Start by marking “Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring: Take Charge of Your Career, Find a Job You Love, and Earn What You Deserve” as Want to Read:

Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring You CAN find a good job in a bad economy - but NOT with conventional search strategies.

New Rules for a New Reality

Today's job market is the toughest in recent history, and the challenges are here to stay. Even so, you CAN get the job you want - IF you discard conventional approaches to the search. Get the Job You Want, Even W
Published May 13th 2009 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring

FreshGrads .Sg
Dec 30, 2010 FreshGrads .Sg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Times are bad but you can still find the job you want – with a good search strategy. Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring introduces special strategies necessary for a jobseeker to land a job during the economic crisis as well as practical tips in both job search and career management.

Through case studies in the book, author Ford R. Myers addresses the issues of the job market and how to overcome them with step-by-step instructions. Readers will learn how to make themselves an instant
Brian Erland
Jul 21, 2009 Brian Erland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for a comprehensive, well organized, detailed and immensely accessible resource book to aid you in your ongoing quest to land the job you desire? If the answer is yes I recommend you pick up a copy of the newly released self-help book ‘Get the Job You Want Even When No One’s Hiring by Ford R. Myers. The author covers the myriad steps of the job hunter from beginning to end, taking the reader from the conceptual thought processes of goal clarification, through the practical steps ...more
jko
Oct 14, 2010 jko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: career
Great book for organizing a job search. Also great for career management. It gives sound advice and detailed examples of the suggested materials for a complete portfolio. My two complaints are: (1) all of these examples are of very accomplished people with 20+ years of experience, and (2) there are no suggestions for people who are working with less than ideal circumstances. Particularly, it does not address how to approach gaps and it is tailored to people who are currently in a job. That said, ...more
Ann
Sep 12, 2011 Ann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains much advice that I've heard in several other places, but also some good ideas and activities that I will try. For instance, I had not thought of writing a professional bio, but I will now work one up. Also, I had discounted the idea of having someone write a letter of recommendation (on actual stationary) in this computer age, but not everyone is plugged in and not every meeting is virtual.
Robin
Although narrowly written for those seeking corporate jobs, there is great advice in here regarding defining the job you really want, how to present yourself on paper and in person, and the things you can do to greatly increase your chances of getting an interview. Worksheets and valuable web resources are included.
Reena
Mar 04, 2011 Reena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: profesionales
El mejor libro sobre cómo buscar trabajo que he leído, aunque esté escrito específicamente para cuando las cosas están chungas. Le da mucha importancia al networking pero también te enseña a compilar información básica sobre tu carrera y te da ideas de cosas que puedes hacer mientras estás desempleado o una vez que ya has conseguido trabajo. Ha valido la pena la compra! :)
Joy
Aug 13, 2013 Joy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
more geared for super-corporate chasers and accounting types than the kinds of work I'm chasing. but overall, some good suggestions and motivation. not a bad read (if long and painstakingly, mind-numbingly detailed and repetitive).
Kb ♎ ♎
May 07, 2012 Kb ♎ ♎ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book tells you a lot when you really need to change your outlook while you are hunting for a job. Its basics redefined & the author has done a great job to be able to create a urge to do whats usually overlooked at.
Lychee
Aug 05, 2010 Lychee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has some good suggestions for putting together a packet of information about one's career. Hopefully I'll follow through with most of his recommendations. Most immediately helpful to me were his suggestions for writing a stronger cover letter.
Famin
Nov 04, 2014 Famin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful book to help your job search in a really bad market. Lots of tips listed that I haven't seen in other job-hunting books.
Carrie
Apr 04, 2011 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has some good advice, mainly just a good reminded to check things over. Written more for business/sales positions.
Ravi
Sep 25, 2013 Ravi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Gave it up in between when things got hectic.
Cheryl Garcia
Jan 26, 2015 Cheryl Garcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had this book i hard copy and lost it. It's a great book to keep because we are always looking for a job at some point in our life. I recommend this to everyone.
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Gustavo Lopez
Gustavo Lopez rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Michelle Koebel
Michelle Koebel rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Dan
Dan rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2011
Rita Subhedar
Rita Subhedar rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Tally
Tally rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Jeff Santana
Jeff Santana rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Afin
Afin rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Danielle G
Danielle G rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Clara Console
Clara Console rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Isandy
Isandy rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Taneshia
Taneshia rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Tim
Tim rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Barry Cunningham
Barry Cunningham rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2014
Michael Dean White
Michael Dean White rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015