Start by marking “Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes” as Want to Read:
Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes

Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes

STEVEN RAICHLEN IS THE WORLD'S LEADING AUTHORITY...on international barbecue. The recipes in this book are finger-licking good...try them all! --Rich Davis, Creator of K.C. Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce Transform meats and seafood into world-class barbecue with the flavor foundations, wet and dry, that give grilled food its character, personality, and soul. Chili-fired rubs, ...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Workman Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes

Marlee
Dec 19, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delicious sounding recipes, just the kind of stuff I am looking for. Worldly and diverse, a little something for all types of people's taste. Easy to find ingredients a big plus! My beef is just too many sections not enough recipes for each. Should be a 2 book series.

Will definitely have fun with it this summer.
Stephanie
Jul 19, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great reference tool for when I'm drawing a blank on what to prepare for dinner. A lot of great ideas and recipes. Even if I don't follow a recipe verbatim, it helps me learn flavor combinations that'll work together.
Bill Corkum
Nov 11, 2011 Bill Corkum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book. I go back to it often. For new ideas, and just to refresh my mind on some things. My edition's cover doesn't exactly match the one above, but The dates and ISBN do. If you like to BBQ. then this is the book to help you.
Heather
Aug 17, 2007 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grill enthusiasts
Shelves: cooking
Once again, Raichlen offers up great recipes to expand your grilling repertoire. The Grilled Cocktail Shrimp is so simple, but so good, the Moroccan Chicken is also amazing and even for our little ones, kid-friendly. So much to explore here.
Mark
Jan 14, 2014 Mark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. There are so any great recipes in here you can not go wrong with it. Some of the ingredients can be a little hard to find from time to time but I can usually find a substitute and it still turns out great.
Corey Ro
Jul 17, 2014 Corey Ro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Way better than Mixon's book. This one has a lot more info and gives you a basic concept idea for each type of recipe instead of just throwing basic sauce recipes at you.
David
Mar 24, 2009 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome is a good word for this book, as it truly is an amzing array of great flavoring ideas. Indispensable companion to his BBQ Bible, and will teach you how to load your bbq with great flavors!
Fredrick Danysh
This collection of recipes cover almost all aspects of the art of barbecue. The first chapter deals with basic barbecue needs to know for both fire pits and gas grills.
Brad Chapman
Nov 07, 2013 Brad Chapman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a wide range of flavors. I bought it for the jerks and cajun sauces because my family is from New Orleans.
Kelley
Kelley rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Heather Ferringo
Heather Ferringo rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2016
jason myrie
jason myrie rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
David Lauritzen
David Lauritzen rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Darren
Darren rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Gordon Courtney
Gordon Courtney rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Marie S. Doss
Marie S. Doss rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Daren Tobert
Daren Tobert rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Lynnda
Lynnda rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Erika Burke
Erika Burke rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Micah Evans
Micah Evans rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Tom Myers
Tom Myers rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Debi Pollock
Debi Pollock rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Joe Dilley
Joe Dilley rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Monika Lasek
Monika Lasek rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Clint
Clint rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Michael W. Davis
Michael W. Davis rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Donna Duncan
Donna Duncan rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2008
john
Awesome recipes. After making the rubs in the back of the book, ive never bought "premade" again.
Dawn Lucas
Dawn Lucas rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
  • Weber's Big Book of Grilling
  • The Minimalist Cooks at Home: Recipes That Give You More Flavor from Fewer Ingredients in Less Time
  • Smoke & Spice, Revised: Cooking with Smoke, the Real Way to Barbecue
  • American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza
  • How to Bake: Complete Guide to Perfect Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Tarts, Breads, Pizzas, Muffins,
  • Garde Manger: The Art and Craft of the Cold Kitchen
  • The New Professional Chef
  • The Provence Cookbook
  • Mario Batali Simple Italian Food: Recipes from My Two Villages
  • Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes
  • Couscous and Other Good Food from Morocco
  • Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special: More Than 275 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Salads & Extras
  • Cooking with Master Chefs
  • The Big Book of Casseroles: 250 Recipes for Serious Comfort Food
  • How to Break an Egg: 1,453 Kitchen Tips, Food Fixes, Emergency Substitutions, and Handy Techniques
  • New York Cookbook: From Pelham Bay to Park Avenue, Firehouses to Four-Star Restaurants
  • Nancy Silverton's Breads from the La Brea Bakery: Recipes for the Connoisseur
  • Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends

“(Remember: There’s no such thing as a mistake in the kitchen, just a new recipe waiting to be discovered!)” 2 likes
“WILD GAME MARINADE WITH JUNIPER AND GIN The year was 1976; the place, the La Varenne cooking school in Paris. A nice Jewish guy from Baltimore (yours truly) was about to have his first taste of wild game. Our instructor, Chef Fernand Chambrette, had secured a haunch of wild boar, and he prepared a traditional marinade of red wine and juniper berries to heighten its gamy flavor. A shot of gin reinforced the woodsy flavor of the juniper. If I’d known game could be this good, I would have tried it a lot sooner. You’ll be amazed by the power of this simple marinade to turn tame supermarket pork, beef, and even lamb into “wild” game. 3 cups dry red wine ½ cup balsamic vinegar ½ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons gin 1 medium onion, thinly sliced 1 carrot, thinly sliced 1 rib celery, thinly sliced 2 cloves garlic, flattened with the side of a cleaver” 0 likes