Start by marking “Saving Women's Hearts: How You Can Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease with Natural and Conventional Strategies” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Saving Women's Hearts:...

Martha Gulati

Published February 11th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Saving Women's Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Women's Hearts

Jane
Jun 01, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medical
This is a book all women should read. It explains statins and other medications. It also offers alternatives to pharmaceutical therapies. I especially appreciated the fact that it points out what particular drugs are for. Since I do not have high blood pressure (in fact my BP is rather low), it is good to know what drugs are for that aspect of heart disease. I was put on a blood pressure medication and I felt so exhausted I could hardly get out of bed. Being informed is essential if you are a wo ...more
Victoria Allman
Feb 08, 2011 Victoria Allman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was first introduced to Dr. Martha Gulati when she appeared on Oprah with Bob Greene to talk about weight loss and obesity. She was smart, articulate and knowledgeable...which was reinforced later that year when she won a Credo award by American College of Cardiology in Washington dc -first award for diversity in research in heart disease - ie women and different races for heart disease.
Her work and words make sense. This book is the next step for anyone who is trying to be healthy and achiev
Patricia
Mar 02, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing information on Heart Disease and prevention! Important for all women young and old! So insightful and yet easy to read! Changing your diet can change your life. As women our bodies are different than mens! I always thought heart disease as a problem for men,yet more women than men die of heart disease each year! Symptoms in women can be different from symptoms in men. Fortunately, women can take steps to understand their unique symptoms of heart disease and to begin to reduce their risk ...more
University of Chicago Magazine
Martha Gulati, SM’02
Coauthor

From our pages (Mar–Apr/11): "The number one killer of women in North America is heart disease. In Saving Women’s Hearts Gulati and Torkos examine the roles that stress, sleep, family medical history, and exercise play in cardiovascular health, offering tips about preventative dietary supplements, diet, and exercise."
Pam
Jan 27, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Disease is the number one killer of women. Unfortunately most women know this. I didn't until I had a heart attack at the age of 44. If I had read this book earlier I might have been more aware. I recommend every woman to read this book and the men who love them.
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Barbara Titus
Barbara Titus rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
May
May rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Phebe
Phebe rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
Wink
Wink rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Lenore
Lenore rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Joleigh
Joleigh rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2011
Sarah Haskin
Sarah Haskin marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Jonvee
Jonvee marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Muhammad Anas
Muhammad Anas marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Ferrari458ap
Ferrari458ap marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Elaine Bythebeach
Elaine Bythebeach marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Thao
Thao marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016