Blank-133x176
Weight Loss Surgery fo...

Marina S. Kurian

Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Your trusted guide to surgical weight-lossSixty percent of individuals over the age of 20--or 58 million people in the U.S.--are overweight. As the obesity epidemic continues to grow, many Americans are researching the benefits and complications of weight-loss surgeries. Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies, 2nd edition is the most up-to-date and authoritative guide to understa...more
Published July 5th 2012 by For Dummies (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

Beauty Transforming
If you were only going to purchase one book related to WLS, THIS SHOULD BE IT!!
This book answers every question you need to know about weight loss surgery. It is fair to all the surgeries, even talking about the ones that aren't as popular or well known, such as the VBG and DS. It has great recipes that I can't wait to try after my surgery. There are chapters about how to use your tool correctly for the rest of your life... this book is a MUST HAVE for anyone considering any type of weight loss...more
Debbie Davies
Read it!

This book is a huge source of information. If you are considering weight loss surgery you will find the answers to your questions here! Recommended by my surgeon.
Andreacapozzi

I love this book..... It's been a decade since my surgery, but this was so helpful!!! I think anyone thinking of getting it should read this first though, life doesn't magically change just because you are smaller!!! So make sure that it isn't a choice based on looks!!! It should be a health option for people who can't lose weight and will die unless that happens. I wish I had done it through WW.
Sue
I'm sure I will pour over this book several more times. It includes recipes, questions to ask your surgeon, lists of foods to avoid, list of items to bring to the hospital...pretty much covers WLS from A to Z.
Lisa Gibson
An essential book for anyone going through weight loss surgery. This will definitely be your go-to book through the entire process.
Stacy
Easy to read book on Weight Loss surgery. Not too much detail but gives a good overview of options.
Jeanne
Really good overview of all the basics for anyone interested in weight loss surgery.
PWRL
Apr 08, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Patricia Seratte
Patricia Seratte is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Deborah Meabon
Deborah Meabon is currently reading it
May 29, 2014
Kimohakim
Kimohakim marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014