Start by marking “Duty and the Beast” as Want to Read:
Duty and the Beast

Duty and the Beast (Desert Brothers #1)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Rescued from the clutches of a lascivious prince, Princess Aisha Peshwah quickly realizes she's jumped out of the frying pan and headfirst into the fire. Her rescuer is Zoltan Al Farouk bin Shamal--an unashamed barbarian!--who must marry Aisha himself to ensure he is crowned king.
Commanding, stern and brutally attractive, Zoltan is as untamed as the desert he will be mast
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Duty and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duty and the Beast

Vashti
This book was an okay read for me.Could not really connect with Sheikh Zoltan and Princess Aisha at all.Zoltan rescues Aisha at the beginning of the book from his evil half brother,Mustafa{I am seriously thinking Lion King evil here}Anyways,in order to become king,one of the brothers had to marry her,hence the reason she was kidnapped.Zoltan of course rescues her and takes her back to the palace where the are to be married.Aisha comes across as a really spoiled brat for most of the book,fighting ...more
Dalia
The story was promising, The writing style was superb. I would have liked this book better if not for Zoltan , he was an obnoxious hero, arrogant, self centred, judgmental, inconsiderate. The list is long. Aisha was strong & not afraid to speak her mind, she maintained an air of dignity. However the time of the story was too short ( the story takes place in less than a week ) so naturally the development of their love was not convincing. Aisha kept repeating "i hate you" & once they made ...more
willaful
This "captured by the sheikh" story has an unexpected freshness. Princess Aisha is ready when mercenaries break in to rescue her from a kidnapping -- of course her father would arrange it. But her satisfaction soon turns to disbelief and horror: one of the barbaric "mercenaries" is actually the heir to a neighboring Arab kingdom and he rescued her from a forced marriage only to force one on her himself.

Aisha is convinced by her father that it's her duty to marry Zoltan, but she doesn't have to l
Tanya Mayes
Really enjoyed reading this book. Started this morning and I'm finished already. Zoltan&Aisha really good couple. Sometimes duty must come first. But as always love conquers all.
Susanna Carr
Princess Aisha has been kidnapped but she knows her father would send someone to rescue her. She just wished it wasn’t a barbarian who doesn’t know how to treat a princess.

It turns out that her rescuer is Zoltan, a sheikh who must marry Aisha to rule his kingdom. Aisha fights this arrangement every step of the way. She wants to have a choice in who she marries but everyone expects her to sacrifice her personal happiness and perform her duty.

Zoltan isn’t that thrilled with the idea of having a sp
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Aisha who was rescued by Zoltan only to know that she is to marry him in few days time. Being a strong willed Jemayan Princess, she was adamant to submit to his order but reluctantly relented when she found out that she have no choice; marrying Zoltan to reunited both countries or risk his father being dethroned and her brothers' inheritence. She choosed to marry Zoltan but determined to keep it on paper only. Something that she found difficult to do because of the at ...more
Fiona Marsden
I always enjoy a good sheikh tale and this is a good old fashioned forced marriage story. Aisha is rescued from the bad guy by his cousin Zoltan, the rightful heir to the throne.

A romantic at heart, she is horrified that she is promised in marriage to such a barbarian. This is an enjoyable romp with an alpha male sheikh, a fiesty independent heroine and a marriage made for the sake of two kingdoms.

The interactions between the hero and heroine were great fun and the story had the requisite amount
Rhonda
4 STARS

I was not sure if I would like this book by reading the back but I did like it.
Thier was one love scene that I skipped over.
I like Aisha and would be mad if my choice was taken from me too. At first Zoltan Al Farouk bin Shamal is not to my likeing he is Arogant ,proud and he is right and he is being forced into things too.
But the more I saw and heard where he was coming from and how he grew with the knowledge that he had I fell a little in love with him too.
Mustafa is a character that I
Lily

Review originally featured on Bookluvrs Haven

I know this read is a little out of genre norm of YA and zombie fiction that has been the ongoing theme lately on the blog, but I really needed a little quick, escape read. One that is filled with action, conflict and a whole lot of romance. This Harlequin novel had all I was looking for.

I've read plenty of Harlequins over the years, and usually I really enjoy the stories. They usually follow the same formula; boy meets girl, sometimes they don't real
Jenny
Princess Aisha is kidnapped and rescued by sheikh Zoltan. They are forced into an arranged marriage in order to protect his kingdom from his evil brother. Aisha resists him and fights this arrangement because she always dreamed and hoped she would marry for love. Zoltan isn't happy either. He thinks Aisha is a spoiled princess and she acts like one. There were times I wanted him to kick her to the curb. However she was a romantic at heart and I liked how unlike other heroines she wasn't afraid t ...more
Melissa Maxwell
I really liked the book and it refreshing spin on sheiks and love. Aisha and Zoltan are forced into marriage in order to protect his home country from his sadistic brother. Aisha marries him but decides to wait to be with him until they know each other. Zoltan is mad but can see her point so he tries to woo her but in the process she's her for who she is not who he thinks she is. It ended well with the next books in the series being the epilogues.
Marina Andreou
ΠΑΡΑ ΠΟΛΥ ΚΑΛΟ!!!ΤΙ ΝΑ ΠΩ ΣΕ ΚΑΜΙΑ ΩΡΑ ΤΟΣΟ ΜΟΥ ΠΗΡΕ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΔΙΑΒΑΣΩ....ΔΕΝ ΕΧΩ ΛΟΓΙΑ....ΟΥΤΕ ΚΑΤΑΛΑΒΑ ΠΩΣ ΤΕΛΕΙΩΣΑ ΤΗΝ ΤΕΛΕΥΤΑΙΑ ΣΕΛΙΔΑ...ΗΘΕΛΑ ΚΑΙ ΑΛΛΕΣ..
Helen
This is another great story by Trish Morey two people thrown together out of duty to their countries and their adventure to a great Hea
Fabiola
I love this book.IT really shows you what romance is about......
Kimberly Walter
a really good read. can't wait to read about the other three men.
Judith
2.5 I really couldn't connect the main characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Desert Brothers
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Desert Brothers
Category: Classic Romance
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Melissande
Melissande is currently reading it
May 13, 2015
Ange Victoria
Ange Victoria marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
TRIXIE
TRIXIE added it
May 10, 2015
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Namiria
Namiria marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Terri  Shortell
Terri Shortell marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Man Behind the Scars
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • Defying the Prince
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Santina's Scandalous Princess
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester #2)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • The Secrets She Carried
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • Enemies at the Altar
  • The Thorn in His Side
  • Heart of a Desert Warrior (Royal Brides #10)
  • Captive but Forbidden
  • Defying Drakon (The Lyonedes Legacy, #1)
  • The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar
319441
Trish always fancied herself a writer, so she dutifully picked gherkins and washed dishes in a Chinese restaurant on her way to earning herself an economics degree and a qualification as a chartered accountant instead. Work took her to Canberra where she promptly fell in love with a tall, dark and handsome hero who cut computer code, and marriage and the inevitable children followed, which gave Tr ...more
More about Trish Morey...

Desert Brothers (3 books)
  • The Sheikh's Last Gamble (Desert Brothers #2)
  • Captive of Kadar (Desert Brothers #3)
The Heir from Nowhere Forced Wife, Royal Love-Child (Lombardi Royals #1) Second Chance Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #2) Stolen by the Sheikh Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)