Start by marking “Siren Promised” as Want to Read:
Siren Promised

Siren Promised

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Siren Promised by Alan M. Clark and Jeremy Robert Johnson will be a signed and numbered hardcover limited edition of only 250 copies. This edition is heavily illustrated by the acclaimed artist Alan M. Clark. Publisher: Bloodletting Press Publisher's Description: Angie Smith is headed home to Monahan away from her dark past, away from her boyfriend, Cypher, who has drawn h ...more
Hardcover, signed limited to 250 numbered copies, 100 pages
Published April 1st 2005 by Bloodletting Press

To ask other readers questions about Siren Promised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siren Promised

Bill
This one is very good and very, very dark. The lines get blurred between reality and a couple hits of seriously bad acid, as Angie goes on a quest to be reunited with a daughter she had abandoned years earlier. Unfortunately for her, in order to get to her future she will have to travel thru her past – a past with years of addiction and abuse that will haunt her every step of the way.

Crisp writing with bleak and beautiful artwork throughout, that really enhances the story and creates some truly
Sam McCanna
In my life I have read and watched many dark and terrible stories... stories of abuse... stories of addiction... stories of personal horror.
This book is all of those, and still managed to leave me with a sense of hope and redemption.
The authors make it clear from the get-go that they have suffered the worst depths of addiction, and that they aren't going to pull any punches with the material in the story, which focuses on two main characters: a drug addict, and a very lonely stalker.
I really don
Rodney Wilder
This book is a startling account of one's struggle against the substances and influences that are striving to conquer that person and those in her life. No punches were held in showing the terrible power and potential of substances and drugs to destroy, making this a startling Danteic trip through one's seemingly infinite Hell.
One of the things that sets this story apart from the many drug-terror stories is the supernatural aspect. A brilliantly crafted metaphor runs the duration of the novel
Dustin Reade
a gritty, hallucinatory trip through the world of drug-use/abuse, family, and murder. Siren Promised is a strange, beautiful novel that uses incredible language and amazing images to burn its way into your head and stay there for days after reading it. Maybe it'll never leave you, for all I know. But that's okay, because you don't really want it to leave you. You want it to grow inside you and teach you something.

I have never read a book that so completely blurs the lines between reality and ha
Kelly
I have just one word for you – DAMN!

Beautiful in its honesty, the plot is raw and creative. Without sermon or judgment, the story reveals a naked, ugly picture of drug abuse and exile. Although there is a very intricate supernatural element to it, it is purely secondary. What you will remember, what will haunt you, is the desperation of Angie, Curtis, and Kaya, and to what lengths they will go to fill their emptiness. Although I should warn you, the intensity may be too much for those looking f
David
Angie is a drug addict. Thanks to her sadistic, drug dealing boyfriend she's spent most of the last decade hooked on various narcotics and hallucinogens. She ran away from the bastard long enough to clean up her act so that she can get home to her daughter, Kaya. Angie dreams about her constantly. Unfortunately, the dreams always end in Kaya's death.

Angie's friend wants her to celebrate by attending a rave. Although afraid that this one last party may tempt her to slip back into drugs, she reluc
General H. Sassafras
Fantastic.

Utterly and completely fantastic!

I tore through this book while at work - the visceral emotion, dark carnage and unsettling events that culminate in a fantastic voyage from acid induced highs to the inky depths of death were captivating!!

One thing that gave a new level of understanding was that the authors are both addicts. (One is addicted to drugs, the other alcohol.) This makes the gritty reality that the characters bring to those of us who cannot begin to fathom the depths of de-to
Karl
Mar 10, 2015 Karl marked it as to-read
This is copy 127 of 250 signed numbered copies. Book is signed by Alan M. Clake, Jeremy Robert Johnson and Larry Roberts.
Jade McDonough
Thsi is officially one of my favorite books of all time. It lives somewhere in my top five list. It's an amazing book about dealing with addiction. Which is made that much more difficult by the fact that reality becomes increasingly faulty the more sober and the closer to home the heroine gets.

Seriously, it's an amazing book with some of the most amazing art done by Alan M. Clark.
Stacy
For such a short story, the plot and characters were well drawn out. It makes you think twice about a lot of different views points. Family, drugs, strangers, love, hate, forgiveness....
David Agranoff
An amazing a beautiful book, a horror story about drugs and addiction with beautiful dark art. So proud to have this on my shelf.
Nick Roussos
An excellent trip into a troubled existence. Reality flows into hallucination and back again. Great artwork.
Anna Evans
3.5 stars really, but can't give a half star here! I think fans of Poppy Z Brite's Drawing Blood would get into this. I feel it is interesting but a but short/rushed.
Josh
Absolutely amazing. Bleak and cold, but with bits of light and hope buried here and there.
widderslainte
It sucked. RJJ's book of short stories was great, but this? Ugh.
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Collin Henderson
Collin Henderson marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
James Fillmore
James Fillmore marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Ryan D
Ryan D marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
David Bridges
David Bridges marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Shane Keene
Shane Keene marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
207866
Author and illustrator, Alan M. Clark grew up in Tennessee in a house full of bones and old medical books. He has created illustrations for hundreds of books, including works of fiction of various genres, nonfiction, textbooks, young adult fiction, and children’s books. Awards for his illustration work include the World Fantasy Award and four Chesley Awards. He is the author of fifteen books, incl ...more
More about Alan M. Clark...
Of Thimble and Threat: The Life of a Ripper Victim A Parliament of Crows Pain & Other Petty Plots to Keep You in Stitches The Door That Faced West Boneyard Babies