Start by marking “Robert's Rules for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Robert's Rules for Dum...

C. Alan Jennings

Robert's Rules for Dummies

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Discover why Robert's Rules "rule"If you belong to any type of organization--from school board to garden club to bowling league to trade association--chances are this book can save you many boring meeting minutes. This friendly guide translates "Robert's Rules of Order, " the essential guide for conducting meetings of all types, into principles you can understand and apply ...more
Published June 25th 2012 by For Dummies (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Robert's Rules for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robert's Rules for Dummies

Peter Krol
Jun 15, 2008 Peter Krol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some may think me crazy, but I LOVED this book! I read it to help me better grasp Robert's Rules so that I could more usefully participate in our presbytery meetings.

I was fascinated by how Robert's Rules is really set up to serve a deliberative body. I have always thought of Robert's Rules as being unnecessarily constricting. I certainly think that there are times when RR are more hurt than help; but I can see more now how useful they can be when a large body of people need to make business dec
Robert
I am on page 25 of this. It is a typical Dummies book. After reading the other Robert's Rules book, I believe this is superfluous. Nevertheless, it is okay so far.
****

Frankly, if one is going to bone up on Robert's Rules, reading the primary source is probably more useful than a Dummies book. This book, however, was helpful in highlighting several things that are good for one who is involved in formal business structures.

The emphasis was properly placed upon using Robert's Rules to preserve the
Douglas
Mar 15, 2014 Douglas rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Apart from Robert’s Rules not being available at the library at the time, I don’t know why I got a “For Dummies” book. Robert’s Rules is brief and doesn’t require this For Dummies title. This book is actually less clear than the book requiring its supposed purpose.
Liz
Oct 12, 2014 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, own
Easy to read and to find the topic of interest. It is helpful to have Robert's Rules Newly Revised to go with it. It is hard to say I "finished" the book since I will keep referring to it, but I have gone through it all.
Pedro Cabiya
Jan 16, 2016 Pedro Cabiya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Allow each member of your secret society to have a copy of this book, and you're up and running.
Mark
Jul 27, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice resource when you don't want to slog through the "official" book.
Roberta
Quite thrilling!
PWRL
Oct 29, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
E
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Risa
Risa marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Marlene E Lieber
Marlene E Lieber rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
A B
A B is currently reading it
May 21, 2016
Shaun
Shaun added it
May 11, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Richard Kelly
Richard Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
J MacKenzie Pauley
J MacKenzie Pauley rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2016
April
April rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2016
Brad Lutz
Brad Lutz rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Ginny Randall
Ginny Randall is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2016
Robert Turbyfill
Robert Turbyfill rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Jess!
Jess! is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2016
Deb Brown
Deb Brown is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2016
Patricia Abrams
Patricia Abrams rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
George
George rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Gentle Art of Blessing: A Simple Practice That Will Transform You and Your World
  • I'd Rather Teach Peace
  • The Essential Jesus: Original Sayings and Earliest Images
  • Hoyle's Rules of Games
  • Robert's Rules of Order
  • Terrorism and War
  • The Day You Were Born: A Journey to Wholeness Through Astrology and Numerology
  • Legacy: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Personal History
  • Rambler Rose
  • The United States of Fear
  • The 16% Solution: How to Get High Interest Rates in a Low-Interest World with Tax Lien Certificates
  • The Disney Way, Revised Edition: Harnessing the Management Secrets of Disney in Your Company
  • Data Analysis: A Bayesian Tutorial
  • Cryptanalysis: A Study of Ciphers and Their Solution
  • Codes, Ciphers and Secret Writing
  • The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook: Kauai Revealed
  • The Dance of Time: The Origins of the Calendar: A Miscellany of History and Myth, Religion and Astronomy, Festivals and Feast Days
  • Player's Handbook Rules Supplement: The Complete Fighter's Handbook (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition, Stock #2110)