Start by marking “Special Agent Man: My Life in the FBI as a Terrorist Hunter, Helicopter Pilot, and Certified Sniper” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Special Agent Man: My ...

Steve Moore

For decades, movies and television shows have portrayed FBI agents as fearless heroes leading glamorous lives, but this refreshingly original memoir strips away the fantasy and glamour and describes the day-to-day job of an FBI special agent. The book gives a firsthand account of a career in the Federal Bureau of Investigation from the academy to retirement, with exciting ...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Chicago Review Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Special Agent Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Agent Man

Steven
Aug 12, 2012 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Moore wrote with honesty, integrity, hilarity, and reverence for God, respect for life, family and friends. I've read dozens of books written by ex members of the FBI, CIA, DIA, NSA and a whole lot of other agencies, because, I admire greatly what you and your comrades do. Truth be told, I would have been thrilled to do what you do, rather than to have become a lawyer, but I admit I didn't have the guts. I guess that's why I like to read about what I never could do.

Now I've read a book that
Kirstin Morrell
Jan 01, 2013 Kirstin Morrell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about even more than it appears, meaning this book isn't just about the FBI, it's about a life dedicated to law enforcement - including the costs. It's an exciting read and very informative.
Joe
Feb 25, 2013 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An operator who's been there and done that, according to this autobiography. Moore is atypical, as he seems to be a (retired) Fed with a sense of humor. The final chapter is surprisingly poignant.
Roger Weston
Jan 23, 2013 Roger Weston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moore puts a human face on the special agent. The book reads fast with the kind of stories you might hear at Thanksgiving dinner--if your relative was a terrorist hunter and certified sniper.
Douglas Lord
Dec 18, 2014 Douglas Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not everybody’s life can be transcribed into a book successfully; consider the postman, the lunch lady, the chicken farmer. Moore, an ex-FBI dude, has a conversational tone and a sense of humor that adds warmth to his stories which read like talking over a beer, or a long bike ride. Once readers get past his Wonder Boy early life, the book becomes a manly read that chronicles his training. “From day one the FBI was magic for me,” he writes, even at his first post in Salt Lake City in 1984, when ...more
Amarion Wilson
Jan 08, 2017 Amarion Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PattyMacDotComma
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. It's very "American", if I can put it that way. Boy's-Own type adventures of a guy who admits he never really grew up, or wanted to. But he was raised as a God-fearing boy and that comes up in his stories now and then. Not enough to affect the stories, but enough to know he comes from the good ol' U S of A, where football teams pray for divine assistance - to both sides.

This isn't a diary, but rather a series of vignettes in more-or-less chronological or
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Isaac
Isaac rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Tina A.
Tina A. rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Toni Anderson
Toni Anderson rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Zoe Cuevas
Zoe Cuevas rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Nathan
Nathan rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Tea
Tea rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
Timothy Melton
Timothy Melton rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2012
Tessa Hasson
Tessa Hasson rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
aida a torres
aida a torres rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Jean Seero
Jean Seero rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Utahbill
Utahbill rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Bret
Bret rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Ruiqi Hu
Ruiqi Hu rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016