Start by marking “Pressure Cookers for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Pressure Cookers for D...

Tom Lacalamita

Pressure Cookers for Dummies

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The stress-free way to cook under pressureIn today's "hurry-up" society, pressure cooking is an attractive means of preparing consistent, convenient everyday meals. Increasing health concerns coupled with a continuously rising cost of living have made pressure cooking more popular as a way to save money and eat healthier at home. This revised edition of "Pressure Cookers F ...more
Published August 31st 2012 by For Dummies (first published October 29th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Pressure Cookers for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pressure Cookers for Dummies

Ivonne Rovira
The For Dummies books are pretty much exactly as advertised: a gentle introduction to any subject. So it is with Pressure Cookers For Dummies. This how-to manual takes you through the basics of the various types of pressure cookers and the way in which they work.

However, the book also boasts quite a few lovely pressure cooker recipes to tempt even longtime pressure-cooker users. (I've been using the pressure cooker my Cuban mother bought in the Bronx in 1962 until not so long ago. Thank you, Ma
D.w.
There are some good points in this book, but there are also things that should be here, and were not. It seems like the Dummies editors are taking short cuts and not making their books for dummies but for a select few.

The Dummies series was great at one time. Not comprehensive about the subject but it not only got you started, but you would be pretty well advanced by the time you were done with a book. Her Lacalamita is very enthusiastic about his passion.

But he is repetitive and that eats into
Sara
I like this cookbook. I made one recipe and it was just fine. I checked this out from the library. I wouldn't mind owning this, but it wasn't compelling enough for me to purchase my own copy. I enjoyed the tips and tricks sections.
Leigh
Fun to read but hopelessly out of date. Pressure cookers are far more capable than they were in 2001, so the information in this book is inaccurate and recipes would have to be adapted to newer appliances.
PWRL
Apr 12, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Ernest Darrell Loflin
Ernest Darrell Loflin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Royston Toh
Royston Toh marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Yolanda J. Walker
Yolanda J. Walker marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
James Cagle
James Cagle marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Elena
Elena added it
Sep 10, 2014
Hape
Hape marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Fred Tyre
Fred Tyre marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
David Calderwood
David Calderwood marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Brian K,
Brian K, marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
The All New Ultimate Bread Machine Cookbook: 101 Brand New Irresistible Foolproof Recipes For Family And Friends Ultimate Bread Machine Cookbook The Ultimate Pressure Cooker Cookbook: More Than 85 Foolproof Irresistible Recipes Tested in All the Most Popular Models The Ultimate Pasta Machine Cookbook: More Than 75 Foolproof, Irresistible Recipes for Automatic... Slow Cookers For Dummies®