Start by marking “Cowboy in the Crossfire” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Cowboy in the Crossfire
Robin Perini

Cowboy in the Crossfire (Carder Texas Connections #2)

Unjust accusations shattered Blake Redmond's big-city police career--and destroyed everything around him. Now, all this sheriff lives for is keeping watch over his small Texas town...until Amanda Hawthorne and her five-year-old son come fleeing out of a snowstorm with killers on their trail. The terror Blake sees in the young boy's eyes makes Blake swear to protect him and
Published July 1st 2012 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy in the Crossfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy in the Crossfire

Very good book. The suspense and action kept me turning the pages as fast as I could read. Amanda came to Blake after her brother was killed and her son witnessed the murder. Blake had left Austin after being accused of being a dirty cop, set up by Amanda's brother. But he couldn't deny them his help, especially after they were attacked at his ranch. Amanda has serious trust issues after life with her ex-husband, but she knows Blake will take care of them. The only way that they can stop what's ...more
Christine Glover
I have watched Robin rise to the top as an unpublished author who won the Golden Heart after many finals through the years. Then the publishing world discovered her talent and I'm so glad they did! This story had it all: suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat, an adorable little boy, a luscious and strong protective hero and an equally strong, amazing heroine. Now it's up for a published RITA and it's easy to see why. The epilogue made me a bit weepy in all the right ways. After reading al ...more
Megan Peterson
Aug 06, 2013 Megan Peterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This book was amazing. Picked it up on a whim at a bag sale and couldn't put it down. It has so much suspense I'm sure I ripped a few pages turning them so fast. Definitely a great suspense and thriller. More than worth five stars.
And it helped that the sheriff was pretty hot.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Harlequin books have come along way. This book had so much action and suspense and angst.

Amanda Hawthorne after work comes to her brother Vince's home where her and her 5 year old son have been living to find her brother murdered and her son hiding and traumatized after witnessing his uncle being killed. Before he died he told his nephew Ethan to tell him mom to go to Blake Redmond. But before she get away she is shot by the person that killed her brother.

Blake Redmond used to be Vince's best
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
Aug 01, 2012 Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance, mystery fans
Shelves: romance
I thought I'd try a romance with a bit of a faster paced twist, and I decided to try the Harlequin Intrigue series. Cowboy in the Crossfire sounded intriguing (pardon the pun) and it proved a great read. The plot was well paced and the crime story our h/h are caught up didn't detract from the romance.

Blake and Amanda have a bit of a history and that makes their romance believable. I like that both are strong characters and that their relationship becomes one built on trust. Amanda trusts Blake
Paula Legate
This book kept me on the edge of my seat. It was full of action, and suspense, and a little romance. There were a few errors, but the story was so good they were easy to over look! The book starts off with Amanda, and her son Ethan finding Amanda’s brother murdered in his own home. His last words was to Ethan, and he said go to Blake. Blake was a sheriff of a small Texas town. While attempting to leave the house, Amanda and Ethan got shot at, and Amanda did get shot. She couldn’t stop for help b ...more
Debbie Heaton
Jul 13, 2012 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Perini’s romantic suspense novel, Sheriff Blake Redmond was once a big city cop. Unjust accusations and personal loss send him home to Texas where he take’s his father’s place in the sheriff’s department. When Amanda Hawthorne and her five-year-old son come running to him with killers hot on their trail, Blake swears on his life that he will protect them both. With twists and turns, Blake and Amanda find themselves outsmarted each time they think they have the answers. Fighting the passion fl ...more
Good story. The pine tree was so totally irrelevant to the story--just a throwaway bit of description--and so totally wrong... Why put it in? I really liked the story. But that stupid pine tree just yanked me right out of it. Ah well...

This is a "bad cop" "runaway! runaway!" type of story that just rollercoasters along from one disaster to the next. Very exciting, very good. It's a Rita finalist, after all.
Patricia Atkinson
Jul 20, 2014 Patricia Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is about a young boy who witnessed his uncle being killed and the police covered it up.with men on their trail the mother and son run to his old partner black for help and are being followed.Blake trie to keep them safe as he tries to find out what eathan knows that they are looking for.It was a dramatic end to the story and a book worth reading I really enjoyed it.
Amy "the book-bat"
There was a fair amount of action and intrigue in this one. The plot format was prety standard. Girl in trouble, man not ready for a relationship, major event throws them together, they solve problem and get together in the end.
Jul 21, 2012 Arlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riveting from Page One. I was on the edge of my seat, reading as fast as I could to see how it turned out.
Oct 10, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent story from Robin. You really get wrapped up in wanting to get this mom and son to safety as quickly as possible. Well written as usual.
Dan rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Kelly Hearon
Kelly Hearon rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Jamie rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Kami rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Amber Long
Amber Long rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Kathy Schultz
Kathy Schultz rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Suzy rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Emma rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Liz Mulherin
Jan 29, 2014 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Jennifer Jerousek
Jennifer Jerousek rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2013
Marijane rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Ld Rizk
Ld Rizk rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Cathleen DiCiccio
Cathleen DiCiccio rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Mary Lawson
Mary Lawson rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
ann scheie
ann scheie rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Tami Sinclair
Tami Sinclair rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Felice Foster
Felice Foster rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
RITA Nominee, Award-winning and national bestselling author, Robin Perini's love of heart-stopping suspense and poignant romance, coupled with her adoration of high tech weaponry and covert ops, encouraged her secret inner commando to take on the challenge of writing romantic suspense novels. Her mission's motto: "when danger and romance collide, no heart is safe."

As a writer, Robin is devoted to
More about Robin Perini...

Carder Texas Connections (8 books)
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • Christmas Conspiracy (Carder Texas Connections, #3)
  • Undercover Texas  (Carder Texas Connections, #4)
  • The Cradle Conspiracy (Carder Texas Connections, #5)
  • Secret Obsession (Carder Texas Connections, #6)
  • Christmas Justice (Carder Texas Connections, #7)
  • San Antonio Secret (Carder Texas Connections, #8)