Start by marking “Ice Cream King” as Want to Read:
Ice Cream King

Ice Cream King

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
For as long as he can remember, Lionel has wanted two things: all the ice cream he can eat and the best job in the world-to be a king would be nice. Lionel even goes to King School and studies hard to be the best monarch possible. Imagine his shock when he finds out that the job of king isn't something any ordinary boy can apply for. Just when it seems that he'll never get ...more
Published July 1st 1999 by Fitzhenry & Whiteside (first published May 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Cream King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Cream King

Monica
When you know what you like and want, and are willing to work for it...it might be a good idea to have a clear understanding of the workings of your desire.

This brought up a nice conversation with my little guy on the meaning of a phone number no longer being in service. I love when books cause a spark of curiosity for my son about something I never had the need or thought to explain to him before.
Kathleen Ruff
Tells the story of an imaginative little boy that loved ice cream and decided he needed the perfect job in order to have ice cream all day so he and his dog, Prince, went off to "So you want to be a king school". In his imaginary world he graduated from king school and off he went to find the perfect job. This book was a good read.
Heidi
The story in this is funny and "compelling" enough that it would work for a storytime. Yet that would prevent some of the humor that an up-close read provides. But I think any child of any age would appreciate the humor in a kid applying to be a king.
Cheryl
This is a fantastic allegory for aimed at those who think education is the ticket to Nirvana. I got it for my husband when he graduated from Harvard Business School.
Dani_olmhotmail.com
Dani_olmhotmail.com marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Jong W.
Jong W. marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Carli
Carli added it
Feb 11, 2013
Booboo
Booboo marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2011