Start by marking “Case for Seduction” as Want to Read:
Case for Seduction

Case for Seduction (The Hamiltons Laws of Love #1)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  20 reviews
"Law Number 1: Never Fall For Your Boss! "Too late, since Charlotte Evans has been secretly head over heels for Jake Hamilton ever since she started working at his family's renowned Philadelphia law firm. She's too smart to expect the die-hard bachelor to suddenly turn into Mr. Right, until he starts putting the moves-on her!

Jake's prowess is legendary-in and out of the co
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Kimani Romance (first published August 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Case for Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Case for Seduction

Kim
Another awesome read from Ann Christopher. This was such a witty and passionate read. Charlotte and Jake truly had some pent up sexual tension between them. Her son Harry was such a little heart breaker and really stole the show. Obviously these two were going to get together, I just wished it happened much earlier in the book so we could really see them build a wonderful relationship together. When I got to the last page I really didn't want it to end. This was a great start to this miniseries, ...more
Griffinyarn
Rating: 3.5 stars

Any author who adds to my vocabulary in a meaningful way is good.

Fungible: replaceable by another identical item; mutually interchangeable.

There were lots of things to like about this book. Dialogue was well-written and the interaction between characters added a lot of depth to what could have otherwise been a one-dimensional romance. The chemistry between the two leads was well-developed. Also, props to the author for writing a child character who actually sounded and behaved l
D.C.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Law Number 1: Never Fall For Your Boss! Too late, since Charlotte Evans has been secretly head over heels for Jake Hamilton ever since she started working at his family's renowned Philadelphia law firm. She's too smart to expect the die-hard bachelor to suddenly turn into Mr. Right. Until the infamous ladies' man starts putting the moves on her.... Jake's prowess is legendary-in and out of the courtroom. And he's never met a woman he couldn't seduce. Except Charlotte Evans. Jake's
Victoria Coleman

" Law Number 1: Never Fall For Your Boss!"
This is the story of legal secretary/single mom Charlotte Evans and her playboy boss Jake Hamilton.

Pros: Ann Christopher has such a way with words. She made the dialogue between the characters very witty and enjoyable. I was hooked from Jake and Charlotte's first meeting. Charlotte was very spunky and kept Jake on his toes. Jake really underwent a change in this book. Looking at Charlotte's lifestyle made him change for the better.

Cons: I felt like ther
Hsiau Wei
THis is a story about Charlotte Evans and Jake Hamilton, who turned out to be her boss. Jake accidently knocked down Charlotte at a coffee shop and instantly attracted to her. However, he have no idea about her at all eventhough she have been working at his firm for 2 years. Charlotte, on the other hand, is not ready for relationship as she have enough in her hand to handle: Harry, her son and her sick mother besides juggling a job and part time studying.

I like the storyline alot especially the
Marilyn Diamond
I think I want to read more about the Hamiltons after reading this novel. So therefore I am going to search for the trilogy.

I love this author and want to read all of her work. Such a easy read. Summer time love.

I want to meet a Jake (anyone) and fall in love again. Charlotte Evans was so naive but to watch her fall in love with the idea of a fairytale life was great.
Toni
Charlotte Evans is the epitome of the stressed, overworked, single mom. She is raising her two-year-old son, Harry, with modest support from his father, nursing her mother through health challenges, going to law school part-time, and working in the typing pool of the law firm of Hamilton, Hamilton and Clark. Chance meetings in Starbucks and in the reception area of the firm put Charlotte on the radar of partner Jake Hamilton.

Known to be a renowned playboy (aren't they always?), Jake is not prep
Patriciaw
I never noticed before how many of Ann Christopher's titles have the word "seduction" in them. More than a couple. But Christopher's stories are sexy and seductive so the titles are befitting.

Jake Hamilton has avoided real relationships until now, but he's everything a woman could want--smart, handsome, rich, sensitive, great with kids, family-oriented. Charlotte Evans has been burned in the past, by a guy who reads on paper like Jake but is anything but. Are they ready for the sparks that fly b
Melody Reid
Really a case for seduction..... She had him gone from the gate....Loved it
Shawnette
I ENJOYED this quick romantic read...Jake is SEXY and funny as all get out...Charlotte is a strong FIESTY and independent single mom...she's DEFINITELY not used to being taken care...but that's EXACTLY what Jake wants to do; protect and care for Charlotte & Harry...and lil' Harry is quite the CHARMER...it was quick and FUN...but it ENDS way to soon...I so wish it was one of Mrs. Christopher's FULL length novels instead of a BRIEF and somewhat rushed Kimani romance...I also wish she was writi ...more
Tia
I flew through this book. It was a heartwarming delight of a read. Jake was caring, sexy, thoughtful, and determined. His only flaw...womanizing. I haven't read many romance novels or adult novels in general that give children large roles in books. I like the way Harry's character interacted with all the key players in Case for Seduction. Harry was a favorite and was the cause of many laugh out loud and uhh ohh moments.

I'd like to that Harlequin and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review t
Dafort
Great book and love story. Jake Hamilton literally runs into Charlotte Evan at a Starbucks and Stars are all he can see. Sparks fly as well as coffee, but Charlotte knows Jake is her boss and tries to maintain a professional relationship but Jake is enamored by her. This was a touching love story and the first book in the Laws of Love series.
Maqluba
Short and sweet:)
Forgetful but it hit the exact spot I wanted after reading the premise. The lack of abundance of cheese that comes with the types of books definitely helped so if you like the synopsis I say go for it!
Kianna Alexander
I loved this book. Ann Christopher has an extremely witty voice that kept me entertained the whole way through. I definitely recommend it!
Vidya Tiru
enjoyed this read - a sweet romance with fun moments and tender ones too that kept me hooked...
3.5/5
Brenda
Great read. Loved it and can't wait to start the 2nd to this series (The Hamiltons Laws of Love).
Nikita Isaac
Loved this book. Can't wait to read the others in this series.
Patrice
I loved the story line, but it did leave me wanting more... :-)
Kimberly
Such a sweet story. Harry was my favorite.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Hamiltons: Laws of Love
Devaney Roberts
Devaney Roberts marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 20, 2015
Brittanynicole
Brittanynicole marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Candelaria
Candelaria marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A recovering lawyer, Ann Christopher was first published in 2006 and is the author of 18 contemporary romance novels, 5 novellas and a tragically bad starter novel that will forever remain under her bed, where it belongs. She’s also written a young adult novel that will be available very soon.

When she’s not writing or communing with her readers on her Facebook page, AuthorAnnChristopher, Ann like
More about Ann Christopher...

The Hamiltons Laws of Love (3 books)
  • Evidence of Desire
  • Legal Attraction
The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General) Tender Secrets (Secrets and Lies, #1) Seduced on the Red Carpet Road To Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #2) Deadly Desires