The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups

The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  4 reviews
How groups of equals can harness their ideals passion skills and knowledge
Published November 15th 2011 by New Society Publishers (first published November 1st 2011)

Undine Clara
I read this as part of a women's book group, with people who actively organized in collaborative groups.
We would often do the excersises outlined in the book, and shared with each other about how the content related to our experiences. I think this was a really great way to approach this book, because I would have gotten bored half way through if I were reading it on my own (probably). Someone once described Starhawk to me as someone who was deep into 'new age' thinking, realized a lot of it wa...more
drublood Duro
A very thorough guide to working with collaborative groups of all time. The information contained within this book is invaluable for any group that does not have a clearly established "boss" or "leader" as well as providing good information for working with other people in general! Well worth it. I want to add this one to my permanent library.
Pj Lilley
Aug 09, 2012 Pj Lilley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I found the section on the 'five-fold path to productive meetings' that she gave away as a free preview (for supporting her upcoming movie production) to be quite useful and productive for a broad audience.
Paula Kirman
A must-read for anyone involved in activism, non-profits, intentional community, or any other kinds of organized groups.
Soni Greer
Soni Greer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Katherine Anderson
Katherine Anderson is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2014
Lindu Pindu
Lindu Pindu marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Liya
Liya marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Linda Rosewood
Linda Rosewood is currently reading it
May 03, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Corrine
Corrine marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Porsha
Porsha marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Chris Schadler
Chris Schadler marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Ding Ding
Ding Ding marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Tara Estrin
Tara Estrin marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Abilouise
Abilouise marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Tristan Lear
Tristan Lear marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Margeaux
Margeaux marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Elizabeth Skylar
Elizabeth Skylar is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Starhawk (born Miriam Simos) is an American writer, anarchist activist, and self-described witch. She is well known as a theorist of Paganism, and is one of the foremost popular voices of ecofeminism. She is a columnist for both Beliefnet.com and On Faith (the Newsweek online forum on religion).

Starhawk currently lives in San Francisco, where she works with Reclaiming, a tradition of Witchcraft th...more
More about Starhawk...
The Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Goddess The Fifth Sacred Thing (Maya Greenwood, #1) Dreaming the Dark: Magic, Sex, and Politics The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions