Blank-133x176
A Season in Time: Supe...

Todd Denault

A Season in Time: Super Mario, Killer, St. Patrick, the Great One, and the Unforgettable 1992-93 NHL Season

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A celebration of the twentieth anniversary of one of the greatest seasons in hockey historyTwenty years after the fact, the mere mention of the 1992-93 NHL season brings back vivid memories for hockey fans across North America. The last time that the Montreal Canadiens hoisted the Stanley Cup, Wayne Gretzky's last appearance in a playoff final, and Mario Lemieux's most ins...more
Published September 18th 2012 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2012)

Albert
The writing in this book wasn't spectacular, but Denault did do his homework, interviewing dozens of players, coaches, GM's, journalists, and people involved in the game. I felt this book would've been better presented as TV documentary of interviews and game highlights. Even though this book does not merit any awards in sports journalism, it was nonetheless a fun trip down memory lane for anybody who was a fan of the game at the time.

One is particularly struck by the sheer number of historic m...more
Steven Spoelstra
An amazing recollection of the awesome 1992-93 NHL hockey season. The last best season.
Jeff
A great hockey read about the last great offensive season in the NHL: '92/'93. This was around the time when I first started to get into hockey (I'd attend my first Caps game in December of '93), so the events that are described in this book really took me back.

From the explosion of goalscorers, to Mario Lemieux's battle with Hodgkin's disease, through the entire 1993 playoff run, this book captures everything in a nutshell, and does it well. It truly was the end of an era.
Jason
This author deserves a lot of credit for all the research he did for this book. It is also one of the few sports books where I didn't notice any errors in dates or years of things happening.

I wish he would have gotten reflections from more of the players looking back on that season. But I'm sure access to Lemiuex and Lindros would be tough.

Overall I enjoyed this book and would recommend it for and hockey or sports fan.
Fritzov
92/93 was the year i got into the NHL. Snes version of NHL was being played around the clock and we without any NHL broadcasting in sweden and this being way before the internet ages we followed games via teletext.
This book brings me back to those days and gives me lot more information and duels that was unavailable to us due to lack of information.
Dijon Chiasson
Exhaustively researched and well put together, the book revolves around one of the most interesting hockey campaigns in the NHL's history. The writing itself wasn't special, I am more impressed by the comprehensiveness of his research. The many officials, players, coaches, journalists who weigh in on various events make the facts come to life.
Michael Barba
Michael Barba is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Carrie Noess
Carrie Noess marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Steve Chanin
Steve Chanin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Noah Sidel
Noah Sidel is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2014
David Horton
David Horton marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Paul Nickson
Paul Nickson marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Henrik Löfqvist
Henrik Löfqvist is currently reading it
Feb 25, 2014
JKSilta
JKSilta marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Stevie
Stevie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Scott Passner
Scott Passner is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2013
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Bret Zeno
Bret Zeno marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Jacques Plante: The Man Who Changed the Face of Hockey The Greatest Game: The Montreal Canadiens, the Red Army, and the Night That Saved Hockey Jacques Plante: The Man Who Changed the Face of Hockey The Greatest Game: The Montreal Canadiens, the Red Army, and the Night That Saved Hockey Jacques Plante: The Man Who Changed the Face of Hockey