents sweet only child, the one they dote on completely. But then a little brother shows up taking the spotlight away from her. In the end, Principessa feels better about her baby brother when she realizes that she can have an impact on him.

It's a cute story and would be particularly good for children dealing with a new addition to the family. I really like the illustrations as well.
Dolly
Apr 20, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, italy
Principessa is not happy with her new baby brother. He's getting all of the attention and her Papa is taking more pictures of the little Bino than he is of her. This is a good book about the jealousy that occurs when a new sibling enters the house, it's got a bunch of italian words and nicknames, and it's got the greatest name for a father who's incessantly taking pictures: "Papa Razzi."
Tricia
Different twist on the new sibling book, this title focuses on the photo taking involved with children. Principessa doesn't want to take any more pictures with the new baby until she realizes that she is still special to her family.
Heather
The illustrations of this book were very nicely drawn and colored. The story was okay. It annoyed me that the main characters names were Papa Razzi and Mama Razzi (get it?) It could have been better somehow.
Mrs Bond
A great book for big sisters dealing with jealousy toward a younger sibling. Colorful and wispy illustrations; pages are fun to look at.
Katie
Perfect for storytimes about little sibs & princesses! I think I'll use it for my family storytime:)
Jessie
Jessie added it
Jul 26, 2013
Maryann
Maryann marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2012
Amber Thompson
Amber Thompson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Jul 21, 2012
Allie
Allie added it
Jan 04, 2012
Six Creepy Sheep Six Snowy Sheep Hide-and-Seek Turkeys Six Sandy Sheep Something's Happening on Calabash Street: A Story with Thirteen Recipes