Start by marking “The Doctor's Do-Over (Summer Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Do-Over (Summer Sisters, #1)

The Doctor's Do-Over (Summer Sisters #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews

All Ryder Caldwell wanted was to be Melanie Duncan's protector--until those feelings turned into something stronger, forcing him to end their relationship before they made a mistake. But how could he have predicted that his rejection would send Melanie running into his brother's arms? And result in a baby?
Now, ten years later, Mel has come home--and she's not alone. She w
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Edition (first published August 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Do-Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Do-Over

Susan
Good book. Ryder and Melanie had known each other as children. He had taken on the role of protector, watching over her and being her friend. When those feelings started turning into something stronger he ended their relationship (she was only 16). Ten years later, her grandmother had left her house to Melanie and her two cousins, so she returned to St. Mary's. Ryder was stunned to see that Melanie had a child, and more so to find out the child was his brother's. He wanted to get to know her, an ...more
Julie
Aug 30, 2012 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance, women's fiction
It's tricky when friends become lovers. Romance writers must deal with the "why?"s and the "why nots?" of the relationship. Some skim the tricky psychological issues,making the relationship change seem too easy. Not Karen Templeton. She goes the extra mile with The Doctor's Do-Over, creating a gut-wrenching and emotionally satisfying "friends romance" with the elements of women's fiction.

The hero, Ryder Caldwell is the epitome of "wounded" and thinks of Melanie Duncan,a snappy, strong heroine, a
Emily Higgins
Ryder Caldwell had been a close friend of Melanie Duncan throughout her childhood. Things changed once Ryder went off to college. Ryder's brother, David, got Melanie pregnant and Melanie was banished to avoid scandal. This is the story of Melanie's homecoming 10 years later. Good story.
Callie James
I really loved this book. What a voice Karen Templeton has! I'll be sure to be picking up her other books soon. Ryder, the hero, is such a good guy. Exactly how I like my hero to be. And Mel, our heroine, is full of fire and spunk and just the one to get this guy going.

I fell in love with all the characters and their stories. Just a true feel-good romance, this one. Impossible not to come away from this book without a satisfied sigh.

I don't give 5 stars often, but this one curled my toes from s
Susan Dalley
I spent about 2/3s of this thinking it was kind of lame, but the last third saved it! It has a very distinct voice and I'm looking forward to the others in the series.
Kelly Akemann
Good read. Simple easy story of a chance to renew a childhood love. Very typical Harlequin.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Summer Sisters
Category: Heart & Home
Skaistė
Skaistė marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Jessica Hatfield
Jessica Hatfield marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Amalia Zekhat
Amalia Zekhat marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Anna Esque
Anna Esque marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Summer Sisters (3 books)
  • A Gift for All Seasons (Summer Sisters, #2)
  • The Marriage Campaign (Summer Sisters, #3)
Loose Screws Hanging by a Thread A Gift for All Seasons (Summer Sisters, #2) Pride and Pregnancy (Babies, Inc., #4) Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)