Start by marking “Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook for Dummies

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook for Dummies

Dozens of practical exercises and easy to perform techniques for banishing negative thoughts before they take holdWhether you're trying to overcome anxiety and depression, boost self-esteem, beat addiction, lose weight, or simply improve your outlook, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) offers a practical, sensible approach to mastering your thoughts and thinking construct ...more
Published January 5th 2012 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2008)

Be the first to ask a question about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook for Dummies

Sina Homayooni
I was partly interested in reading this book to get familiar with CBT and maybe to use it in my future career as a general practitioner; and it actually turned out to be a good read!
Anyone can benefit from reading this book. This book can help you overcome your daily psychological struggles, be it anxiety, panic, depression or any other common psychological problem. It also helps you accept yourself as who you are, and set goals for your future.
All this, it does by providing unbelievably simple
Angie
Nov 09, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book for learning about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and I highly recommend it. My sports therapist recommended it to me as he has been reading about it to help his clients and I am glad he has. I think healing the body and mind can be done together and is the way I am going to work forwards.

"You think how you feel" - this is one of the first quotes in the book that hit home. I have come to understand that if I can change how I think and act I can change the way I feel. It
Roxane Lapa
If you are suffering from an anxiety disorder, depression, or similar mood disturbance, but don't want to take SSRI drugs and antidepressants, this book is incredibly helpful. It contains various psychological exercises to help you overcome negative thought patterns and behaviour, and shows you how to set goals so that you can move forward to emotional freedom.
Carrie Ahmed
Oct 13, 2012 Carrie Ahmed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big dummies fan. I LOVE to learn new things and start at the root of the subject. This book lives up to that reputation and delivers. This book has given me incredible insight to my own methods of processing and comprehending everyday scenarios and awaken me to how others think and process things as well. Very informative and helpful. A+.
Suzette Heath - Healthy Minds
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook for Dummies by Rhena Branch
Oceans
This is and is going to be on-going and "return to" book with all the work sheets and it's a great addition to the original CBT book.
Bitvacuous
Sep 03, 2016 Bitvacuous rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
struggling with this books style - it's somewhat patronising, the stuff its saying is good and resonates strongly, but I find the examples hit a duff note with me.
Krysta
Krysta rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Michael Reynolds
Michael Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2016
Tyshawn Knight
Tyshawn Knight rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Vlad Hrabrov
Vlad Hrabrov rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Kristen C Crowley
Kristen C Crowley rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2017
ryan eckel
ryan eckel rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
DENNIS J. MCCABE
DENNIS J. MCCABE rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
CJ Churchall
CJ Churchall rated it did not like it
May 30, 2016
Sherri Morgan
Sherri Morgan rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2013
Starfish87
Starfish87 rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Samia Farrell-Walsh
Samia Farrell-Walsh rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Eli
Eli rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2017
Karolina S
Karolina S rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2017
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Hamza El
Hamza El rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2016
Lucy Cooper
Lucy Cooper rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Austin Lewis
Austin Lewis rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Playing It by Heart: Taking Care of Yourself No Matter What
  • Doing Your Research Project: A Guide for First-Time Researchers in Education, Health and Social Science
  • Find Out Who's Normal and Who's Not: Proven Techniques to Quickly Uncover Anyone's Degree of Emotional Stability
  • The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags
  • 101 Things to Do Before You Diet: Because Looking Great Isn't Just about Losing Weight
  • The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-Step Program
  • Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook: The 6-week Plan to Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person
  • Don't Call That Man!: A Survival Guide to Letting Go
  • Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self
  • Voice of the Earth: An Exploration of Ecopsychology
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • The Assertiveness Workbook: How to Express Your Ideas and Stand Up for Yourself at Work and in Relationships
  • The Mindfulness Workbook for OCD: A Guide to Overcoming Obsessions and Compulsions Using Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
  • Love Is a Choice: The Definitive Book on Letting Go of Unhealthy Relationships
  • Big Java
  • Counselling Skills For Dummies® (For Dummies)
  • The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life