Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Single's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))” as Want to Read:

Chicken Soup For The Single's Soul - 101 Stories Of Love And Inspiration For The Single, Divorced And Widowed
Published September 16th 1999 by Health Communications (first published August 31st 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Single's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul

Amancay
Jan 12, 2011 Amancay added it
Shelves: christian
Following in the standard set by previous Chicken Soup anthologies, this one is as tasty and savory as any of them. I tend to enjoy any tid-bit of the Chicken Soup series I can get my hands on, whether or not they are geared specifically towards me. Either way, I believe that they hold a certain truth in any circumstance, time, or place.
In this serving, you get to share in many stories of love found, love lost, encouragement through unavoidable circumstances, humor, joy, sadness, and more. As us
Shannon
May 14, 2009 Shannon rated it really liked it
Lots of heartwarming and tear-jerking stories. The best things that I am taking away from this is that someone else is always making do with less (money, time, heath, support, etc.) and this quote from page 369, "Sometimes you dance with a partner, and sometimes you dance alone. But the important thing is to keep dancing".
Patti Clement
Heartwarming personal stories to inspire all single people! Definitely tear jerker stories, but will set your heart afire.
Katrina
Oct 09, 2009 Katrina rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Very inspirational for anyone.
Ly Nguyen
Jan 05, 2013 Ly Nguyen rated it liked it
I found inspiration and hope in those stories.
Zulfiqar Chaboi
Nov 26, 2016 Zulfiqar Chaboi rated it did not like it
Shelves: novels
Lots of stories, too brief, lacks originality (for me at least). Better if you read them to you primary school kid.
Jen Jenson
Jun 18, 2013 Jen Jenson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL SINGLES - Especially Divorcees
Recommended to Jen by: Megan Denson
Honestly, I love the Chicken Soup For the Soul Books - Probably why I keep reading them...

Five years ago I had just gotten married, moved into a new home and was trying to enjoy the benefits I always heard about that come with being a 'newlywed.' Most of that 'enjoying' was me hanging on to a nice moment here and there, learning that all I had hoped for was far from reality. At that time I had put a Chicken Soup for the Soul book in our 'bathroom reading materials.' Little did I know at the tim
Melissa
Oct 14, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Now that I'm newly single again and not enjoying it very much, I decided to give this a read to see if it could help. It had some nice stories, but unfortunately there weren't really any I could identify with. But hey, it passed the time and got my mind off things for awhile I guess.

Like most of the Chicken Soup books, this one has a bunch of stories separated into type. In this case its Single and Happy, Dating, Finding Your Mate, Making a Difference, Single Parenting, Single Again, Losing a Pa
Safira Ryanatami
May 15, 2016 Safira Ryanatami rated it really liked it
Semua orang pasti pernah mengalami kesepian, tetapi tidak semua dapat berdamai dengan dirinya ketika kesepian itu muncul. Perlu waktu yang lama untuk menyadari kehidupan ini begitu berharga, sehingga sayang kalau merasa kesepian. Ya, idealnya begitu. Namun, tidak semua orang mudah untuk menyadarinya. Termasuk aku.

Buku ini membuka mata kalau ternyata "kita tidak sendiri" untuk menghadapi kenyataan bahwa kesepian itu ada, semua orang pasti merasakannya, dan akan selalu ada hikmah dibaliknya. Kisah
Fara  Stefani  Putri Arsanti
Aug 16, 2013 Fara Stefani Putri Arsanti rated it really liked it
finally finished reading this book, setelah lama menunda untuk membaca selama 2 bulan gara-gara tergoda baca yang lain. -_-
Okay let's talk about this book, buku ini menyajikan cerita hangat sehangat sup ayam di hari yang dingin, banyak cerita inspiratif kehidupan para lajang, single parents, widowed, atau lajang yang menginginkan menjadi lajang. Setelah membaca, hal yang saya dapat menjadi lajang yang entah karna keinginan atau hal yang lain bukanlah hal yang buruk, because being single we can
Lily
Oct 24, 2007 Lily rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration
i think great books doesn't necessarily have to do with one's status
i'm not single when i've read it and i enjoyed it
single is depend on one's state of mind (i think^_^)
if you choose to be single and like it, so be it
but when you forced to be single (some stories) by all means widows or divorced, their story can fulfill your heart with hope that everything would be okay
Kerry
Mar 19, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: single people
Recommended to Kerry by: gave as Christmas present
I loved this book and is for singles, whether divorced, widowed, recently broke off or always single. It consists of many 3-4 page short inspirational stories. It brought out all of my emotions from tears in my eyes to out right laughing. There is even a story about Cathy Lee Crosby. I highly recommend this book!
Melissa
Aug 10, 2007 Melissa rated it did not like it
OK, so my aunt gave me this book when I graduated from college! I guess she thought that I was an old maid and needed some inspiration? I think the money she spent on it was not wasted since I'm sure the look on my face when I opened it was priceless. As you would expect, the small amount of it that I read was pure drivel.
Verawaty Sampe
Jul 28, 2007 Verawaty Sampe rated it really liked it
Being a single woman doesn't mean that u are incomplete yet, you are already complete the way you are.
Being single doesn't mean you couldn't do anything.
This book is very inspiring for woman that have been divorced,widowed, have a broken relationship or still single; you are complete the way you are, just enjoy yourself and make a better life =)
Meg
May 20, 2014 Meg rated it really liked it
I bought this when I was single, and didn't get around to it until the past week. Even though I am now married, I still enjoyed it. I am passing it on to my single friends, and maybe to some of my widowed friends.
Dian Susanti
Dec 06, 2008 Dian Susanti rated it it was amazing
Pencerahan...untuk yang masih single, ditinggal cerai, ditinggal meninggal oleh orang yg dikasihi. Hidup ini dinikmati, jgn diratapi...piiiz
Jo
Sep 04, 2007 Jo rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Singles
All the Chicken Soup books are special to me, but it was nice to have such a touching job done for singles.
Yvette
May 30, 2015 Yvette rated it it was amazing
I loved the book.As a single myself by choice the stories were comforting and made me realise that I would rather be content alone then unhappy with somebody.
Priska Wahyu
Jun 16, 2013 Priska Wahyu rated it really liked it
buku ini hadiah dari seorang sahabat saya sebagai kejutan bagi saya saat sumpah dokter 18 desember 2012. ehmm, and almost 23rd yeara old, i'm still single, hahahaaha..
DiniDini
DiniDini rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Betty V. Lloyd
Betty V. Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2014
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
Melanie Rach
Melanie Rach rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Stephanie East
Stephanie East rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Magdalena
Magdalena rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Suwaidyah
Suwaidyah rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Ensign, November 2013
  • The Uses of Adversity
  • The New Testament (King James Version)
  • When Fish Fly: Lessons for Creating a Vital and Energized Workplace from the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market
  • Endowed from on High: Understanding the Symbols of the Endowment
  • Golgotha
  • Savior & the Serpent: Unlocking the Doctrine of the Fall
  • This I Believe: Life Lessons
  • Six Events: The Restoration Model for Solving Life's Problems
  • The Quotable Evans : Diaries, Letter and Lessons from the Novels of Richard Paul Evans
  • Be Thou An Example
  • As the Ward Turns
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
  • When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...

“Sometimes you dance with a partner, and sometimes you dance alone. But the important thing is to keep dancing.” 34 likes
“After years of searching, I have found my soulmate, and it is myself. The bachelor is content. Oh, he still dates women from time to time, and he listens to the wedding marches sometimes too. But only because he likes them.” 6 likes