Start by marking “Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Crochet Stitches Visua...

Robyn Chachula

Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More

Visual instruction for 300 crochet stitch patternsThis visual encyclopedia features step-by-step instructions for 300 gorgeous crochet stitch patterns, from basic stitches to cables, lace, textured stitches, mesh and filet crochet, fans and shells, clusters, puffs, bobbles, spike stitches, colorwork, and more. Each pattern is accompanied by a full-color photo and a chart. ...more
Published December 6th 2011 by Visual (first published September 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia

الخنساء
Nov 05, 2014 الخنساء rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
مرجعي المفضل للغرز من سنوات، جربت غيره لكن ما أعتمد غير عليه
Shala Kerrigan
Mar 08, 2012 Shala Kerrigan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts, make-it
I love crochet style books with lots of stitch patterns to help me design projects. Crochet Stitches Visual™ Encyclopedia by Robyn Chachula is an excellent addition to a crocheter's library.

Each of the patterns is laid out in both International crochet diagram symbols and written patterns in American terminology with a very clear color photo that shows the finished item with great stitch definition. So if you're more comfortable with written patterns, but want to learn how to follow crochet diag
Marie Segares
Nov 08, 2011 Marie Segares rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crochet, needlecrafts
(Full disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from Wiley to review on my blog.)

I was very excited when I received my review copy of Crochet Stitches VISUAL Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More by Robyn Chachula from Wiley. Robyn is a structural engineer by training and is known for using stitch symbols with her designs. I'm a stitch guide junkie (I have reviews of over 20 stitch guides on my blog and Amazon), and had really high expectations of this Encyclopedia. I full
Heather
Jul 18, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, crochet
Got some mixed opinions when I asked about this on Ravelry. People seemed to prefer other stitch dictionaries better and said that this one was too motif-heavy, but I loved it!

I am not a super-experienced crocheter, but there was a lot here to inspire me. I thought the encyclopedia was pretty comprehensive. Yes, there is a large section on motifs, but there are fairly large sections on different stitch types as well. I think my favorite section was the one on colorwork. After looking through it,
Heidi
Jan 30, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! There are a few stitches that are great for beginners, but this books seems to be geared toward those who already know basic stitches.
The lace stitches are nice, there are many that I haven't seen in other books, nor online.
Their is a granny square/shape section, which is good, but not too extensive. There is also a few pages that talk about how to connect the square, which I loved.
There is also a section on borders, but it isn't a huge selection.
Lil' Grogan
Jun 17, 2013 Lil' Grogan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: handmade
If I didn't already have most of these patterns, I would consider buying the book. Nice variety and presentation of swatches. However, I don't like her method of charting. Maybe because I'm used to reading Japanese charts, I find her placement of stitches off. Some of them I couldn't figure out where the stitches went, and had to revert to the written instructions to figure out what she wanted.
Vashti
Jan 19, 2012 Vashti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the sheer breadth of stitch pattern types represented in this very inspiring book!
Liz
Feb 12, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crochet-books
From what I have seen of this book its really fabulous! It covers a lot of great stitches. I think this is a book every crocheter needs in their bookshelf!
Renee
An excelant recsouse
Natasja King
Oct 29, 2014 Natasja King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my go-to book whenever I am designing crochet patterns. I can't imagine my crochet library without this book.
Bonnie Vasko
Jun 15, 2012 Bonnie Vasko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knit-crochet
Really fabulous book. Tried a few new stitches. Definitely will get years of use from this. I can see using it more and more as my skill level increases.
Sian Jackson
Nov 21, 2012 Sian Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this and the stitch n bitch the happy hooker are some of the books i just read again and again
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Suzie Shatarevyan
Suzie Shatarevyan rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2017
Joanie
Joanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Paula M. Pollock
Paula M. Pollock rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
JC
JC rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Penelope
Penelope rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2016
Lani
Lani rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Amaya
Amaya rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Barbara Worn
Barbara Worn rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Deanna Nutter
Deanna Nutter rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2013
Delora Evans
Delora Evans rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Kat Rose
Kat Rose rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet
  • Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs: Creative Techniques for Joining Motifs of All Shapes
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • The Finer Edge: Crocheted Trims, Motifs & Borders
  • Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs for Dozens of Flowers
  • Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic  Original Patterns
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet #15906
  • Crochet Me
  • 75 Floral Blocks to Crochet: Beautiful Patterns to Mix and Match for Afghans, Throws, Baby Blankets, and More
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • 75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet: For Edgings, Corners, Crescents & More
  • Tunisian Crochet
  • Not Your Mama's Crochet: The Cool and Creative Way to Join the Chain Gang
  • Positively Crochet
  • The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More