Running a Marathon for Dummies

Running a Marathon for Dummies

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Get ready to run the race of your lifeMarathons in the U.S. have seen record increases in participation during the past few years. "Running a Marathon For Dummies" helps aspiring marathon runners prepare to successfully complete their first race, and shows experienced runners how to take their game to the next level.

"Running a Marathon For Dummies" gives you exercises, pro...more
Published October 18th 2012 by For Dummies (first published September 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Running a Marathon for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running a Marathon for Dummies

Nancy
I'm training for marathon #5, the one that was supposed to be #5 last winter got cancelled, so this isn't my first rodeo. That being said, I'm always up for learning something new.

I don't think this book is good for first time out if the gate never ran before runners. Although it says it can be, I feel like you need some experience before reading this book. It could be information overload for a newbie. But, it's good info, and easy to understand. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good biological descri...more
Hope
By far, the best book that I've read on running so far. It provides plenty of science-y information about the physiology of running, meaning that I can trust the information in the book more.
Jake Jeffries
The best book about running for a marathon and/or running in general that I have ever read!
Amy
Lots of good basic advice on a broad range of topics.
Sarah Renaye
Helpful information. Seems to be best suited to beginners.
PWRL
Apr 13, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Peter Tripp
Peter Tripp is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2014
Hape
Hape marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Fernando Agüero
Fernando Agüero is currently reading it
May 18, 2014
Sam Farmer
Sam Farmer marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Gerri Parker
Gerri Parker is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2014
Joao Lopes
Joao Lopes marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Audrey
Audrey is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2013
Trinda
Trinda marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Seasiadh Linne Fraser
Seasiadh Linne Fraser marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Muhammad Sumbayak
Muhammad Sumbayak is currently reading it
May 04, 2013
Howard
Howard is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2013
Running for Women 101 Developmental Concepts & Workouts for Cross Country Runners Running for Women: Your Complete Guide for a Lifetime of Running Anatomy Training Secrets of Running Injury Prevention