Start by marking “I'm Taking a Trip on My Train” as Want to Read:
I'm Taking a Trip on My Train

I'm Taking a Trip on My Train

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Shirley Neitzel and Nancy Winslow Parker are back with what may just be their best picture-book rebus yet. After all, who can resist a ride on a train? And with words like locomotive, boxcar, tanker, tunnel, trestle, and caboose, the cumulative story invites imaginative play while building vocabulary and basic reading skills. Pure fun for young engineers.
Published March 25th 1999 by Greenwillow Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Taking a Trip on My Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Taking a Trip on My Train

Yuri
"This book is boring." - Yuri, age 4 years, 4 months
Asho
My son liked the train pictures in this one and enjoyed pointing to the pictures within the text. I'm sure an older kid would enjoy it even more. The repetition is fun for kids but as a parent it gets old pretty quickly. Also, it was challenging for me to read because I had to remember what the heck each picture was supposed to be, which is fine for things like "cap" but more difficult when it came time to name the various train cars. Obviously, I need to get up to speed on my train parts.
Emily
Although somewhat repetitive (which is annoying for grownups but great for kids), this is a super book. Each page introduces a new image to learn that is incorporated into the story. On subsequent pages they use the image instead of the actual word so that kids can read the story too. LP LOVED telling me each word when I pointed to the images...
Ky
This is a boy's imagination coming to life before his mom comes in. This book allows you to let the children participate while you are reading. There are pictures in the sentences for the kids to name. When the mother comes in the text turns into a conversation that rhymes.
Jen
This books also doesn't end abruptly, and the last thing the mom says is funny. Some of the words are very hard. I didn't know what a Gondola was (related to Trains).
Tricia
story adds on each page a new picture/word. ends strangely...if reading aloud would probably end when the train whistle page is completed. both viv and em loved it.
Dree
My older son loved this. It's exhausting to read, but made him giggle. Cute cats to boot.
Sarah Sammis
These cumulus rebus type books are a pain to read.
Laura added it
Mar 20, 2015
Chase Adam
Chase Adam marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
I Love
I Love marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Lynn Ayers
Lynn Ayers marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Karie
Karie marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Nov 22, 2014
Megannjohn Goetz
Megannjohn Goetz marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Jacket I Wear in the Snow The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's The Dress I'll Wear to the Party We're Making Breakfast for Mother I'm Not Feeling Well Today