Start by marking “The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God” as Want to Read:
The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God

The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God

Stormie Omartian inspires readers to open their lives to the prayer that changes everything--the prayer of praise to God. This bestselling look at prayer and worship has a fresh cover for a new audience.

Intimate conversations with God often focus on immediate needs, concern for others, and direction regarding His will, but praise requires believers to look beyond themselve
Published February 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Prayer That Changes Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prayer That Changes Everything

Kit
May 07, 2008 Kit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to grow in their prayer life and become a worshipper of God daily
Recommended to Kit by: A friend who is a living breathing scripture pray-er
15 reasons to praise God and 15 circumstances for praise. This book gives Biblical insight into the power of Praise a Prayer that changes everything. I welcome her insight, encouragement and perspective. She gives questions for further study, and Scriptures that focus your attention along with stories and teaching which make her points. It is easy to read and use as a daily devotion.
Feb 27, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: THE PRAYER THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING
Author: Stormie Omartian
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
2004
ISBN: 978-0-7369-4750-3
Genre: Inspirational/prayer/Christian Life

One of the most wonderful thing about God is that He loves to hear our praises. According to Ms. Omartian, He lives in our praises. Even though God is always with us, and we are never alone, when we worship Him, then He comes to dwell with us in power.

When we praise God, something changes within you, or about your circumstances.
Rhonda Cozart
Feb 16, 2014 Rhonda Cozart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was phenomenal. I loved it from the very first few pages. Stormie begins by sharing sher heart, in the days before she came to know God. She shares her life growing up and the stigma attached to mental illness, as her Mother battled this awful disease, but at the time it was swept under the rug. She shares her experiences that led her to find God and about letting God take control of her life, and the things she had tried deseperately to control. After coming to Jack Hayford's church, ...more
Christine Roberts
This was the first Christian book I read after becoming a Christian. I am the only believer in my family. Through her book, Stormie Omartian provided the support and wisdom I was lacking in understanding how to grow as a Christian. I quickly finished this book and have read multiple other writings by Stormie Omartian. Blessed to have her inspiration and guidance in abundance!
Ruth
Nov 19, 2012 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book on prayer. Stormie Omartian really has an amazing prayer ministry. This book is honest and thoughtfully written, and gives the reader the opportunity to research the prayer issue further with suggestion for Bible study. The book is easy to understand.
Linda
Jan 19, 2017 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive read and enjoyed many of Stormie Omartian's works and she always gets me praying and thinking. Her insights are powerful as she shares her experiences and her own prayer life. All of Stormie's books are "re-readable worthy." Once may not be enough. As I've read this work, I felt the love and hope for those I care about. My perspective changes as does my prayer life all for the better. Mrs Omartian, I would so like me to meet you.
Jessica Fitzpatrick
If times are bad, it's the only thing you can do. Look up and say thank you. It changes your inner perspective even if the outer appearance of things is awful.
Blue Rose
This could have been a really great study but for three things: whomever edited could have done a much better/more thorough job, the book really dragged on and most likely should have been split into a series of two or three books, and most importantly, her verse selections were many times taken unnecessarily out of their context, from as little as two surrounding verses to as much as six or ten. For the newer believers they really need that context to help them understand what's going on. Other ...more
Dick
Aug 03, 2009 Dick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was given to Shari and myself as a Christmas gift. It is outstanding - lots of perspectives on praying, when, how and how to praise God and why we do and should do that. It shows the way in terms of growing closer to HIM. As we get closer, we want to be more and more like HIM. Lots of Bible verse references, too. That is part of why it took me so long to read it - and I did not look up 100% of them,either. The author has been through some challenges in her life - the sharing of those e ...more
Dawn
Feb 02, 2015 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hands down my favorite book by Stormie Omartian. As all her books are, this is nicely organized and laid out. The focus on Praise directed toward God in every circumstance is practical meat for Christians- and this book serves it up well. Consider it a kind of "Playbook for Praising God". Christians would do well to read and practically apply. Useful, well written, an excellent resource for prayer devotional time. I would strongly consider using this in ministry with a group. Excellent! ...more
Shannon
Dec 03, 2008 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent devotional book for men or women! It is heartfelt, indepth, full of the Word, and inspiring. It really made me think about a lot of things and the follow-up questions were thought provoking and life changing.
Aug 25, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really helped me see and think about the importance of worshipping God. Read half straight-through on vacation and the rest devotional-style, in little bits. So much highlighting and underlining, I will be referring back to this quite often. Good stuff!
 Gloria Maria  Vazquez
Loved Stormie's book on the power of praise, and how it affects our lives. I used the book each day as a devotional. Each chapter ends with bible passages to look up and questions to answer. Excellent!
Holly Poe
Apr 30, 2016 Holly Poe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was truly inspired! Stormie was transparent in sharing her past and eloquent in teaching how to pray through praise and worship. The prayers at the end of each day's reading brought me closer to God and the questions were thought provoking. A must read!
Cindy
Sep 28, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there is a secret to living life, this is it. Stormie guides the reader through establishing a habit of worship and praise of God the Father, the only way to live a joyful life.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
This book has been a tremendous blessing during a tough period in my life. Very inspirational. Worth reading.
Alison
Aug 22, 2011 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am always reading this book. It is an excellent guide to the power of praising God, and a great devotional. I always have a spare copy at hand to give away!
Jules Ryszka
Jan 17, 2008 Jules Ryszka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book. Since I have read it I have purchased it for a few people. Everytime I open it I find something new that inspires me.
Jennifer Failla
Apr 03, 2011 Jennifer Failla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Using this for a weekly group study--1 chapter a week. It has opened wonderful discussion and reflection.
Autumn
Jun 03, 2013 Autumn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book on prayer. I felt like every chapter had some nugget of truth that I needed to help me with my prayer life.
Melissa
Mar 12, 2013 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of blathering to basically say "have faith" and everything will be fine. While I like some of Omartian's books, this is just too long and gushy for my taste.
Paula
Feb 19, 2012 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a great devotional book, very inspirational! Helps lead you towards a prayerful life!
Richellelee
Nov 01, 2014 Richellelee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a book that has great prayers of praise and worship. I will continue to use it as a daily prayer guide.
Abby
Sep 29, 2008 Abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I really got a lot out of this book. The author has had an incredible life- quite different from my own, but I was able to identify with her.
Roni Delligatti
Roni Delligatti rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Teresa Hearrin
Teresa Hearrin rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Amy Jarnagin-payne
Amy Jarnagin-payne rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Denise Smith
Denise Smith rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Yessica Monarrez
Yessica Monarrez rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Tonja Stevens
Tonja Stevens rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
awesome book! 2 3 Jan 24, 2014 02:30PM
  • The Blessed Woman: Learning About Grace from the Women of the Bible
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • Praying the Names of God: A Daily Guide
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • When Godly People Do Ungodly Things: Finding Authentic Restoration in the Age of Seduction
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • Beautiful in God's Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Spiritual Warfare for Women: Winning the Battle for Your Home, Family, and Friends
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • If God Is Good: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be
  • Finding God in the Dark: Faith, Disappointment, and the Struggle to Believe
  • The Unquenchable Worshipper: Coming Back to the Heart of Worship
  • A Personal Message From God
  • Mission of the Messiah: On the Gospel of Luke
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray
More about Stormie Omartian...

“Knowledge is power!!” 6 likes
“God’s power is not cheap. Just like the electric power that comes into our homes, there is a price to pay for it. Only the price is not monetary. The price is spending time filling ourselves with God’s Word so we can understand the power. It’s praying so we can access the power. It’s living in obedience so we can maximize the power. It’s praising and worshiping God so that we open up the lines through which God’s power flows into our lives.” 3 likes