Confessions of a Control Freak: And Hope for Those Who Know One

Confessions of a Control Freak: And Hope for Those Who Know One

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
There's nothing wrong with wanting the perfect house, perfect family, perfect finances, perfect life...until the desire for perfection takes over. For every woman who can't let go of control-and for those who live and work with them-comes Confessions of a Control Freak, by debut author Priscilla Knox Morrison. Through her patient teaching, readers will learn to...

let go of...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers

Title: CONFESSIONS OF A CONTROL FREAK
Author: Priscilla Knox Morrison
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
August 2012
ISBN: 978-0736946209
Genre: Inspirational/self-help/women’s isssues

Have you ever found yourself tidying up your neighbor’s house when you were simply asked to water the plants?

Or maybe you organize the clothes in your closet by color?

Or perhaps you have to give everyone advice—on everything?

Priscilla Knox Morrison was a control freak, and maintains she is still a work in progress. She...more
IrenesChristianReviews
The author of this book is very open and straightforward about the subject of control. It is her writing style that makes this book interesting and helpful. She starts the book by giving us examples of what a control freak is. I think all women will see something that pertains to them, and maybe even all of the examples!

Using the questions to judge yourself by, you find areas you need help on. Reading this book will show you how to work on those areas. You will delve into why you feel the need t...more
Iola
Confessions of a Control Freak starts by giving us seven signs of a control freak:

• nagging others
• trying to orchestrate outcomes
• butting into others’ affairs
• worrying about things beyond your control
• feeling anxiety about the future
• never feeling peaceful
• needing everything to be in perfect order

While I recognise that I may have a tendency to display any or all of these signs, I don’t think I let these tendencies control me (although I could just be deluding myself).

However, the auth...more
Linda Krueger
Short book that is packed with a punch. This is a book you want to keep and come back to. It is a great reminder to fully rely on God. As a mom, as a friend, as a wife; this is not always easy. This book is a nice mix of catching things we try to control even if you really don't think you are a control freak and helping us deal with those over-controlling people in our life. Thank you Priscilla.
Christy
Quick-read. Author quotes other books a lot. It was worth reading once.
Amy
There are quite a few HUGE nuggets of wisdom in this book. Good stuff.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Meg Le
Meg Le marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Teresa Sanfratello
Teresa Sanfratello marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Angie Tayor
Angie Tayor marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Bonnie Williams
Bonnie Williams is currently reading it
May 25, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Citadel Gürün
Citadel Gürün marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2012
Megan W
Megan W marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Ruthie Lewis
Ruthie Lewis marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012