Start by marking “Special Agent Man: My Life in the FBI as a Terrorist Hunter, Helicopter Pilot, and Certified Sniper” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Special Agent Man: My ...

Steve Moore

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  4 reviews
For decades, movies and television shows have portrayed FBI agents as fearless heroes leading glamorous lives, but this refreshingly original memoir strips away the fantasy and glamour and describes the day-to-day job of an FBI special agent. The book gives a firsthand account of a career in the Federal Bureau of Investigation from the academy to retirement, with exciting...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Chicago Review Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Special Agent Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Agent Man

Steven
Mr. Moore wrote with honesty, integrity, hilarity, and reverence for God, respect for life, family and friends. I've read dozens of books written by ex members of the FBI, CIA, DIA, NSA and a whole lot of other agencies, because, I admire greatly what you and your comrades do. Truth be told, I would have been thrilled to do what you do, rather than to have become a lawyer, but I admit I didn't have the guts. I guess that's why I like to read about what I never could do.

Now I've read a book that...more
Kirstin Morrell
This book is about even more than it appears, meaning this book isn't just about the FBI, it's about a life dedicated to law enforcement - including the costs. It's an exciting read and very informative.
Roger Weston
Moore puts a human face on the special agent. The book reads fast with the kind of stories you might hear at Thanksgiving dinner--if your relative was a terrorist hunter and certified sniper.
Joe
An operator who's been there and done that, according to this autobiography. Moore is atypical, as he seems to be a (retired) Fed with a sense of humor. The final chapter is surprisingly poignant.
Zee Monodee
Zee Monodee is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Shawn Ellerby
Shawn Ellerby marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Andry
Andry marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Bret
Bret is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2014
Henry Houh
Henry Houh marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
V for Vendetta Doctor Who: Abslom Daak, Dalek Killer The Fortean Times Book of Strange Deaths Hercules: The Thracian Wars Knight of the Living Dead