Start by marking “Rogue in Power: Why Stephen Harper Is Remaking Canada by Stealth” as Want to Read:
Rogue in Power: Why Stephen Harper Is Remaking Canada by Stealth

Rogue in Power: Why Stephen Harper Is Remaking Canada by Stealth

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Canada has always been known as a good place to live: a tolderant, prosperous, stable country that treats its citizens fairly and protects the weakest in society. Yet during the past five years, it has started to change into a harder, more mean-spirited place. What is going on?

According to political scientist Christian Nadeau, this transformation is being engineered by Ste...more
Published April 4th 2011 by James Lorimer & Company (first published March 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue in Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue in Power

Bryan Richard
I* didn't really need this book to tell me what kind of a rascal Harper is, but it was definitely a good read nonetheless.
Ronda Zwierz
I found this a little hard to get into a first but I am very glad I stuck with it. The connection to Leo Strauss was a key for me, as was Harper's embrace of Hobbes Leviathan. Well worth a read.

It was published before Harper got the majority government, which gives it an interesting perspective.

Google the words Harper Bush Strauss and you'll get more on the connection. Very scary stuff.
Joshua
Joshua added it
Oct 13, 2014
Stephen Peasley
Stephen Peasley marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
Apr 26, 2014
Thom Barker
Thom Barker marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Julia Duncan
Julia Duncan marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Kerthiga Manokumar
Kerthiga Manokumar marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Liberté, égalité, solidarité. Refonder la démocratie et la justice sociale Contre Harper Le Vocabulaire De Saint Augustin Republicanism: History, Theory, Practice Republicanism