Start by marking “Birth Plans for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Birth Plans for Dummies

Birth Plans for Dummies

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The easy, trusted way to develop a birth planAs an expectant mother and parent, navigating all of the information and options for labor and delivery can be cumbersome and confusing. "Birth Plans For Dummies, " is the ultimate resource guide to help you understand, develop, and implement a plan for the birth of your baby.

A birth plan is a communication tool for expectant mo
Published October 9th 2012 by For Dummies (first published October 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Birth Plans for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birth Plans for Dummies

Megan Palasik
I do not have children nor am I currently pregnant, however I am interested in topics related to pregnancy and babies and hope to one day be pregnant. I read this book from cover to cover, which may not be how most people read this book.

I found this book to be very thorough and informative. This book is obviously about birth plans but seems to cover so much more than simply what one is and what to write, or not write, on a birth plan. Mothers today in the US have a lot more choices of what their
Sarah White
I didn't have a birth plan when I had my daughter, which was probably a good thing since I would have been disappointed when she was born six weeks early and all my plans went out the window.
But if you're pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant or know someone who is pregnant, this book presents a great overview of the options women have in terms of where to have their babies, what sort of interventions if any they want and how the early hours of the baby's life will be spent.
The book cover
Sky Murphy
Great book to read in the second trimester. It covers all the traditional choices and options for birthing. For the most part it has a balanced viewpoint. I think it's best read before a birthing class to give the class more depth. Once I finished it was easy to write a birth plan and feel most certain on what kind of birth options I would like.
Jennifer Jacobs
Jennifer Jacobs marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Anyssa Grayer
Anyssa Grayer marked it as to-read
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Joyce Yanney
Joyce Yanney marked it as to-read
Casey Chapman
Casey Chapman marked it as to-read
Kaitlin Inman
Kaitlin Inman marked it as to-read
Michelle Yanney
Michelle Yanney marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Meryki
Meryki marked it as to-read
Tammy Bower
Tammy Bower marked it as to-read
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Arwen S
Arwen S marked it as to-read
Beatrice Reid
Beatrice Reid marked it as to-read
Dr David Gonzales DD
Dr David Gonzales DD marked it as to-read
Pat Drouillard
Pat Drouillard marked it as to-read
Christina Gholson
Christina Gholson marked it as to-read
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Terri Christie
Terri Christie marked it as to-read
Ashley Jones
Ashley Jones marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My passion is helping women make informed and empowered decisions regarding fertility, pregnancy, birth, and beyond. I’m the author of three books: Birth Plans for Dummies (with coauthor Sharon Perkins), The Doula Advantage, and the FabJob Guide to Become a Doula. I also write about fertility for About.com.

Besides the womb-warrior mission, I’m the mother of four children, a voracious reader, a po
More about Rachel Gurevich...
The Doula Advantage: Your Complete Guide to Having An Empowered and Positive Birth With the Help of a Professional Childbirth Assistant The Doula Advantage: Your Complete Guide to Having an Empowered and Positive Birth with the Help of a Professional Childbirth Assistant Birth Plans For Dummies FabJob Guide to Becoming a Doula