Start by marking “Under the Autumn Sky” as Want to Read:
Under the Autumn Sky

Under the Autumn Sky (Bayou Bridge #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  11 reviews

College football coach Abram Dufrene won't risk destroying his career for anything. He's sacrificed too much to see his hard work and integrity go down in flames. So when an innocent but passionate encounter with a sexy stranger forces him to choose between business and pleasure, the decision should be simple.
Too bad nothing about Louise "Lou" Boyd is simple. She's had hi
Published July 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Under the Autumn Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Autumn Sky

Good book. Abram is a recruiter for his college's football team. He has plans to eventually be a head coach and doesn't want to do anything to wreck what he has. Abram and Lou met before Abram found out he was trying to recruit her brother for his football team. Personal contact between recruiters and family members is against the rules, so they know that it can't go any further. But there is something that keeps pulling them together and they have to fight it. Their only real contact is on his ...more
This pocket sized volume is brimming with tension, drama and romance that will melt your heart. Liz Talley’s accomplished novel contains all that you would expect and more, within a heartfelt storyline of romance genre. This story is centered on the most fascinating character Abram Dufrene who is career driven, and focused on his college football team where his passion and enthusiasm lie. Love is such a strong emotion that which shapes and defines our lives, and it never ceases to amaze me when ...more
Mallory Gaile
I've been a Liz Talley fan since Vegas Two Step and with every book her writing gets better and better. It took me a while to get my hands on Under The Autumn Sky due to various circumstances but it was well worth the wait.

The Dufrene family that we meet and fall in love with in Waters Run Deep is back in this book. And from the first page we're pulled right back into family drama. Abram Dufrene is the center of things this time, when he meets and falls in love with Lou. They have obstacles to o
Not being based in US didn't follow all the hoopla regarding the football / baseball. But so poignant. Cried so much
Hope Ramsay
I just loved this book. I'm a huge football fan, and the author obviously did a lot of research on how college football programs recruit high school prospects. So I just loved the set up and the setting of the book.

But beyond that the heroine of this book, Lou, is so plucky and so deserving of a happy life. I just couldn't help rooting for her all the way.

Couldn't put it down. I was late getting back from lunch today so I could finish it!
This was a good book with a sister raising her younger siblings and the university coach who's been sent to recruit her brother--they meet by chance, before either knows who the other is, and sparks of attraction fly. But NCAA rules forbid almost any contact between a recruiter and the guardian of a recruit. Oh, boy is there angst and longing and sexual tension in this story. It's all full of the good stuff. I liked it. (And the sports stuff felt real.)
Dawn ♥ romance
A really good story that had multiple characters dealing with life's challenges besides just the hero and heroine but too much ruminating like the hero detailing his mothers outfit or the heroine constantly thinking about all she gave up. Abram meets and kisses Louise before he learns she is the sister of boy he is trying to recruit.
Jamie Jones
The romance starts out hot and sizzling, and I found myself turning page after page to learn more about heroine Louise and hero Abram. Liz Tally weaves a sweet romance among the bayous of Louisiana, and creates an engaging story of the power of love.
i really enjoyed this book. A great love story where a chance encounter between Louise and Abram starts a spark that simmers and burns through out the book.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Boys of Bayou Bridge
Category: Heart & Home
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Boys of Bayou Bridge
Category: Heart & Home
Polgara.Raven marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Lystell marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Jill Brown
Jill Brown marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Monika marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Sophia added it
Oct 29, 2014
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Liz Talley
Aug 14, 2014 Liz Talley added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My life has always been papered with novels. From traditional Harlequin romances to epic books like Lonesome Dove, my reading interests are vast. I can't imagine a life without coffee, hot tamale candy and a book in hand. I write romance, but I read every genre...except sci-fi. But I can be persuaded.
More about Liz Talley...

Bayou Bridge (3 books)
  • Waters Run Deep (Bayou Bridge, #1)
  • The Road to Bayou Bridge (Bayou Bridge, #3)
Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand, #1) A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4) Cowboys for Christmas The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend) A Little Texas (Oak Stand, #3)